Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I don’t think Jeep is in trouble, but the Bronco will hurt their sales for many reasons, but first and foremost is the fact that Bronco is a competitor with a removable roof.
Sponsored

*T2*

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Look, these words aren't derived from new-found fanboy syndrome, but rather what I feel is pure logic.

How many people use pure logic to dictate their lives. Jeep will be fine.
Ford Bronco Jeep is in trouble 1619663898083

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have to agree... Competition is great for the customer.. Jeep has been relatively stagnant with few changes over the years... Having a real domestic competitor will be better for us in the long run. Looking forward to the series of one-upmanship's that will be coming from each manufacturer as we go along.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can now add the Explorer Timberline to the mix. Things are getting interesting.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7 ford vs 3.6 jeep with procharger
Ford Bronco Jeep is in trouble Screenshot_20210505-055736_Chrome
Ford Bronco Jeep is in trouble Screenshot_20210505-055658_Google

Sponsored

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7 ford vs 3.6 jeep with procharger
This proves nothing. Are you surprised a twin turbo has a more complicated and messy looking engine bay than a decade old v6 with a much simpler supercharger and useless plastic covers? I don't understand why everyone is so concerned that the engine bay is messy looking. It's functional, that's all it needs to be. Unless you're going to car shows and expecting to win awards I suppose but I would argue this is not the vehicle for that.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BoomerBarnes

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep and bronco are in a neck and neck race for my next vehicle.

The only thing I am considering the jeep for is because they have a plug in hybrid available now. If Ford announces a plug in I won't even look in a jeeps direction.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This proves nothing. Are you surprised a twin turbo has a more complicated and messy looking engine bay than a decade old v6 with a much simpler supercharger and useless plastic covers? I don't understand why everyone is so concerned that the engine bay is messy looking. It's functional, that's all it needs to be. Unless you're going to car shows and expecting to win awards I suppose but I would argue this is not the vehicle for that.
lol ease of maint,multiple fail points ,troubleshooting yup looks like its the black wire the rat chewed pick one.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok Boomer... ;)
This "boomer" shit is obnoxious. Please stop using it
lol ease of maint,multiple fail points ,troubleshooting yup looks like its the black wire the rat chewed pick one.
Again, twin turbo, direct injection, electronic timing control, etc. etc. There's a lot more going on with new engines, and this engine in particular than a 10 year old Chrysler V6. Granted I have no doubt it has a lot to do with new emissions regulations, and efficiency and all that. In any case, this just sounds like the typical gripes of literally every classic/pre 2000 car owner ever. "Give me a carbureted V8 any day over this new fangled mess." *spits into spittoon*

Doesnt look much more complicated than this 2017 Civic SI Engine, yet all the tuner bois seem to manage alright. This isn't even a turbo.

download.jpg

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it hard to believe that a vehicle with the legacy, cult following and market share of Jeep is going to "fold" due to the yet-undelivered Bronco. I just got my first Jeep (thanks to the interim lease from @DealerInsider), and while the shortcomings I am finding are things that I think the Bronco will alleviate (road manners, and of course the dated 'look' that many appreciate) I also recognize the value of the wide variety of 3rd party modifications and options available, not to mention the ability to configure one in almost any way possible (hello heated seats and steering wheel).

Cannot wait for my Bronco (though I have to) but believe that this will help spur the market and options for both, as well as to likely bring in more manufacturers and choice.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now things are picking up as I type this, so won't read all this, but I often head to the 5 borough's for work, so thats 75-80 on the turnpike.

Read about the steering issues, friend said he didn't like how his rental Wrangler was when he went to Florida months ago, remember feeling like I was a teenager again as I struggled to smoothly let out the clutch during a test drive years ago, and don't like that if I wanna tune it, no OEM+ Option, even if Im throwing a few AM parts on.

Between the videos, the fact that its ifs/sra is like the work truck and stuff, all I gotta do is figure out what color I want and base it is

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This "boomer" shit is obnoxious. Please stop using it

Again, twin turbo, direct injection, electronic timing control, etc. etc. There's a lot more going on with new engines, and this engine in particular than a 10 year old Chrysler V6. Granted I have no doubt it has a lot to do with new emissions regulations, and efficiency and all that. In any case, this just sounds like the typical gripes of literally every classic/pre 2000 car owner ever. "Give me a carbureted V8 any day over this new fangled mess." *spits into spittoon*

Doesnt look much more complicated than this 2017 Civic SI Engine, yet all the tuner bois seem to manage alright. This isn't even a turbo.

Ford Bronco Jeep is in trouble krhW9yWEI0x0Y
Just not a fan of put a big plastic cover on it everything is fine.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I saw a new Jeep Wrangler commercial the other day, so Jeep is taking the Bronco seriously IMHO. I haven't seen a commercial from Jeep featuring just the Wrangler in years. As far as the Bronco taking the market away from Jeep, I don't know. The Jeep has a solid history. You can scream quality issues all day, that doesn't seem to matter, the history is still there. In my mind it's the Bronco that's sucking hind tit. It is going to have to prove itself out in the real world before it can get past the Jeep.

Disclaimer: Yes I own a Jeep. No I'm not a fanboy. I'm just offering up my useless opinion from what I see on the road.
Sponsored

Last edited: