First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just disconnect your negative battery terminal for 5 minutes. I just had to do it again today. There's a socket in your tool kit that fits the nut, so not a big deal.
Sponsored

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just disconnect your negative battery terminal for 5 minutes. I just had to do it again today. There's a socket in your tool kit that fits the nut, so not a big deal.
Agreed, not a big deal, but a little concerning. I had a 2022 Big Bend, never once disconnected. I upgraded to 2023 outer banks and this is second time in 5 weeks. So something’s up. Thanks for the tip. It worked the first time for sure.

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Per earlier reply, my Bronco lost connectity Feb 9, and I finally called support. Following remote troubleshooting, the CSR said I would need to go to dealer for a TSB, the CSR connected me to my local dealer. Service Department said there is no TSB, and they can schedule an appointment a week out.

I'd rather let the Dealer figure it out instead of disconnecting the battery myself. I'm surprised this requires setting up an appointment. Thinking of just stopping by the dealer anyhow!

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This happened to me as well 2023 just disconnect the battery for a minute or two and connect back up all you need is a 10 mm

jebo_4jc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer, 2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nov 2022 build date, Jan 2023 delivery date checking in with the same issue. The app hasn't connected to the vehicle since Feb 12.

Before I found this thread, I suspected a software issue, so I spent about 30 minutes poking around in the menus of SYNC in the vehicle trying to find a "software reset" option. Seems like the modem just needs a good whack to get back on track from time to time. It's unfortunate it requires a "hardware reset."

Knowing what little I do about how chips work, I suspect there's some sort of onboard cache memory that's getting filled up inappropriately. Doing the hardware reset clears the cache. If I'm right, there should be a software solution that would involve the system clearing itself every now and then. Fingers crossed the OTA update comes soon (and we're all able to get connected in some way to get it done!).

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had my alarm go off a couple times and alert my FordPass app. Someone (ahem) forgot to close the hood completely.

TRAXX

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dj-traxx.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands-Sas 4-Door 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Everyone,

I am the proud new owner of a 23 4-door OBX that I purchased one month ago today. I really enjoy the Bronco and have already put 2,600 miles on it in just one month!

There are two issues that I have been having and I wonder if anyone else has experienced these. I've spoken to a few Bronco owners locally and none seem to have these issues.

FordPass App: The night I purchased the Bronco, the salesman tried to activate the vehicle through the app and it kept failing. About a week later, I was finally able to get it activated while setting in my driveway. It worked great for about two weeks. I could remote start the vehicle and check on its stats through the app. The app will no longer connect to the Bronco. The last time it synced was on 1/17/23. Has anyone else had this problem with the app?

Alarm: This one is rather frustrating. In the month that I've had the Bronco, the alarm has gone off at least 6-7 times. One time it alerted me through the app and stated the security system detected the hood open and triggered the alarm. After checking the vehicle, I could never figure out why the alarm went off. The other times, I did not receive an alert through the app, I just heard the horn honking in my driveway. Has anyone else had issues with the alarm going off at random?

Other than those two items, I absolutely love this vehicle. I started really looking at them in September. I called around to several dealers and found one that would sell at MSRP. I told them that my main requirement was a MIC. A couple months later, the salesman called me to let me know they had one that had just arrived that the customer backed out on and it was mine for the taking. I took it!
I have been having the same problem with the alarm on the 2023 4-Door Bronco Badlands 2.7L I ordered February of 2022 and bought just 3 weeks ago. The alarm will randomly go off and some of the times I get an alert on the Ford Pass app telling me “The security system has detected hood opened and triggered the alarm.” This has happened approximately 15 times in the past three weeks, including the day I bought it.

I happen to work for a large Ford dealership and have spoken to a service advisor there who wasn’t much help. He just told me that others have had the same problem and that Ford is working to figure it out. I may call Ford’s customer service to see what I can find out.

OP
OP

Kronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since I originally started this thread on Jan. 27, I have been parking my Bronco in my garage everyday. The alarm has not gone off since. I started thinking about it and every time that the alarm went off during the first month of ownership it was either parked in my driveway fairly close to a large bush or I was parallel parked with cars driving by.

I wonder if the hood alarm sensor senses nearby movement? I'm sure the bush by my driveway was probably bristling in the wind.

On another note about the FordPass app, I have about given up hope that it will ever continuously function correctly. Within a couple of day after my post, it started working again. Worked great for about two weeks. The last time it connected was on Feb. 16.

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine reconnected yesterday…..tried every few days…

jebo_4jc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer, 2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got mine to connect using the battery disconnect trick. We'll see how long it lasts

Sponsored

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine went offline again so instead of disconnecting the battery I took it in to the dealership. Took the mechanic about 2 minutes to tell me it’s a known issue. He even showed me the notice from Ford saying they’re hoping to have a fix by June. So we’re all going to have to deal with this for 4 more months.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you could show me which one is fuse #20?

Ford Bronco Issues with FordPass and Alarm 1677626709243

The only fix to this is resetting your modem by disconnecting it from power. You can do this either by pulling fuse #20 on drivers side fuse panel ( which I suggest getting a fuse remover/tweezer because mini fuse is pretty hard to come out ) or by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes.

This has happened to me 3 times with little less than 1k miles on my Big Bend. Supposedly Ford is aware of this problem and will send out an update who knows when.

brettly

Black Diamond
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond,1990 K1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you could show me which one is fuse #20?

1677626709243.png
You need the fuses under the steering wheel not the fuses under the hood. On that set of fuses it's pretty clearly marked on the plastic next to the fuses.

That being said I pulled fuse #20 and left it unplugged for 15+ minutes and it didn't work. I've also seen a handful of posts stating it is fuse #12 which I haven't tried.

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

While I appreciate their attempt to assist, dealing with the Ford MoCo social media folks above proved to be pointless. Yesterday, I got a call from an unenthusiastic Ford MoCo employee, and their response to absolutely everything and anything was to make a service appointment.

This morning, I popped the hood, disconnected the negative battery terminal, grabbed some Invisible Glass, spent 5 minutes cleaning the windows, reconnected the terminal, and everything started working again.

Note to self, I wouldn't mind having hood struts.
Hey, forgive the ignorance. What do you mean about the last part? I would really like to fix the phantom alarm from the hood.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since I originally started this thread on Jan. 27, I have been parking my Bronco in my garage everyday. The alarm has not gone off since. I started thinking about it and every time that the alarm went off during the first month of ownership it was either parked in my driveway fairly close to a large bush or I was parallel parked with cars driving by.

I wonder if the hood alarm sensor senses nearby movement? I'm sure the bush by my driveway was probably bristling in the wind.
Like you mine started going off week 1 while sitting in the driveway. To avoid it going off in the middle of the night started parking in the garage. It’s not a daily sosits in the garage and for the last 2 weeks didn’t go off once. Took it out yesterday to drive shack and it went off within 5 mins after getting inside. It was extremely windy out and I think the alarm sensitivity for the hood is overly sensitive.

Today I took it apart and jumped the factory harness and left the hood latch unplugged. Until Ford puts out a TSB it’ll stay jumped as having to leave my doors unlocked just to go someplace and not have to worry about the alarm going off due to a wind gust is bs.
Sponsored