Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Whatā€™s going to happen to the gas stations over the next fifty years? They all going bankrupt?
Not at all ..plug-in electric is already dead and idiotic ..nobody has that kinda of time to wait and charge unless you are rich or retired, and there are not enough coal and gas fired electric power plants to fill the need at 15% of plug in electric vehicles in the USA, much less 100%. In addition, "platforms" is not something any free spirited driver wants.

But Europe, Japan and Australia (none of which are awash in fossil fuels for electric power plants, much less want to deal with nuclear) are all moving in a heavy way towards hydrogen fuel cell technology. It's as fast as pumping gasoline, all those countries can make their own hydrogen fuel plants, and the need for the rare earth elements for future batteries won't be necessary, much less where to dispose of the dead batteries avoiding an environmental disaster.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/E...ega-banks-join-body-to-fund-hydrogen-projects
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you imagine waiting to charge in a blizzard? Meanwhile the snow piles up and then you get stuck, and that's if the power hasn't gone out. At least with gas fuel, the gas stations have generators that kick in to run the pumps.

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just purchased a new F-Pace last week for my wife. I guess thatā€™ll be my last Jaguar. Itā€™s a fantastic package with its supercharged v6 and ZF 8 speed transmission. The luxury and technology in it has me second guessing my Bronco purchase. The price is about the same.

The UK isnā€™t allowing vehicles powered by fossil fuels starting in 2030. I think in 10 years the automotive landscape will be very different and electric cars will be the norm. The people pushing this arenā€™t doing it for our benefit. They have their own agenda. The power grid canā€™t even handle the demands now. Weā€™ll all be paying to upgrade the grid for something most of us donā€™t even want.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Maserati Gran Turismo MC sounds awesome with its guttural tuned V8 and I love to rev it up next to a Tesla. I know every body is pushing electric but I'm just not sure everybody jumping on that bandwagon is the answer. I like the Bronco is running off gas even if it might by the end of the road for ICE.
No offense but I don't think that Tesla owner cares about the sound of your vehicle. I know a few Tesla owners and what they care about in a vehicle is certainly NOT how it sounds. In fact you don't even know the Tesla is on if relying on sound so they added fake sounds for safety reasons lol

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No joke! We are blessed to still have power at my house though my sister (as the crow flies) lives less than 2 miles away from me in the same neighborhood hasn't had it since yesterday at 8PM.

I will never say that EVs aren't the wave of the future, but we have to have a major break through in our infrastructure to make it a reality.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I sure am glad that my natural gas (WOOOOO!!!!) 20kw generator is providing my house with power for my lights and natural gas fueled furnace during this ice storm power outage. I would be freezing and scared of the dark if I relied on wind and/or solar.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally i focus my energy on trash reduction,
So your an OG environmentalist? Your giving virtue signalers all over this country a bad name! Next theyā€™re going to have to actually do something physical to help the environment instead of just posting a Beijing Times article on Facebook on the dangers of climate change.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This got environmental pretty quick so I will add that if anyone doesnt agree the humans are screwing up the planet pretty damn quickly, then they just dont have faith in the american can do attitude. Mother nature hasnt even begun to see our power. Personally i focus my energy on trash reduction, but i do still tune my carbs a lil rich.
No one is trying to make it environmental, just trying to figure how to get the heat on for four million Texans while our wind chill is below zero. Our Wind generators, frozen, gas delivery pipelines to some power plants, frozen, those that have natural gas don't have enough.

We are fortunate, we are on 1 hour rolling blackouts, some neighborhoods have had no power for 12 plus hours, like my niece with two babies.

We don't need an environmental solution just some good old 120 AC, quotes for a generator is now on my list.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
No one is trying to make it environmental, just trying to figure how to get the heat on for four million Texans while our wind chill is below zero. Our Wind generators, frozen, gas delivery pipelines to some power plants, frozen, those that have natural gas don't have enough.

We are fortunate, we are on 1 hour rolling blackouts, some neighborhoods have had no power for 12 plus hours, like my niece with two babies.

We don't need an environmental solution just some good old 120 AC.
Iā€™ve never seen a train have trouble delivering coal in -15F weather. Just saying.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This got environmental pretty quick so I will add that if anyone doesnt agree the humans are screwing up the planet pretty damn quickly, then they just dont have faith in the american can do attitude. Mother nature hasnt even begun to see our power. Personally i focus my energy on trash reduction, but i do still tune my carbs a lil rich.
You also reduce the amount of wasted plastic wrapping and cotton by ā€œfree fallingā€.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We don't need an environmental solution just some good old 120 AC, quotes for a generator is now on my list.
Silly southerners, pipelines are supposed to be buried.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seeing how the Windmills and Solar panels froze and failed in Texas, do we really want a "Green Future"?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
we have to have a major break through in our infrastructure to make it a reality.
that'll happen for sure...but let's be honest about How it will be funded. It'll be the largest 'redistribution' exercise since the "Great Society"....because everyone knows the 'less fortunate' (read: half the population) ain't gonna pay for it.
Sponsored