Sponsored

Just picked up a 2D - what should I do with it?

What do I do with this bronco?

• Total voters

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had an old, early reservation and order for a 2 door sitting out there at granger for a long time. Wasn’t really expecting to see it come on and then ford decided to dump a bunch of orders on them, so now I have it. 2-door, badlands, sas. 3 years ago I had a lot of thoughts, ideas and plans for what would be but now everything is different.

At this pointy off roading is now, generally, beyond what I’d use a brand new vehicle for. It’s likely to get body damage and the fragility of the bronco IFS and steering rack is generally not something I’m interested in worrying about. I just don’t do much rec wheeling that you can use a shiny weekend warrior.

I think the only way I put the requisite money into the steering would be if I built an ultra4 racer out of it.

I don’t really need a daily, I have a super duty and a little fuel economy car.

so what do I do with it?

49CC08D0-10CD-400B-AA88-CEFDF3162C4A.jpeg
Just slap a HOSS 3.0 steering rack in it and call it done.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've put 14,000 miles on my 2dr in seven months. It's been everywhere. Beach, dunes, mountain snow, mud, desert... No damage! I'm trying to keep the mileage on it, down. There's a Lexus LX 470 in my driveway that basically is a grocery store parking lot car, that's not helping me keep the miles down. The Bronco is just too enjoyable to spend time with...
Those are rookie numbers.... I have put 75,000 miles on my 2 door; 50k in the first year alone. I picked up a 2nd Bronco so I can keep the mileage down on the first one.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get rid of the little fuel economy car and daily the Bronco. Fuel savings might only be like $1k a year depending on how much you drive. I will gladly pay $1k a year to not drive a little fuel economy car.

OP
OP

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Get rid of the little fuel economy car and daily the Bronco. Fuel savings might only be like $1k a year depending on how much you drive. I will gladly pay $1k a year to not drive a little fuel economy car.
Driving a battery car and powering it off solar allows me to do a lot more with other cars. The bronco isn’t any better a daily driver and costs a lot more than that to run annually.

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How about sending all the people who have been waiting for 2 years a picture of it sitting in your garage doing nothing while telling them "it's worth the wait! Stay pumped"

OP
OP

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How about sending all the people who have been waiting for 2 years a picture of it sitting in your garage doing nothing while telling them "it's worth the wait! Stay pumped"
For as good as it is on road compared to anything you’d cross shop, it’s a comfortable wheeler. If you like doing 6’s and down, or don’t care about body damage, stay pumped.

6189B597-59EC-47F5-9AEF-786D5641F31F.jpeg

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrap it in hot pink and use it to make Bud Light runs.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Try to get as close to this as possible:
Ford Bronco Just picked up a 2D - what should I do with it? 1688570119836

wigglysqiggly

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
go to ebay and buy cup holder inserts. Best Investment for these. Tired of my drinks moving all around

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like your Ford Premium Care Extended warranty will expire about same time as your factory warranty

:LOL:
Actually, the high mileage ends next month... finally done putting down 1k miles plus per week.

OP
OP

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Install Leveling Kit - get rid of ugly eff'd-up factory rake

Install IAG V1 EZ-Steps

Install Hood Struts
So when I load all my gear in the back I can have the saggy wet diaper look like all the old Toyotas? No thanks

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Adding doors is an obvious solution that you seem to be avoiding so here are some other options:
Partner with Robert Downey Jr to convert to an EV Bronco.
Diesel conversion idea is cool. On that note, gut all of the electronics, and build a diesel, 5.0 coyote, hellcat, or LS1 Bronco and post on the internet for serious points.
Add additional weatherstripping to make water-tight, and sell tickets doing Bronco/Titanic tours.
Set on fire and run it in Gambler 500 or 24 hours of Lemons
Fill it with ducks (real or plastic) to hand out to other Broncos

Out of curiosity, if you are thinking of converting it to an Ultra 4 racer, what cares do you have about banging up the body panels or the steering rack? Wouldn't you be gutting/replacing anyway?

Also, I guess if you were going to do a Diesel Bros style raffle you could sell mystery packs that contain trading cards of different Bronco6g member profiles.