eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey sorry for the stupid question!
I’m getting my rims painted next week and want to put my Bronco up on jack stand for the week when they get painted.
All new to this but where is the best place to put the jack stands? Any videos or diagrams? I would think the wield seam and suspension are not the best place.
I have the 4 stands and 3 ton jack just don’t want to mess anything up.
Appreciate any help for a newbie
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are jack points on the frame labeled with an arrow. I don't have access to photos at the moment but there are a couple previous threads, try a search or check the owner manual. FYI, you'll need some pretty tall jack stands to actually get the front wheels off the ground. The rear you can support off the axle tubes.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front area is marked by an arrow. It is kind of hard to see from certain angles but it’s basically right where the forward most body mount bolt is, right before the frame starts curving upwards. There’s plenty of meat to grab so don’t worry. Jack stands fit in nicely even when you have a jack with a big purchase.

I have always just lifted the rear by the diff (watch the lip of the diff cover but again there’s plenty of meat to grab). I put the stands right on the axle tubes. Been doing it this way with no issues on my Bronco and on every RWD vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Ford Bronco Jack stand location 5F2B37E9-C859-4F40-A5A9-2698A55E0FEA

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking closely at the drawing,... I wonder if the site is confusing the Bronco with the Bronco Sport.
The site says they didn't receive info from the OEM in time for publishing. I'm not even sure that image is a Sport. It's a misleading placeholder.

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The front area is marked by an arrow. It is kind of hard to see from certain angles but it’s basically right where the forward most body mount bolt is, right before the frame starts curving upwards. There’s plenty of meat to grab so don’t worry. Jack stands fit in nicely even when you have a jack with a big purchase.

I have always just lifted the rear by the diff (watch the lip of the oil pan and again there’s plenty of meat to grab). I put the stands right on the axle tubes. Been doing it this way with no issues on my Bronco and on every RWD vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Ford Bronco Jack stand location 5F2B37E9-C859-4F40-A5A9-2698A55E0FEA
When you say “watch the lip” you mean put the jack on the lip, or put the jack on the pumpkin but be careful not to engage the lip?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The factory jack is intended to work with a spacer to lift up at the front and lift without a spacer on the rear axle shaft.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you say “watch the lip” you mean put the jack on the lip, or put the jack on the pumpkin but be careful not to engage the lip?
Sorry I had a brain fart typing that (lot going on today lol). Didn’t mean oil pan I meant the diff cover lip. They’re just some stamped steel and it’s not uncommon to bend it if you accidentally grab it with the jack. Just stay forward of the diff cover and you’ll be fine

OP
OP

eMan

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Accent
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are jack points on the frame labeled with an arrow. I don't have access to photos at the moment but there are a couple previous threads, try a search or check the owner manual. FYI, you'll need some pretty tall jack stands to actually get the front wheels off the ground. The rear you can support off the axle tubes.
Thanks !!

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey sorry for the stupid question!
I’m getting my rims painted next week and want to put my Bronco up on jack stand for the week when they get painted.
All new to this but where is the best place to put the jack stands? Any videos or diagrams? I would think the wield seam and suspension are not the best place.
I have the 4 stands and 3 ton jack just don’t want to mess anything up.
Appreciate any help for a newbie
Photo on Stock SAS bronco behind the front wheel - note the cutout arrow on where to place your jack or stand

IMG_6482.jpeg
Sponsored