Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company ,
I received the latest email from Ford…
Here is / was my response

I did not order some exotic custom made vehicle.
I spec’d out a Bronco that you, Ford Motor Company, publicly offered. I have compromised significantly from how I originally spec’d a Bronco to be built… all because Ford is unable to deliver on what they originally offered.
I have been a life long Ford Motor Company customer and have purchased many new Ford vehicles.
I have driving age family.
I paid $100 (twice) to reserve the right to order two Broncos back when reservations opened back in July and August of 2020.
If Ford is unable to provide what they originally offered (and have continued to offer) then I will take my (and my family’s) business to an Automobile company that can deliver what they offer.
I have no desire to pay significant money for a production vehicle that is not configured/equipped to my liking. Once again I configured my orders based on what Ford advertised.
I did not spec or request a single special/custom feature that was not publicly offered by Ford.
The competence level of the world seems to have drastically declined in recent years and Ford seems to be leading the pack in this dubious category.
Maybe consider changing to the approach/principle of “Under Promise and Over Deliver “ … it likely will do a better job of building Brand Loyalty than your current business model

991871E5-67CB-48F0-A721-5D0D49DAC50F.jpeg
$100 is a ridiculously small amount to put down and expect any sort of priority. I put down $3k for a new Defender and they held it for 5 years. I was first on the list and had a First Edition 90 (much more limited than a Bronco First edition). Then they bumped all 90s another year. I cancelled my order and got a Bronco as the 90 was a turd. Oh ya, I have had my Bronco exactly as I wanted it since Sept 2021 as I was not late to the game.
Sponsored

Treich

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who else isn't getting any of these emails? The only emails I've ever got are the order confirmation email.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This attitude from Ford is what pisses me off the most.

You aren't waiting cause they can't build your order, you are waiting cause they decided not to build your order in any reasonable manner.

Oops! we used up all the constrained parts of your build on people who placed orders well after you! Should've changed your early res to something you didn't want to begin with. Better luck next year! Enjoy the price increase!
You are waiting b/c they cannot source the necessary parts to build your specific Bronco within the allocations at your dealership of choice. If a build is the same as yours, from the same dealership, then take that up with your dealership. Ford allocated so many Broncos to each dealership. They will have been building based off your either reservation or order date as long as your build falls within the needed commodities and allocations at said dealership!

The supply chain shortage is a real thing, you could argue that Ford should of had a backup plan, but that is a different argument. Your anger is based on the idea that Ford is relishing in the fact that they cannot produce every Bronco the way they were ordered and are out to punish the most loyal customers that have waited 2+ years already. It is the opposite. They would love to produce every single order the way you originally wanted it. The thing is if you choose to change nothing, they will fulfill what they said they would do. But will not be in your time frame you deem acceptable. Quite honestly, not in the time frame Ford deems acceptable, hence the price protections they are offering.

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are waiting b/c they cannot source the necessary parts to build your specific Bronco within the allocations at your dealership of choice. If a build is the same as yours, from the same dealership, then take that up with your dealership. Ford allocated so many Broncos to each dealership. They will have been building based off your either reservation or order date as long as your build falls within the needed commodities and allocations at said dealership!

The supply chain shortage is a real thing, you could argue that Ford should of had a backup plan, but that is a different argument. Your anger is based on the idea that Ford is relishing in the fact that they cannot produce every Bronco the way they were ordered and are out to punish the most loyal customers that have waited 2+ years already. It is the opposite. They would love to produce every single order the way you originally wanted it. The thing is if you choose to change nothing, they will fulfill what they said they would do. But will not be in your time frame you deem acceptable. Quite honestly, not in the time frame Ford deems acceptable, hence the price protections they are offering.

Allocations does make sense for evening out distribution. But after the 1st year of waiting, Ford's giving the middle finger to those who've already waited the longest.

You've given good info in this thread already, but I will say that on this topic all I see is BS BS & more BS.

Don't do a reservation if you're not going to stand by it. PERIOD.

My anger is from the fact that FORD SAID THEY'D DELIVER BASED ON THE TIME STAMP OF WHEN THE RESERVATION WAS PLACED. allocations came after the fact. So just more BS.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for sharing this information. It is important that we are well informed, whether we agree or not, it brings clarity and truth into the discussion.

Sponsored

Taino67

Wildtrak
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEVEY
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also received same mail, I am choosing no action because I don’t think I will be satisfied with what I get after making the changes. And it’s an expensive purchase (for me).

What other alternatives do I have, if I get a refund then I will have to wait for order banks to open and put in a new order. And who knows if they would have these items like hard-top and lux in the offerings.

