Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, what IS the Tremor?

didn’t the old Ranger come in a Tremor trim and it was just an audio package? Or am I delusional?

then what’s the new tremor package?
Ford Bronco Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall? CB8EB608-6154-45C3-ADF3-2F3BEF1500AD
Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, no way it’s over! Just getting started still🥳. But this start seems like infinity 😂 I’m seriously hoping I get it in August and will have the top off most of the time. Gonna have to be careful with the bears and no garage. Hate to see a big guy in the morning waiting in passenger seat for a ride.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fun fact…

That's pretty cool, it explains balls out but......
Gonna challenge Leno on this one.
Balls to the wall is an aviation term.
Throttle, mixture and prop speed are on levers with a ball on the end. And when they are pushed to the firewall you are running wide open, hence balls to the wall.

Redrooster33

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These Ford issues have now started to outweigh all the excitement I had for my new Bronco. Now just feels like a pipe dream. 🙃

Dude, I agree! I call this bronco6g the disappointment site. It’s just a reminder that you can’t have something g you really want. And there are the people who still get excited over the dumbest things like, “oh look, the owners manual is out”. Who really gives two shits??? It really amazes me...

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These Ford issues have now started to outweigh all the excitement I had for my new Bronco. Now just feels like a pipe dream. 🙃
I don't look at the blog as much and I hate the fricking email day. I ordered on day two which apparently set me back to "when hell freezes over" date. My attitude has gone down due to living close to a beach that I won't be going to this Summer with my Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went to the local Ford dealer. Those guys are as dumb as rocks. Anyone here knows more. They said no Bronco this year,,, chips. Never herd of roof problem. No sports on lots. WE slowly grind to a stop,,, we can do better. LOL

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's pretty cool, it explains balls out but......
Gonna challenge Leno on this one.
Balls to the wall is an aviation term.
Throttle, mixture and prop speed are on levers with a ball on the end. And when they are pushed to the firewall you are running wide open, hence balls to the wall.
I do believe the steam engine came before the aeroplane. The history of "balls out" can be traced to the steam engine, as Jay's video shows.

"Balls to the wall" more likley has its orgins in World War 2 when the bomber pilots were trying to get away from the German fighters or anti-aircraft flak in the European skies. An interesting read is about the 2nd Air Force flying out of Italy headed towards the ball bearing factors or the oil fields of Ploesti.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Raid_on_Schweinfurt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schweinfurt–Regensburg_mission

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tidal_Wave

(I think we partially agree.)

Ford Bronco Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall? 5da5767c34f65d311f8a15513e34b9a4

Last edited:

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do believe the steam engine came before the aeroplane. The history of "balls out" can be traced to the steam engine, as Jay's video shows.

"Balls to the wall" more likley has its orgins in World War 2 when the bomber pilots were trying to get away from the German fighters or anti-aircraft flak in the European skies. An interesting read is about the 2nd Air Force flying out of Italy headed towards the ball bearing factors or the oil fields of Ploesti.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schweinfurt–Regensburg_mission

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tidal_Wave

(I think we partially agree.)

Ford Bronco Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall? 5da5767c34f65d311f8a15513e34b9a4
Ford Bronco Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall? Screenshot_20210605-080917

Yes, the balls out explanation is cool, thanks J! I did not challenge that point

On a completely different subject.
Balls to the wall is a simple way for a pilot to remember his throttle quadrant. Still used by pilots today.
In aviation a bearing is a heading or direction and has nothing to do with a ball. No correlation whatsoever.
I just chimed in because I love aviation and figures of speech.
Just my opinion
Maybe after we settle this we can determine who invented the cheeseburger
😁

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Screenshot_20210605-080917.png

Yes, the balls out explanation is cool, thanks J! I did not challenge that point

On a completely different subject.
Balls to the wall is a simple way for a pilot to remember his throttle quadrant. Still used by pilots today.
In aviation a bearing is a heading or direction and has nothing to do with a ball. No correlation whatsoever.
I just chimed in because I love aviation and figures of speech.
Just my opinion
Maybe after we settle this we can determine who invented the cheeseburger
😁
I love aviation history as well and completely understand bearing and heading. However, my example had nothing to do with directions, the "bearing" I was referring to was "ball bearing", as in some of the heroic B-17 Flying Fortresses missions of WW2.
The American bombers conducted a strategic bombing raid on ball bearing factories to reduce production of these vital parts for all manner of war machines.

Of the 291 B-17 Flying Fortresses sent on the mission, 60 were lost outright, another 17 damaged so heavily that they had to be scrapped and another 121 had varying degrees of battle damage. Outright losses represented over 26 percent of the attacking force. Losses in aircrew were equally heavy, with 650 men lost of 2,900, 22 percent of the bomber crews.

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I told my dealer to kick the can down the road and officially move my order to '22.

I have, for the moment, decided to focus my attention back to my 2019 Raptor.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've hit a wall a bit for sure.

Not loving the rear interior design of the bronco (tailgate, interior dimensions, non removeable seat, ledge, etc)

The interior is average, not bad, but not great.

The ecoboost is just not very exciting to me, especially after the mpg release (again not bad but not great). I don't trust the longevity of ecoboosts and the mpgs aren't worth the tradeoffs. I would much prefer a naturally aspirated engine even if it was a bit less peppy and even if we lost a mpg or two. On the flip side, and with the tax incentives and high gas prices I also would be much more intrigued by a Bronco with a hybrid like a jeep 4xE or F150 powerboost or possibly even an all electric.

I just feel with the small fuel capacity if the broncos along with real world mpgs the range isn't going to be good. Probably not all that much better than a full electric in some cases and gas prices are only going to go up under this administration.

I was a second or third year buyer anyway, but now I'm likely waiting for either a different engine option ora hybrid/electric and hopefully an interior refresh/rear interior redesign, or even better a full size bronco with a V8 or powerboost.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided