Sponsored

JKS STEERING SLEEVE OR THE BRONCO BUSTER SLEEVE???

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have them, on a lifted badlands on true 35's. Zero issues and my suspension guy had zero problem putting them on and adjusting them.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I bought the chaos concept tie rod brace because they were cheaper and better looking.

Can't seem to find them now..maybe he stopped making them?

The beauty with the BB style is you can take them on and off without messing with your alignment.. The downside is you have to take them off to get an alignment.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So probably a topic that is hotly contested but would this just not move the burden of the load to more expensive and difficult to fix pieces?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have the JKS sleeves but haven't put them on yet. I think it's a pretty minimal addition that will beef up the tie rods a bit without being overkill and put your other steering components at risk.

Are there any special tools needed to install them? My plan was to do it myself and then take it to Ford to have it serviced and alignment done.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the JKS sleeves but haven't put them on yet. I think it's a pretty minimal addition that will beef up the tie rods a bit without being overkill and put your other steering components at risk.

Are there any special tools needed to install them? My plan was to do it myself and then take it to Ford to have it serviced and alignment done.
Blow steering rack, with JKS sleeves on 35s. If you can't afford $350 $50 bushings don't waste the money on an alignment.

Ford Bronco JKS STEERING SLEEVE OR THE BRONCO BUSTER SLEEVE??? 1683578748638

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Blow steering rack, with JKS sleeves on 35s. If you can't afford $350 $50 bushings don't waste the money on an alignment.

Ford Bronco JKS STEERING SLEEVE OR THE BRONCO BUSTER SLEEVE??? 1683578748638
Sorry but I don’t understand your comment. Can you explain? Also, I’m in a stock Big Bend with 33” tires. Would not use these if I was running bigger/heavier wheels and tires.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but I don’t understand your comment. Can you explain? Also, I’m in a stock Big Bend with 33” tires. Would not use these if I was running bigger/heavier wheels and tires.
What @Snacktime is trying to say is you need to spend $50 on the Rough Country bushings first. Those braces may prevent the inner tie rods from breaking, but they do so at the expense of the steering rack. The bushings are needed in the steering rack regardless, so get those on ASAP.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think he means that with the JKS sleeves, the force is transmitted to the steering rack that he blew.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Darrell

Darrell

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking about doing the same thing and now that I read these remarks will be adding the bushings.
Thanks everyone

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks all, I’m happy to get the bushings too. Haven’t done anything yet but would rather not do it at all than wrong.
Sponsored