At least with my order still in the system I have some hope (however small) that if the constraints gets resolved then I might get the bronco I wanted.

Does anybody else here in the forum shares this opinion?
Yup me too...I'm all in taking my chances.

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for sharing this information. It is important that we are well informed, whether we agree or not, it brings clarity and truth into the discussion.
Naw dude, week 1 reservation holders are still waiting... Maybe he can explain that away for you with all that clarity & truth you're enjoying.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocations does make sense for evening out distribution. But after the 1st year of waiting, Ford's giving the middle finger to those who've already waited the longest.

You've given good info in this thread already, but I will say that on this topic all I see is BS BS & more BS.

Don't do a reservation if you're not going to stand by it. PERIOD.

My anger is from the fact that FORD SAID THEY'D DELIVER BASED ON THE TIME STAMP OF WHEN THE RESERVATION WAS PLACED. allocations came after the fact. So just more BS.
I will agree with the fact that the idea of allocations was brought to light afterwards, at least to the public. Dealerships were aware that there would be an allocation, we were just unaware of how they were going to figure it. Every vehicle a dealership receives is based on allocation. Thinking, that Ford would change what they do for every other vehicle ordering, on a new model launch is crazy. Ford no doubt over promised but they (FORD)are still delivering Broncos. They will continue to do so. Launching this in the height of a global pandemic certainly did not help the situation but here we are.

I do not want to get into an argument with you, as your pissed, and I get it. Nothing I can say will change that. All I will say is good luck and hopefully you get your Bronco the way you want it soon.
I will continue to provide any and all information I can to help everyone as much as I can.

gkellys

Black Diamond
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Jk, 2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With all the quasi ligit excuses, Ford should have honored all reservations/ orders with PP, even if it takes 5 years to deliver. Supply chain issues or not. Let the customer decide when to cancel. Just stop taking orders and catch up. That would be the upstanding business thing to do. No pass here. Poor business integrity.

Sponsored

supermeesho

Wildtrak
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are y'all receiving these emails directly from Ford? I received one email at the end of January directly from my dealer regarding the incentives to update current orders. I'm just curious why some emails are coming from Ford and other's from the dealers. Any explanation would be helpful.

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Who else isn't getting any of these emails? The only emails I've ever got are the order confirmation email.
Haven’t got a single email outside of order confirmation. Dealer checked that my email is correct.

jnstrthr

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also received same mail, I am choosing no action because I don’t think I will be satisfied with what I get after making the changes. And it’s an expensive purchase (for me).

What other alternatives do I have, if I get a refund then I will have to wait for order banks to open and put in a new order. And who knows if they would have these items like hard-top and lux in the offerings.

At least with my order still in the system I have some hope (however small) that if the constraints gets resolved then I might get the bronco I wanted.

Does anybody else here in the forum shares this opinion?
I chose to take no action for the same reasons. All or nothing on those constraints. I specifically chose to include those on my build. If the hard top, sasquatch, or Lux were not important I would have left them off the build. I chose to roll the dice.
Two weeks after making the decision to do nothing I received an email from Ford telling me that I was scheduled for production. I have a build date scheduled for the end of March.

Hold Fast!

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't really chalk it up to supply chain if they're being honest. More like really crappy procurement practices.
Main constraints:
Hard top = Supplier issue
Sasquatch pkg - specific wheel, specific tire = supplier issue
LUX pkg - microchip issues = global issue.

There is definitely an argument to be had about a plan B with suppliers and not putting all your eggs into 1 basket so to speak on some of the constrained commodities. But there is truth to the supply chain shortage...to some degree

75% of SAS pkg will be selected this MY
70%+ Hard tops will be selected.

Just like here in the dealership, communication would go a long way! If Ford would communicate with their dealers better, we could in turn communicate with the customers better. But you have relatively poor communication with dealers then you have poor or no communication from your dealer, it just compounds the massive number of customers pissed. Going to a public forum for information, should not be the best option.

Ford needs about 1 out of 4 customers to make a change. Its not a stretch to believe that not everyone needs upgrade sound system, or adaptive cruise control. Or not every customer needs a hard top.

If you are dead set on what you have ordered then talk to your dealership to see where you are based on what they are forecasted to be able to schedule. If you fall within the numbers hold fast. If you don't and you would like to take advantage of PP then make a change.

I promise you a 333A BL with the 2.7 is not a bad option!

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very well said...this is the information we need and it is much appreciated coming from someone with direct knowledge. We do not need to be making uneducated guesses. Thank you for your service to the community. You sound like you either own or work at an upstanding Ford dealership.
Sponsored