Jeep and Chevrolet's Reaction to New Ford Bronco

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I paid $5k less for my nearly identical vehicle as my neighbors buy. Same Year, Same Model, Same Options (color was different), Bought in same Month.
His price from his dealership was "Invoice", per the window sticker.
My price was based on knowing what my OTD price should be and sticking to it and approaching multiple dealerships with the same number.
There is no "game" to walk into a dealer as in informed customer, give them a price, and walk if they don't meet it.
If it is NOT an informed price, no dealers will bite and the customer is wrong.
When even ONE dealer is willing to take the deal, you know they needed to move that vehicle for some reason and both of us got what we needed.

You seem like a reputable dealer. Many (Most) squeeze every line. I don't want to go round and round.
There should be a better way to buy that gives up all the "4-Boxes" BS and allows everyone to get within 5% of everyone elses price.
There are very few things in life that are bought like a vehicle, and the process is designed to put the Dealer and the Customer in competition.
There has to be a better way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a moderator for a Mustang Mach E group on Facebook and someone in Canada was told by their dealership that they wanted a $5K ADM for a MME! I also saw an article that Ford is telling their dealerships not to advertise the MME below cost by adding up all the incentives that no single buyer qualifies all for.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm a moderator for a Mustang Mach E group on Facebook and someone in Canada was told by their dealership that they wanted a $5K ADM for a MME! I also saw an article that Ford is telling their dealerships not to advertise the MME below cost by adding up all the incentives that no single buyer qualifies all for.
I posted an article on the MSRP and Allocation in the eMustang Thread.

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the problem is that it is not an easy process to try and figure out what a fair price is. All I want when I walk into a dealer to buy a vehicle is that vehicle at a price where the dealer makes some money and I don't pay a lot more than the next person that buys the same vehicle.

In 2016 I went to my local dealer, told them what I wanted, told them I didn't want any add-ons, and asked for their best price. The price they offered seemed reasonable compared to prices I saw advertised and what people were reporting on forums. I then called the next closest dealer (3 hours away), told them the same thing, I didn't disclose that I had even talked to another dealer and they came back $1,500 cheaper than my local dealer.

So without talking to multiple dealers about price, how does someone not in the car business figure out what a fair price is?

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Sales Underground Committee on Knowledge of Motorvehicle Entrepreneurship got wind of this post and Chrispy was called in the the "office".
He won't be responding anytime in the future. ;)

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sales Underground Committee on Knowledge of Motorvehicle Entrepreneurship got wind of this post and Chrispy was called in the the "office".
He won't be responding anytime in the future. ;)
Phew, was worried you got clinton'd!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the problem is that it is not an easy process to try and figure out what a fair price is.
If we are going the "fair price" route, it better be closer to what it could be sold for (used dealer retail at least) on day 2, which (usually) is not very close to new selling price
(even when you haggle for rock bottom price, you still take HUGE hits on day 2). Not a big deal with a 50" TV, but for vehicles, it thousands, if not 10's of thousands.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
UK news: Auto Express

Jeep has confirmed it will launch a new “ultra compact” utility vehicle in 2022. Designed to sit below the Renegade in the company’s line-up, Jeep’s latest off-roader will act as a rival to the Suzuki Jimny – and it could feature an all-electric powertrain derived from FCA’s planned merger with PSA.

When quizzed about the vehicle’s brief, Marco Pigozzi, Jeep’s European Head of Brand Marketing, said it would offer plenty of day-to-day practicality without compromising the brand’s renowned off-road capability. Pigozzi said: “The car will be able to be used as a bad-ass Jeep, but it has also been designed to be used everyday.” He also stated that the forthcoming baby SIV will be around four metres in length – which will make it slightly longer than a Suzuki Jimny, but shorter than the new Nissan Juke.

Given Jeep’s recent push towards electrification (with the launch of the PHEV Renegade and Compass), it’s almost certain the compact Jeep will feature some form of electrification.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Jeep has confirmed it will launch a new “ultra compact” utility vehicle in 2022. Designed to sit below the Renegade in the company’s line-up, Jeep’s latest off-roader will act as a rival to the Suzuki Jimny – and it could feature an all-electric powertrain derived from FCA’s planned merger with PSA.

When quizzed about the vehicle’s brief, Marco Pigozzi, Jeep’s European Head of Brand Marketing, said it would offer plenty of day-to-day practicality without compromising the brand’s renowned off-road capability. Pigozzi said: “The car will be able to be used as a bad-ass Jeep, but it has also been designed to be used everyday.” He also stated that the forthcoming baby SIV will be around four metres in length – which will make it slightly longer than a Suzuki Jimny, but shorter than the new Nissan Juke.

Given Jeep’s recent push towards electrification (with the launch of the PHEV Renegade and Compass), it’s almost certain the compact Jeep will feature some form of electrification.
Damn I figured it out. Ford isn’t targeting the wrangler with the Bronco, they’re targeting this.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sounds like a golf cart with classic Jeep body styling for commuters and city dwellers. I'm honestly quite surprised there aren't a lot more densely populated areas banning the use of anything that isn't essentially a Kei Car, like this would almost be.

Picking up a mini truck for small jobs has crossed my mind a few times.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
banning the use of anything that isn't essentially a Kei Car
Once you leave the USA its amazing just how small vehicles can be. Seems I recall reading that before purchasing Jaguar & Land Rover, the largest vehicle Tata made was ~$3,500. And I don't think it even had a 'start-up' video.

I think you're right that urban areas will prohibit large vehicles in the forseeable future. As to whether they'll be electrified??? see Bloomberg last week: "Mercedes Delays Electric Debut After Jaguar and Audi SUVs Flop"
Sponsored