Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it is clear that Badlands has about 1.57" more travel than Sasquatch which I like. Squatching a Badlands will give you less articulation.
Are you trying to say that Badlands has 1.5" more lift than other Non-sasquatched models ? The Badlands does have more lift but add Squatch to that and you get even more lift and longer shocks . The less articulation is only a 10mm spacer to account for the 35" tires . That's the width of my pinky finger so not a big deal .

Personally I will add Squatch to get the wider wheels as the stance looks better from front/rear with squatch also IMO . If the optional beadlock wheels are the same width as the squatch wheels then I would possibly go with 33's to save a few bucks but I think they are the same as a regular wheel in that regard .
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a 2dr Orange one with grey top and those wheels last week, that combo looks awesome in person. I'm leaning towards it also. I just need to see if I can find an Area 51 to look at upclose this week to help my final decision along.
You're lucky. I would love to see it in person. I started months ago with Cyber Orange, then started thinking about Cactus Grey. When all the Area 51 pics and videos came out, I wanted that for a while. Now, I've come full circle back to C.O., but A51 is still in my head. I wish I could see them both at the same time. Both colors will be iconic. I owned a couple Defender 90s when they first came out. I had fallen in love with the yellow at the auto show, then bought mine. When they started going up in value, the yellow ones were worth a lot more than the others. I'm hoping the ax C.O. after the 2021 MY to keep the color rare.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you trying to say that Badlands has 1.5" more lift than other Non-sasquatched models ? The Badlands does have more lift but add Squatch to that and you get even more lift and longer shocks . The less articulation is only a 10mm spacer to account for the 35" tires . That's the width of my pinky finger so not a big deal .

Personally I will add Squatch to get the wider wheels as the stance looks better from front/rear with squatch also IMO . If the optional beadlock wheels are the same width as the squatch wheels then I would possibly go with 33's to save a few bucks but I think they are the same as a regular wheel in that regard .
Badlands rims (both) are 8" and Sasquatch are 8.5". I wasn't talking about lift. Badlands suspension travel is about 4cm greater than all other trims, Sasquatch included. Even with Sasquatch lift, there isn't enough room to allow for Badlands travel. Ford has not been forthcoming with actual specs on any of this. Badlands 33s will articulate quite a bit more than Sasquatch and the difference will be closer to 4cm, not 1cm as you said.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Leaning Wildtrak if I can find a way to live with that interior ... if not I could go BL but would still want the SAS for looks if nothing else ... and the hope that I can mix and match my Raptor tires / wheels also!

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're lucky. I would love to see it in person. I started months ago with Cyber Orange, then started thinking about Cactus Grey. When all the Area 51 pics and videos came out, I wanted that for a while. Now, I've come full circle back to C.O., but A51 is still in my head. I wish I could see them both at the same time. Both colors will be iconic. I owned a couple Defender 90s when they first came out. I had fallen in love with the yellow at the auto show, then bought mine. When they started going up in value, the yellow ones were worth a lot more than the others. I'm hoping the ax C.O. after the 2021 MY to keep the color rare.
Not lucky, more like torture. Even though they are at the grounds its frowned upon to go near other people projects. Up until last week I have only seen the black camo mules. I did get to sit in and check out a 4dr Badlands mule recently. It let me compare front seating space to my Raptor. Not as roomy but still very comfortable and able to reach pretty much everything without having to lean forward like the Raptor. The mgv seats are very comfortable and will not disappoint. Ford did a great job on this product and I can't wait to get some more seat time.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like many of you, I have gone back and forth the last few months In regards 33” or 35” on the Badlands.

It really comes down to what you individually like and I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOOKING UP TO ANY OTHER 35” Broncos. Lol

This is my 50th B-DAY present to myself and I can care less about MPG. I want a higher ride and higher clearance!!

Can’t wait!!! BE READY FOR ANYTHING!!!

What do you guys thinks? Upgrade or not????
Might help might not.. all comes down to personal preference. What your plans are in the future with your bronco. In my opinion both stellar looking rides!

Got a non SAS and a SAS.
For me I'm going NON SAS.
Here's why. I know I'm going aftermarket wheels eventually. No need pay twice. I'm trying stay somewhat money conscious. Haha.
Next things 33s can get me where I'm going then some. Humming steel belts on the asphalt or driven around some river bottoms..Also 33s you can always go up. 33AT---33MT---35AT---35MT and so on!

Screenshot_20201114-143658.png

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Might help might not.. all comes down to personal preference. What your plans are in the future with your bronco. In my opinion both stellar looking rides!

Got a non SAS and a SAS.
Here's why. I know I'm going aftermarket wheels eventually. No need pay twice. I'm trying stay somewhat money conscious. Haha.
Next things 33s can get me where I'm going then some. Humming steel belts on the asphalt or driven around some river bottoms..Also 33s you can always go up. 33AT---33MT---35AT---35MT and so on!

Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Screenshot_20201114-143658
first time seeing that white badlands. Now I changed my mind again and have to go Sasquatch!

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

first time seeing that white badlands. Now I changed my mind again and have to go Sasquatch!
Underground pic. Birdie hooked me up. This is my ride only I'll have the other wheels and tires. I love the white! Trail pinstripes got nothing on white! ?

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Got a non SAS and a SAS.

Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? Screenshot_20201114-143658
Cool comparison shot. Thanks!
Man I would so love to see the Squatch wheels without that ring just once. Bet that white one would look EVEN better.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cool comparison shot. Thanks!
Man I would so love to see the Squatch wheels without that ring just once. Bet that white one would look EVEN better.
Agree! Also very welcome! White def pops.. like Mickey D's sprite! Crispy! ??

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rim upgrade is $995. The Goodyear Territory tire upgrade is $695. I was going to stick with stock tires, but recently decided to splurge after seeing a video on the tires. They're designed specifically for this vehicle, a new trend in the industry, and there's a lot of technology that went into them. The performance should be better than a tire picked off the rack. It also adds to the exclusivity and they look great. For me it's worth it. I want this vehicle to be exactly what I want.

Last note: The carbonized grey beauty ring on the Badlands optional rims looks a lot better than the shiny sliver beauty ring on the Sasquatch rims. So, the rim upgrade will match the Badlands carbonized grey grille much better. It's going to be a more cohesive package.
what is this video you speak of...

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to go bigger I would stick with the 33 “stock” badlands.
Then in about a year get a 2 inch lift and you can fit 37’s.
This is my debate!!! Save the money and put towards lift and 37's? Go Sasq and just use 35's with an inch or two lift later? Just not sure what the aftermarket will come up with. Questions, questions.
Sponsored