Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
50th birthday? Get it. You'll be getting off cheap. (Bought a big Indian motorcycle and AMG Merc in my 50th year). It was financially painful. Those that have hit 50 understand and approve. Cheaper than a new wife, that is for damn sure!
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last note: The carbonized grey beauty ring on the Badlands optional rims looks a lot better than the shiny sliver beauty ring on the Sasquatch rims. So, the rim upgrade will match the Badlands carbonized grey grille much better. It's going to be a more cohesive package.
I agree to a certain extent but for about $125 you can get a Ford body shop to paint the squatch warm alloy rings with the real ford factory color carbonized grey - which I’m thinking I might do as I‘m leaning squatch and then paint the rings carb grey (to your point as that color looks better on Badlands).

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another question: with the higher travel will the BL 33” ride much lower than the SAS? I’m kind of excited about the wheel space you see in that CO BL two door. That looks super sexy and again, the BL 33” will be incredibly capable.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
what is this video you speak of...
The video is long with a lot of blah blah blah, but if you suffer through it you will probably desire having the custom Territory tires.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The video is long with a lot of blah blah blah, but if you suffer through it you will probably desire having the custom Territory tires.

Seems weird to me the two people interviewed here are both in marketing . . .

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't see the value for the squach on a Badlands. You can buy a very good set of 35"s for a grand less than the sasquatch package and have a set of BFG's to sell on CL. The BFB AT KO is a great tire so other than another inch or so in height there is little benefit at least on the Badlands.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't see the value for the squach on a Badlands. You can buy a very good set of 35"s for a grand less than the sasquatch package and have a set of BFG's to sell on CL. The BFB AT KO is a great tire so other than another inch or so in height there is little benefit at least on the Badlands.
This is what I keep telling myself.

Especially, and loudly, when I see a profile shot of a Squatched rig.

It just looks so good! It's going to be hard to pass up.

Last edited:

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you want a good visual of 33’s on the 4 door, the attached video shows how it looks. Not as awesome as Sasquatch, but still very balanced look.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The wheel upgrade is a must. They look much better than the stock with the carbonized ring.

Doing that 100%, and might also upgrade to the Bronco specific tire for more of a baby squatch appearance.
They look great sure, but the question on those optional non-Squatch Badlands wheels is: are they beadlock capable?
Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 9.01.19 AM

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would be careful on that assumption. I think a Raptor take off is much more advanced than a Squatch when comparing to what the buyer is replacing and what their other aftermarket options are. Rubicon take offs offer about the same amount of suspension lift as Squatch, and are worth very little because taller aftermarket 2" lifts are more attractive in the same budget range.

To me the big value in the Squatch suspension comes if you are buying Base - OB. The lockers and bigger front diff. In those cases, Squatching and then lifting later is a worthwhile consideration. On the Badlands, I would wait and put the $2500 into the lift later.

Sponsored

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To Squatch or not to Squatch...that is not the question (for me). I'm dead set on the 33's with the optional wheel (that grey beauty ring is dope). I'm still going back and forth between the stock BFG AT and the optional Goodyear MT.

My truck will be on the road far more than it will be off-road. But, I appreciate style points as much as I do functionality. I'd rather get the MTs because they look better. But, I don't want to regret making that choice every day while driving on the road.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in the same boat on this potential decision. I am getting the four door and I believe the 35s look distinctly better on that vs the 2 door. Question: If I get the SASQ and eventually want to transiton to 33s instead, is that an easy thing to do?

accord77

Big Bend
First Name
joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 acura tlx awd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wow did not know raptor with 450hp has the same sasquatch size tire as bronco. so I believe 285/70/17 33 is plenty large enough to look good :cool: