Sponsored

Labelle (Florida) Ford is demanding a $32,000 markup to my 2 door base - With Sasquatch - UPDATE - Will Not Negotiate.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP stated they are trying to charge him $67k for his Base.
my bad on the math, apologies. So your FE was under $60 then? Still appears to be below MSRP, you not including tax and such? Great buy even if you were at $60!
I'm just bitter sitting waiting for mine to show up, pay no attention to me. ;)
Sponsored

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Left an appropriate google review for your dealer. Hope this helps and they make it right.

BandofEskimoBrothers

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did this guy have a written order agreement? I haven't seen anything is the first 4 pages. I also don't seem to see OP replying much.

At this point, rival dealers are going to start coming here to weaponize a group of people that are hungry to post bad reviews, just to take don't the dealership across town.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would leave them a bad google review but the actual ones from their customers are already bad enough.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoJo911

JoJo911

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 911 S, 2022 Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey JoJo, I've got this review loaded up in my chamber, you tell me when I can flick off the safety.

"Screwing people out of their ordered units who've waited well over a year for them, by putting some made-up B.S. price on their car once it arrives. Shame on you.
ADM's are ridiculous even on in-stock units, but these people's Bronco's wouldnt even be showing up had they not ordered them with you. Go ahead. Screw over a brand-loyal, VERY patient customer, and sell his beloved Bronco to the next rich impatient scumbag who walks in there, willing to whip out daddy's wallet and pay whatever you crayon'd on the window. Go ahead, make a 30-pound deal on that guy instead. Your reasonable customer will be somewhere else driving a new Wrangler instead. What you'll find will be a very low customer retention rate, and your dealership, sales & service will become a revolving door of shitty customers who are pissed off at you for everything because you suck and do bad business.

There are plenty of dealers around the country who honor MSRP on personally ordered units.

By the way, I've included some of what your agreement with your manufacturer says

*...Because it is the dealer who deals directly with, and develops the sale of
COMPANY PRODUCTS to the consuming public, the Company substantially relies on
its dealers to provide successful sales and merchandising programs, competent
service operations and effective owner relations programs. To do this, dealers
must carry out their responsibilities of establishing and maintaining adequate
wholesale and retail finance plans, new and used vehicle sales programs, parts
and service sales programs, personnel training and supportive capitalization and
working capital.
Thanks for your effort. I am in communication with Ford corporate so I will wait to hear back before we take it to Defcon 3! My Bronco has not actually arrived at the dealer yet (as of yesterday).

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do agree that many were naive. I'm not so sure the dealers in question actually said they were going to charge MSRP. In most of these cases, there seems to be an assumption on the part of the buyer that they would pay MSRP. I find that a confounding prospect. While the car market is crazy right now, it was a bit more normal when we were all doing reservations and initial orders. There were countless discussions on this forum about ensuring dealers were not charging above MSRP and many of us pursued deals at well under MSRP. Many, however, seemed to place orders without ever discussing what the price would be. I don't understand that line of thinking especially when making a $30-$60,000 purchase.
If you have been an active member of this forum prior to the orders being placed starting in January, then definitely it's a shame on you situation as it has been discussed quite a bit about agreeing to a price I'm writing. If not, I don't put blame on the buyer in the least.

I'd be willing to state without hesitation that only a tiny FRACTION of members on here have ever paid above MSRP. In my years of new car buying, I've never paid MSRP. It may have only been a few hundred under, but never have paid MSRP. Add to the fact that Ford put out the MSRP lock message, that many took to mean they would not be charged above MSRP. It's a shitty situation and a shame the dealer mafia has so much power over consumers when it comes to shenanigans like this.

On one hand the logical move is to walk away, but on the other hand, we've been waiting for a long time and you hate to walk away and also give the dealer your car to make a shit ton of money on. As much as I love my Bronco, just remember, it's just a vehicle, and since it's a Ford, I'm sorry, no way it's worth more than MSRP. In two or three years the value will be considerably less than the MSRP + ADM someone pays.

