Sponsored

LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please refer to page 2 of the attached Ford spec sheet under WHEELS!

Optional Badlands wheels ARE beadlock capable.
Sponsored

Attachments

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree - the wheels/tires in the photo above total approx. $1600. Squatch is another $800 over that. And other than 2" larger tires, and bumpstops, we don't know what we're paying for with that $800. It's not all tires, obviously.

Hopefully Ford can share a bit more info.
Don't forget about the 4.7 gears in the auto. I believe those come with the Sasquatch package as well if I'm not mistaken. But I would hope that would be less than $800 or whatever.

So yea I sort of agree, there has to be more value in the SAS package, otherwise, it just does not really make too much sense to me.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget about the 4.7 gears in the auto. I believe those come with the Sasquatch package as well if I'm not mistaken. But I would hope that would be less than $800 or whatever.

So yea I sort of agree, there has to be more value in the SAS package, otherwise, it just does not really make too much sense to me.
But, at least right now, the 4.7 comes with the manual, and is a no cost option for the auto. But that maybe another build and price error.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not a contradiction. Badlands has 4cm more suspension travel than Sasquatch. This is something I want if I'm going fast off-road in Baja mode. It's going to make for a more comfortable ride all around. Wildtrak is being sold as the off-road desert runner, but Ford knows the suspension is not up to the task with those 35s and no room to move around. This is why they are developing the Warthog which will have a beefier suspension, longer arms, springs, etc. The Warthog will have the travel that big tires need and folks won't have to go aftermarket.

Badlands is the top of the line Bronco today and is engineered to work on 33s. Wildtrak is not the top, but merely Sasquatch with a bunch of options Ford wants to sell you. They developed Sasquatch to satisfy the desire so many have for large tires. They did this without the extra engineering and cost necessary to give those tires the full articulation they need. 95% of people won't care because they'll never push their Squatch vehicles to the limit and they'll be happy they can afford the big tire package from the factory.

I'll consider the Warhog because it will have the power necessary to get big tires moving. It will have gobs of suspension travel that will eat up terrain that would make your teeth shatter in a Sasquatch. It will be engineered specifically for big tires. It will be ridiculous, expensive and more than anyone needs, but it won't be compromised as I feel Sasquatch is.

Sponsored

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But, at least right now, the 4.7 comes with the manual, and is a no cost option for the auto. But that maybe another build and price error.
Just curious. Why do you even think it might be a pricing error? 4.7 is just a different drive ratio. It's not like you're getting extra hardware or something that has higher cost to the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Truth be told, there is only a tiny chance I'll ever get a Warthog, but 99% change I'll get a Badlands w/33s. :)

JimmyD

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4/2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco LAST CALL: Badlands 33” vs. 35” (Pros & Cons) Worth the upgrade to 35” tires? 030.JPG

These tires on my 2018 JL are 315x70x17 (same as Squach) look huge.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep us posted! If the concept is as well designed as the Bronco, I may throw practicality to the wind and get one. It would be cool if reservation buyers got first availability on Warthogs.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my B&P Badlands build you can get the optional 33" wheels with either the A/T or M/T tire
I'll see if I can dig it up but I think this might be an error. Unless you can only get the 33" MT tires with the optional rims, I saw somewhere it said one was required if the other was selected.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll see if I can dig it up but I think this might be an error. Unless you can only get the 33" MT tires with the optional rims, I saw somewhere it said one was required if the other was selected.
I hope not, would love to get those upgraded wheels and keep the KO2’s, but let us know if you find something.
Sponsored