BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need Lux package if that is the only way to get adaptive cruise.
I was just about to comment on the same thing. Adaptive cruise is a must on an 80mile commute. I use mine all the time and I love it. I think you have to get a minimum of an OBX to get the lux, but there was some talk of the adaptive cruise control being a stand alone option. Hopefully we will find out on Friday.
Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to ask... is this the design they are really going with for the cybertruck?

1603115378123.png

Because that thing looks like a joke, I mean seriously, a 5 year old could come up with a better design.
It’s the silliest looking vehicle I’ve seen in awhile. At least Rivian has a proper design though, so there’s hope for electric trucks. Deliveries begin this upcoming June, OP.

Ford Bronco Is the Bronco wrong for me? 47EE6AC2-16BD-48EB-96B2-8ADAD3E396A5

OP
OP
Woodypeoples

Woodypeoples

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine is roughly the same. If it's mostly highway it's not so bad. Gives you some time to clear your mind going into and out of work. I've been doing it for a little over 6 years in my Camaro SS.
I have been doing it for about 10 years. I am one of the business owners, and we moved the business 4 years ago and I didn't move it closer. Then I personally moved 2 years ago, and didn't move closer. I am an idiot, but it is hard to move too far from the places you know (both home and work). It only bothers me that I can't stop in for a quick stop because of the distance.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy what you want. Vehicles should be enjoyed and in most cases are temporary.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the Bronco you want for adventures and fun weekends, then go spend another $3k or so on a used Toyota Camry to commute in. The v6 ones have like 300hp, so you can still have fun in it.
If you don't go on adventures or have fun weekends, skip the Bronco and just buy the Camry.

Sponsored

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife was super excited when I said I liked the Bronco because she hates the look of the Cybertruck. And personally, I don't want a long and big vehicle like a Cybertruck. All these comments are helping a lot. Thanks. I am sure there are others that are second guessing as order date is coming quickly (maybe) and none of us have driven the Bronco yet. So we are all just going by what we know from other products.
So as far as efficiency of a DD goes, the CT will blow away any gas vehicle. However, you would also need to think about charging a large vehicle like that, which can be a pain if it doesn't fit in your garage. Not a huge deal if you can install an high amp connection outside.

I'm also concerned how much towing is going to affect the range, I've heard that it could be significant and the way the current Super Charger network is set up, charging with a trailer is a challenge. I'm not sure Tesla will address the charging situation in the next 2 years. I would like to be able tow a small camper a few hundred miles and at this point I'm not sure the CT is the best option for that.

I had an F-150 that got 17 MPGs, which like you became too much for a relatively long commute. I ended up selling it to get a Tesla that I use as a DD and it's great for commuting. But I also want a weekend warrior/off road/camping vehicle and I'm thinking a Bronco will be great for that. I don't think I'll be towing anything too heavy and I didn't really make full use of the truck bed that often. I wish the Bronco could tow a little bit more for a camper and gear, but I think I'll make due. I'm hoping that with an EB half the size of my 5.0L I'll at least get in the 20s for MPGs, but since it's not my DD, it's not really a big deal.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new electric Hummer debuts tomorrow and is following the reservation model like Tesla and Ford. I’d definitely take a look if you were considering the Cyber Truck.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to ask... is this the design they are really going with for the cybertruck?

1603115378123.png

Because that thing looks like a joke, I mean seriously, a 5 year old could come up with a better design.
The first time I saw it I thought it had to be a joke and then I saw a video. I know this is rude and I’m sorry ahead of time? Maybe. But this truck is designed for people with too much money and no taste. It just screams, “LOOK AT ME!! I HAVE MONNNNEEYYYYYYY!” It’s the douchiest thing I’ve ever seen. It’s like all the hideous clothes that designers come up with for exorbitant amounts of money that celebrities buy up so they’re “unique.” While the rest of the world is staring at them like, “Sweet ass, leather, lime green dress lined with hot pink, brown and blue with puffy shoulders with the added scent of cat piss and a veil? I guess?”

Sometimes I think it’s all an elaborate ruse to see how stupid they can make rich people look while they laugh behind the scenes.

Last edited:

cjduffie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MISC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Life's too short. If you're going to sit in a car for ~90 minutes each day, buy one that you look forward to driving. Bronco should be fine on that commute. It is kind of silly that the want for steering wheel heat or adaptive cruise control is forcing a decision on which model tho...

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have 100k miles on my current SUV, and would really like to buy something next year.
I haven’t kept up with the cybertruck so not sure if I’m correct on timelines, but the plant is pretty much right next door to me. The last I heard Elon was shooting for a December completion. Unless there is a miracle from God there is no way that plant is gonna be finished by then. So I doubt we’ll be seeing cybertrucks until ‘22 at the earliest.

80 miles round trip is a long way, but get what you want, life is too short. I think a badlands on 33s is gonna be a sweet spot for daily driving/highway miles, fun, and being something that you would actually want to drive and be seen in lol.

Sponsored

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Second day on Cybertruck and early August on Bronco. I was so sure on Cybertruck, which is why it took me a little time to consider the Bronco. I have 100k miles on my current SUV, and would really like to buy something next year.
You might end up getting a CT before the Bronco, but we don't know the production timelines of either at this point so it's anyone's guess. One of things I like about Tesla is that, for the most part, they build in reservation order and deliver directly to the customer so you don't need to worry about dealership allocations, which has already been discussed in depth in other threads.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll offer a dissenting opinion here because most people are steering you into a Bronco (rightfully so, because they’ll probably be awesome and everyone should have one), but I think you need to look at your realistic use case and pick a tool most suited for that job.

80mi commute: a removable-top, off-road vehicle on 33’s or 35’s regardless of tread will not be the best tool for this job. Yes, IFS will make it better than a Jeep, but it will be louder and likely require more active steering than your current SUV. Power for merging will likely be a wash or even favor the Bronco if you get the 2.7. As you mentioned, if ACC is a must then you’re on the hook for the lux package. Bottom line, your commute will likely become less comfortable in a Bronco. How highly you rank a comfortable commute is your prerogative.

Ability to get into construction sites: what type of driving is this? Rutted, sloshy residential/commercial sites that anything with decent AWD or 4WD can handle? Or are you traveling way out to get to these sites where big tires and lockers of the Bronco would be appreciated?

Offroading: are you planning to use this vehicle for any kind of outdoor recreation? Trails, camping/“overlanding”, hunting, fishing, bird watching, anything where your vehicle is spending lots of time not on pavement etc. The capability of the bronco, and forthcoming massive aftermarket will allow you to set it up for almost any kind of outdoor recreation you can get into. Even if you’re not into anything like that right now, but want to start, there’s value in the Bronco here.

Again, all this goes out the window if you decide that the Bronco isn’t the best tool for the job but you’re going to get it anyway because you want one. In that case more power to you

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your reservation is ahead of mine then yes it is wrong for you....go ahead and cancel that reservation. :)

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, based on everything you've said so far, it sounds to me like the Outer Banks with Lux would be the perfect fit for you.
Sponsored