First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like these, but definitely need to see some up close pics to see the color and texture better, as well as a full-on profile shot. I'm afraid they will fling rocks really bad though with how narrow they are compared to the SAS flares, so I may just have to stick with my SAS flares.
They might fling rocks, but they’re not going to hit your vehicle. Any flair will protect your paint equally, but others behind you might be a risk. The only thing that will protect your vehicle completely is a set of mudflaps that literally drag the ground and that would look ridiculous.
Sponsored

Manx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had the KBD flares painted and installed on my Bronco. I love them, but I did get a spider web crack in the paint on one, (apparently caused by a rock being thrown from a tire into the underside) and think it might be a good idea to add undercoating or bed-liner to the underside for extra protection. Yes, I know I have too much tire poke and am working on correcting that (stay tuned for phase 2 wheels), but I still thought I'd share this to maybe save someone from having this issue.

Ford Bronco KBD fender flares 038A9312

Last edited:

bigsluggg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to thank this thread, because of the info in here I bought, painted, installed the trim lock from amazon and put these bad boys on. Not probably adding anything new but for people wondering. Painting in LA cost me $600 and they had problems with the prep and had to paint twice, don't think they really read the instructions I gave them from KBD. You really do need to do the trim lock or something on rear tires to hide the plastic liner it looks bad. On the 4 door the adhesive only trim piece that goes on the back door doesn't have the greatest fit but all and all really damn happy. I never got after market parts painted and at first I thought the color was off but after comparing in different lighting I think its pretty damn close, also a learning process for me that its impossible to really color match different materials even when its a stock color (or so I'm told). But yeah thanks again everyone that posted their experience in here.

Ford Bronco KBD fender flares IMG_3461
Ford Bronco KBD fender flares IMG_3481

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wanted to thank this thread, because of the info in here I bought, painted, installed the trim lock from amazon and put these bad boys on. Not probably adding anything new but for people wondering. Painting in LA cost me $600 and they had problems with the prep and had to paint twice, don't think they really read the instructions I gave them from KBD. You really do need to do the trim lock or something on rear tires to hide the plastic liner it looks bad. On the 4 door the adhesive only trim piece that goes on the back door doesn't have the greatest fit but all and all really damn happy. I never got after market parts painted and at first I thought the color was off but after comparing in different lighting I think its pretty damn close, also a learning process for me that its impossible to really color match different materials even when its a stock color (or so I'm told). But yeah thanks again everyone that posted their experience in here.

Trim lock? I haven’t read all 18 pages. I’ve had a set of these for a month, just haven’t had time to install yet.

Sponsored

bigsluggg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wanted to thank this thread,.....

its impossible to really color match different materials even when its a stock color (or so I'm told). But yeah thanks again everyone that posted their experience in here.

Looks great!
And yeah when you're dealin with matching OEM paint with heavy metal flake it's a crap-shoot.
Sponsored