Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably not. Look I am just looking for solid information rather than having to piece together information about the Bronco. Don't try to tell me that is not true. As far as crotchety - asking for clear facts from the manufacturer is how business decisions are done. Hopefully, when Ford is spec'ing out materials for the Bronco or the other cars they make, they are not buying the materials based off on a you tubers opinion, or a marketing firm's limited knowledge or a forum's guess as to which steel is stronger for their rollbars. I would hope they have true facts to make decisions from. I wish we had the same. I am sure every day the facts become clearer, but having to piece it all together was not what a lot of people signed up for.
Maybe I am not easily confused but after reading the Ford website specs and information about the Bronco it was an easy decision to go forward with the vehicle after cross refencing and driving a Wrangler and 4Runner. Not really sure why your panties are so bunched and why you have a hard time with the information given to you like it is any less than any other vehicle.

The only thing that stumps me at this point is trivial shit that doesn't really matter and the aftermarket will have solutions for in the near future.
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, you seem to know everything. Day two reservation and they can't even tell me if i am getting it in 2021 or 2022. That's pretty sad.
You think you're the only one in that camp? Entitled much?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
it is all about him and himself only. Boggles my mind that he still wants a Bronco and when he gets he will def look hard to criticize it. Nothing we can say or do will change it

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not entitled, and just speaking truth. Truth hurts, i know. Then come the whiner and entitlement monickers.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m just waiting to see how it plays out. Since I am not getting g a 2021 the desire to get a bronco isn’t as great. I mean what difference is there now between a 2022, 23 or 24.
If it is delayed much longer into 2022, iam faced with needing a new set of wheels.
maybe Ford never realized that if they wait to long to give the customer er what they wanted, that the customer just go down the street and buys a different vehicle.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just waiting to see how it plays out. Since I am not getting g a 2021 the desire to get a bronco isn’t as great. I mean what difference is there now between a 2022, 23 or 24.
If it is delayed much longer into 2022, iam faced with needing a new set of wheels.
maybe Ford never realized that if they wait to long to give the customer er what they wanted, that the customer just goes down the street and buys a different vehicle.
Ford has stated numerous times that they were overwhelmed with the amount of reservations and interest associated with the Bronco. I can't name a similar vehicle that has created as much hype and anticipation as the return of the Bronco. 120k orders, Ford sold Just over 100k Rangers in 2020 so consider that.

As far as customers walking away from a Bronco, 1/3 of reservations seemed to already do that but once these things start hitting the roads I see them selling no less than a 3to1 ratio new buyers vs canceled original buyers. Also any canceled converted order will still hit the dealer lot and be sold to someone that walks in off the street.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Webasto debacle and the very real possibility of it being this time next year before I get my Bronco is killing it for me. My dad thinks I'm an idiot for waiting so long for a vehicle. "I wouldn't even wait a damn year and a half for a C8". he told me a couple days ago.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me the hype has hit a wall. Now, I'm still very excited to get it, but any long lasting anticipation will wear on you. I'm sure when I get a delivery date it will come back...

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This seems to be the one thing that people don't understand. This shit, that's happening now, is unprecedented. Never in the modern age has such a wide spread pandemic level virus taken out literally millions of people and caused so much chaos. Nobody could have predicted the seemingly random ways it has affected the economy. Ford is not magic, they can't just conjure up parts out of thin air. Yes they used poor judgment with regards to their timing of this release. But they are dealing with the issues however they can, just like each and every one of us. Although, I agree they could be more communicative. Still it's not just Ford you have no choice but to be patient with, it's the entire human race.

People are all out of sorts no doubt, but even if you personally weren't affected, or you believe its all a hoax, the rest of us living in the real world were, and have seen firsthand that it's not. And yes, some of US work at places like Ford, to provide something we should all consider ourselves slightly more fortunate to have the opportunity, and still have the luxury and/or financial ability to afford, during a global pandemic.

TL;DR;
Fucking be patient, because a) you have no choice, and because b) that's it, you literally have zero fucking choice in the matter. Hurry up and wait.
I’m still here waiting, and there is a choice.....be patient, as you say or find something else. I’m cross shopping, because I don’t have a build date yet and need a backup plan, but I’m no longer hanging onto every tidbit of Bronco news because it’s too unreliable and inconsistent.

I think the issues you addressed above are correct and because of the buzz and demand for the Bronco, those issues have been magnified.

I try to have a more measured (it is what it is) approach to the waiting process, but I can’t help but reflect on the multitude of actions Ford has taken that directly contributed to some of the delays, confusion, and a general lack of trust from the customer base that were not a product of the pandemic, or labor/manufacturing related; priority orders, dealer allocations, VIP orders, no 2dr or WT soft top option (and inexplicably placing a 2dr soft top outside MAP), bull bar blocking bronco, winch blocking ACC and cameras, failing to vet Webasto and placing all their eggs in one basket without a backup plan.....I mean, they did launch in the middle of a pandemic so labor issues should not have come as a surprise, etc, etc.,.

But, unlike Ford’s Bronco team, I have a backup plan and I really, really hope I don’t have to implement it and allow my 6:10MT, day 1, #1 allocation to fall in the hands of my dealer, who has done nothing for me during this process. But if the issues are too great, and my bronco dream doesn’t happen this year, perhaps it’s a blessing in disguise because I am very enthusiastic about the Bronco Warthog/Raptor.....hang in there my Bronco Buddies.

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A large part of the problem is that many people allowed themselves to become too emotionally vested in this one vehicle. The good, bad, this has really bothered people more than it should.

The Bronco is a very cool vehicle, and it looks to be a fun one also. All that said, it is just a vehicle. Period. it is not a bridge to happiness. Ford is not responsible for your hurt feelings or anger.

Too many people have hyped this vehicle to an unreasonable level, good and bad. Even a perfect roll out would leave many people disappointed.
Exactly! If you're looking for happiness buy a jet ski
Ford Bronco Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall? 1622559087341

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one is making anyone wait. If you think Ford screwed you then go buy a jeep or a Toyota. Just cancel your reservation so that those are willing to wait can move up in line and not have to read these redundant selfish post about me me me and that Ford screwed me.
By now everyone should know nobody will move up in line...the dealer will take that build and sell it off their lot...no bonus for anyone except the dealer

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By now everyone should know nobody will move up in line...the dealer will take that build and sell it off their lot...no bonus for anyone except the dealer
More likely the next person in line at that dealer will get bumped up the list.
Sponsored