Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

While I don't owe anyone an explanation, I don't mind engaging in the conversation.

Why? Well, why not? If this last year has taught me anything, it's to enjoy all of life's experiences. Buying an electric car is just as new of an experience for me as an off-roader...so similar, but different.

What other new experiences am I doing? Got a State Parks parking pass to enjoy the outdoors more, bought a 40# weight vest last fall so that I could train and do the memorial Murph workout this past weekend with it on and there are going to be others I haven't thought of yet. Maybe I'll do more with the Bronco than I could imagine right now.

With an electric car? Drive clean, promote the environment, still go to state parks knowing I'm not damaging it.

Also, what percentage of 4Runner or Wrangler owners actually take them off-road?
News Flash:

Bronco's damage State Parks šŸ˜²
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be patient, young Grasshopper

Last month is still April to me, I forgot todays already June.

It wasn't too long ago some of us still stuck here in thr North East were wearing long sleeves and Jackets. Next thing you know, summers dying like Grandma and your cruising topless/doorless in your Bronco

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
News Flash:

Bronco's damage State Parks šŸ˜²
It's cool, I thought of that.

Ford Bronco Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall? vs

Revenue Sharing: As a revenue-sharing plate, after the sale of the first 1,000 qualifying plates, $15.00 of the $25.00 fee is transferred to the Department of Conservation and Recreation and is used to support its operation and programs in Virginia. A portion of your fee may be tax deductible.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't realize there was a requirement for people to use their personal vehicle in a specific way. I better start knocking on doors making sure Wrangler owners are going off-road and pickup truck drivers are hauling things! Minivan drivers better have kids to haul, anyone with a sports car better be heading to the track, and don't get me started on those Tesla people! If they're not, I'll make sure to ask them what the point is.

I'll make sure to report back with updates.
I look forward to the results of this.
Well, I'm back home. Many people asked me who I was, several used unkind words in asking me to leave their property, a few suggested I fornicate with myself (If only, amiright?), and almost all suggested I mind my own business. it's almost as if people can do whatever they wish with whatever vehicle they have!

;)

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™m excited as I got my build date and VIN last week for mid July. For people who havenā€™t gotten anything yet, all of Fordā€™s MAP closures have now passed, they are skipping their summer break in July and production will only be ramping up from here. Plus with myself and many other folks switching to the soft top, for people who are keeping the MIC top then that will only benefit you with more availability for those tops. Your day is coming šŸ‘

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'm back home. Many people asked me who I was, several used unkind words in asking me to leave their property, a few suggested I fornicate with myself (If only, amiright?), and almost all suggested I mind my own business. it's almost as if people can do whatever they wish with whatever vehicle they have!

;)
We might still be able to be friends with that Tim and Eric reference ;)

giphy.gif

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Renewed my hype by switching to soft top. It may not bring me my Bronco any sooner, but the anticipation is still there now...

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm starting to lose the hype, especially with that last email it just really deflated my hopes. It reads to me like "You're unlikely to even get a Bronco this year" I'm only a week after launch, and it's that dire?
I mean even Day 1 folks are SOL.

I really do want this vehicle, but I can't say I haven't cross shopped a Tremor or Mustang

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I donā€™t mind the wait. It is very frustrating to get the run around over and over though. Donā€™t tell people they are going to get an estimate on build date then not deliver. Some things are not in Fords control, others are. This most recent fiasco with the email is a perfect example. They set an expectation then fall flat. The interiors on the preproduction models looked amazing the finished product again falls flat. No BYOD bar anymore. Interior materials look cheap in comparison to what we saw at launch. Will I wait it out? Yes, but not forever. Started looking at the gladiator and wrangler again. If they canā€™t even get communication right how am I to trust a year one model to not have issues. How am I to trust Ford will address those issues in a timely manner. Iā€™m still bought in but at this point I just donā€™t believe anything I hear from Ford. The dealer had been pretty disappointing as well. Completely unacceptable that I know more than they do based on what Iā€™ve read.
Sponsored