DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My OBX B&O simply isn’t loud enough when I am driving with the top off. Not Ford’s fault but after 27+ years in the Army, something had to give. I will say though that I do hear the Alpine system in my son’s 2018 JLU Sahara just fine. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is it bad, no; but I have no problem making it a bit better.
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no issues whatsoever with the LUX's B&O sound system.
I'm no expert, but I have been an audio engineer, Musician and Music Lover for many years. lol
Unless you have the B&O system and can comment on what exactly the problem you have with the system, please just keep your opinions to yourself, no ones needs to know your uninformed, useless and time wasting thoughts.

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that the Bronco is so inherently noisy that no stereo system is going to sound great whenever you are moving. I am music nut with a serious audiophile level system at home and I think the B&O system sounds pretty good, with one BIG exception: interior panel vibrations from the subwoofer. It’s so bad that I’m going to removing the panels and applying anti-vibration tape wherever I can fit it. My guess is some of the folks bashing the B&O system are “bass fans” who listen to bass heavy tracks cranked way up(Think Hip Hop, EDM or Rap music). That is a formula for bad sound with either factory system.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that the Bronco is so inherently noisy that no stereo system is going to sound great whenever you are moving. I am music nut with a serious audiophile level system at home and I think the B&O system sounds pretty good, with one BIG exception: interior panel vibrations from the subwoofer. It’s so bad that I’m going to removing the panels and applying anti-vibration tape wherever I can fit it. My guess is some of the folks bashing the B&O system are “bass fans” who listen to bass heavy tracks cranked way up(Think Hip Hop, EDM or Rap music). That is a formula for bad sound with either factory system.
What kind of headphones setup do you have? A good speaker is one that satisfies at a flat EQ.

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of headphones setup do you have? A good speaker is one that satisfies at a flat EQ.
I agree! I have several wired headphones, my current favorites are the Focal Clear MG.

Sponsored

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My B&O sounded like total crap. I listen to blues and classic rock. No hip hop or edm or anything bass heavy. The dsp tuning just sounds muddy. The bass is trying way too hard and accomplishing way too little. The speakers sound like they being overdriven and producing more rattles and panel buzzing than music. The good news is it’s an easy enough fix by adding a driver and amp for the sub and simply replacing the 4 inch speakers. You have probably seen all of he great write up. If you want to go further you will need to bypass the B&O amp and that gets pricey but gives you lots of control via dsp. I went with just the sub upgrade and replaced the 4 inch speakers because at the end of the day the road and wind noise is never going to go away.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree! I have several wired headphones, my current favorites are the Focal Clear MG.
Awesome phones, I'm sure. I've got some Schiit dacs and amps with a Sendy Aiva.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have the B&O in our Badlands and we think it's pretty good, I did turn down the bass sub a little because the housing needs some padding inside when listening to a song with heavy bass 🔊🍍🍕

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My OBX B&O simply isn’t loud enough when I am driving with the top off. Not Ford’s fault but after 27+ years in the Army, something had to give. I will say though that I do hear the Alpine system in my son’s 2018 JLU Sahara just fine. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is it bad, no; but I have no problem making it a bit better.
Yeah, would love a higher maximum volume. At highway speeds, with the Sunrider open and windows down, it's simply not loud enough.

In town I keep the volume lower, because I don't think I can get away with blasting country music in northern New Jersey, lol.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have the B&O in our Badlands and we think it's pretty good, I did turn down the bass sub a little because the housing needs some padding inside when listening to a song with heavy bass 🔊🍍🍕
Yes, yes! I'm adding some Kilmat to my subwoofer enclosure this weekend to combat the "rattle". Will report back with the results.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think it's that bad, but I'm installing some Focal ACX 4" 2-ways and Kilmat in the rear pods today. Interested to see how much difference only that makes.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t want all of the bells and whistles beyond the standard package and didn’t feel like spending $5K for the Bose.
The base stereo is ok for quick jaunts around town, but pretty marginal when on the highway, even with a hardtop.
Next week I’m having a Fosgate amp and JL 2-way speakers installed(two 6” in the kick panels and four 4” in the dash and rear). I’m not adding a sub since that’s not necessary for my listening enjoyment.
Installation and equipment, including wiring harnesses, etc are just under $2000.
I’m guessing that this will still outperform the Bose system, even without a sub.
Sponsored