First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're going to get a lot of different answers because it very much depends on the music genre and/or the song. And it's not just 'oh you can't play hip hop.' I find something like Eryah Badu, most of her songs absolutely slap at high levels. Whereas other music by Common, recorded mostly at the same time/place, fall very very flat. It's really weird. You'll probably find it plays your music at moderate volume really well 80% of the time. Its that 20% that will leave you trying to decide if you want to drop another 1k+ on audio parts.
I find the threads about the how bad the sound system always lack detail of what kind of music people listen to and where they get their music.
I have my music on a USB drive and don't have any issue with the sound quality, when my wife is in the Bronco she connects her streaming music (Spotify) and no matter what she plays it sounds like crap. Even FM radio sounds much better.

With that being said, I find the base system adequate but I might add an under seat sub so I would think I would be satisfied with the B&O system.
Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OB with high package & Sasquatch is a one of the sweet spots in the lineup - in my opinion.

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It really is just ok and for a premium system it feels very underpowered. Im not really worried about the bass levels as I no longer want 2 12 inch subwoofers knocking my brain around. (like my explorer sport) I just think the speakers could have a little more power to them. As some have mentioned replacing a few of the speakers have worked for them. To me its not a big deal I just turn the music up when on the freeway.

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was really disappointed-actually shocked seeing they used the cheapest quality paper speakers.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading all the comments about B&O system I was skeptical and future planning to replace something but after owning for a couple weeks and rockin out in the Bronco, I’m pleasantly impressed. Wait till you get/experience it before committing to change. Yes some ears are fine tuned for perfection and those comments will always be expressed. My only change I plan to make is to put better sound deadening/absorbing in the metal around the sub.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks All for the replies. Will keep the order as is. I do wish vehicle manufacturers would use better components but then I guess the speaker manufacturers wouldn’t have much to do outside of providing speakers to car makers. I used to install “systems” in my trucks but finally outgrew it. Not that anything is wrong with having a great car stereo. But I do find myself not wanting to hear others music. Payback for all those years of rattling at red lights in the 90’s…

I bet this B&O was designed around Smooth Jazz. So I’ll be good.

HotRod76

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife has a BB and I have a BL with Lux. The difference is quite significant. In comparing those two systems, IMHO it is worth the upgrade. I like my B&O. As many have said, if you're expecting a "premium" system that is going to blow you away, I would say this is not it. It is a good factory system. To me "premium" has the connotation of an aftermarket quality that will blow your ear-drums out. The B&O is like the upgraded Shaker systems in the older mustangs, good for the time, but not unbelievable.

I met with someone who also has a lux package at Super Cel and asked him what he thought of the B&O. He too liked it and felt it was more than enough for him as well. I would say it this way. I was in no way disappointed in it (although I heard it at a dealer before I got mine, so I knew what to expect). With that said, just depends on your expectation.

For me, it is the non-lux system brings lackluster feelings. My wife has wanted to upgrade since she got it. For those who want to upgrade their system to an aftermarket system, I think the choice to go non-lux is a good one and they can probably outperform the lux system. For me, I like things to remain "stock" and didn't want to have pour extra money or time into putting something additional into my build. I've modded cars enough (superchargers, pulleys, exhaust, short-throw shifters, audio systems) over the years and I've found myself wanting to tinker less and less with them and just get what I wanted from the start. From that perspective, I've been very happy with the B&O and other goodies.

If you like to mod, you can do better than the B&O. If you want some descent sound from the factory without the hassle, go lux. There are smarter people on this forum who can probably debate this, but this is just my 2 cents and I hope it helps you. Your concern is real. :)

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm thinking of switching out the front middle speaker and maybe the rear speakers? How hard is that to do without messing something up? lol.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm thinking of switching out the front middle speaker and maybe the rear speakers? How hard is that to do without messing something up? lol.
front middle will help the sound but the job SUCKS.. Fortunately, there are some awesome threads here that will help. The rears are simple Especially if you are swapping the rears for a bigger pod for bigger speakers.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you have upgraded any speakers in any car you have had, I’m sure you will want to upgrade this as well. You just know the difference and the potential.

To me, the bigger question will be how much you enjoy a good sound system with the top off. I personally love to crank it loud at 15-16 and the base and B&O suck at volume. To me, it was a no brainer because I enjoy long rides with the top off and hearing and feeling the music at 60-70 mph was important.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

High package gets the 12" screen. If that's the only option you were wanting and don't want the Adaptive Cruise, and some of the other things on the LUX then go with High. I'm not an audiophile, but I feel the sound is fine /shrug

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from an audio background. B&O was never known as audiophile grade equipment. It was just a style of equipment. Fancy doors, moving parts and appearance. It’s just OEM garbage. Good enough for most people though.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

to your point, much better than what I had. lol (2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend)

I usually keep it around 10-15. Audiobooks and podcasts are at 20-25. I think it’s fine. I’m not trying to thump around though. If I cranked it up, it might be a different story.
wow...I typically run at like 3-4 when I first get in the Bronco in the morning. 7-9 in the late afternoon. I don't get above that unless the top is off. And I'm ex military and have hearing issues.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&O is not bad. I have the soft top and it sounds decent enough. I have the bass rattle on some songs, and I know it can be improved. It's just not on the priority list for now. I will deal with the audio later on after I do "other upgrades".

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

wow...I typically run at like 3-4 when I first get in the Bronco in the morning. 7-9 in the late afternoon. I don't get above that unless the top is off. And I'm ex military and have hearing issues.
Dunno, it’s not that loud. I’m running everything through my iPhone, so that may be the difference.
Sponsored