OP
OP
JoJo911

JoJo911

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm becoming more baffled by posts such as these. Why would one place an order for a vehicle with a dealer if there were not an agreement on what the price would be?
I placed an order with the dealer in Jan 2021. I was forwarded a build sheet with my options and the MSRP and asked to approve the build. I was told that they couldn't sign a contract until a VIN was generated. And also don't blame the victim here. I am not a lawyer and Ford should not start a customized build for a customer without having a signed contract. These dealers are trying to cash in on the hope that customers will pay up because they waited so long. I'm not panicking.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed an order with the dealer in Jan 2021. I was forwarded a build sheet with my options and the MSRP and asked to approve the build. I was told that they couldn't sign a contract until a VIN was generated. And also don't blame the victim here. I am not a lawyer and Ford should not start a customized build for a customer without having a signed contract. These dealers are trying to cash in on the hope that customers will pay up because they waited so long. I'm not panicking.

Thank you, that's helpful. That's the tack I would take then. Forwarding that document back to them and stating that the MSRP is what the document said and that is what you should pay. They only have that Bronco because you ordered it. It was not something they could have ordered without your reservation.

I do think buyers should be more careful though. This was a discussion item for months, and I know there were dealers in my area that were advertising to order the Bronco with them because they would not charge mark up. Also, there are always other fees involved that one should understand like a document fee (which is nonsense but a way to get a few extra bucks for the dealer). And some dealers are notorious for doing add-ons (well, we put nitrogen in the tires!!). We all need to take care when we are ordering these vehicles to ensure we have an agreement before we order.

Good luck. It seems like Levine has been willing to intervene in these situations. I would definitely provide the documentation you reference. I hope you are able to resolve this soon.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JoJo911 can you confirm that when you contacted the dealership about this, they clearly understood that you were the one who customized, reserved, and ordered this Bronco through their dealership?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoJo911

JoJo911

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@JoJo911 can you confirm that when you contacted the dealership about this, they clearly understood that you were the one who customized, reserved, and ordered this Bronco through their dealership?
Yes, I have an email from the dealer when they sent me the build sheet and asked me to approve it. I replied and said "this is how I want to build my Bronco". Then the order was placed.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I have an email from the dealer when they sent me the build sheet and asked me to approve it. I replied and said "this is how I want to build my Bronco". Then the order was placed.
I mean when you contacted them recently about the ADM. They understood who you were?

lr48

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1200
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After waiting 18 months after my $100 deposit in July of 2020, I am expecting my 2 door base with auto and Sasquatch to arrive at my dealer any day now. And as I always feared, the management at Labelle Ford, who kept putting me off to sign an actual deal sheet, wants to charge a premium. However, I never thought they would ask for an 80% premium! ($30k and a $37.5K MSRP). These cowards didn't even contact me, I had to find it on their website! By the way, they used a stock photo of a non-Sasquatch 2 door! Talk about incompetent!

Has anyone on this Blog ordered from them? Besides contacting Ford cooperate (who told me they were "escalating my case"). Does anyone have any other advice? Buy the way, if I really was so desperate to buy a 2 door base Bronco there are plenty online for substantially lower. prices.

FYI- I CALLED THE DEALER AND THE GENERAL MANAGER CONFIRMED THE $30k PREMIUM. I HAVE AN EMAIL FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER STATING THAT I CAN BUY IT FOR $30k ABOVE MSRP.

Bronco Labelle Ford.JPG
Of course we're seeing this everywhere. Go talk to Mullinax Ford, I deal with the one in Apopka but they have multiple locations around Florida and they are MSRP

OP
OP
JoJo911

JoJo911

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean when you contacted them recently about the ADM. They understood who you were?
Yes, they also emailed me Monday with the offer to buy it for +$30k. They know I placed the original order. I also visited the dealer once when they got a bronco in to take a test drive.
Sponsored