Sponsored

Last Call: Manual vs. Auto.. Why? (HELP!!)

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video is also great if you are not scared of physics. lol
Sponsored

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 100% set: Badlands -High-Carbonized Gray-33” Optional Rims with MT and ..........leaning towards 2.7 auto (Not sure yet)

I know most of the benefits / negatives. Most of my friends and family think I should get the Auto because I will get tired of the stick.
My first two cars were stick and I loved them both even though I had them for just a few years. I plan to have my Bronco for 10+ years and do not want to regret my decision down the line. This is my 50th B-Day present to myself and do not care about top speed or performance. I feel like to Manual is a lot more fun. I just wish that it came in 2.7 V6. That would make it an easy call for me. What to do..

What do you guys think? Still changing your mind? Or are you 100% one way or another?
Been driving a manual for 16 years. Me personally, its the only way for me to consider. It kills me i have to give up the V6 engine and it kills me i have to pay more than i want to and get the Badlands to have the mid package in a manual tranny, but again, the manual tranny is a must have.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going to 2.7 auto on the BB, just because Long Island traffic sucks. I had stick on a few cars in the past... always fun to drive, but unfortunately I have too much stop and go to deal with.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I REALLY want a manual. Have always had, and loved, them.

I still wish I could get the MT with Sasquatch. That's the only thing that has me hesitating. Getting the 33" tires instead of the 35" tires that come with the Sasquatch.

Anyone else feel the same?
Yes. I did prior. However, I am very happy with my Badlands option for 33”. I love the look and additional road benefits to the Optional rims / optional MT tires compared to the 35”. So much happier now. Good luck!

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I still wish I could get the MT with Sasquatch. That's the only thing that has me hesitating. Getting the 33" tires instead of the 35" tires that come with the Sasquatch.

You must be way behind in your research. You CAN get the MT with sasquatch. Its just a late 2021 delivery and you cant select it through B&P right now.
Watch "2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Package with the 7-Speed Manual Transmission" on YouTube

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Stick days are over, my knees made the decision for me 2.7 Auto?

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im sorry, did I miss something? Has Ford changed their position on a later delivery of A MT Sasquatch?

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You must be way behind in your research. You CAN get the MT with sasquatch. Its just a late 2021 delivery and you cant select it through B&P right now.
Watch "2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Package with the 7-Speed Manual Transmission" on YouTube
Milamdj -Yes, it’s late 2021/early 2022 for MT/Sasquatch. I have an early reservation and plan on getting mine as soon as I can. So, Badlands MT /no Sasquatch.

TNBronc4344 - Sorry for the confusion.

Am I missing something? If I have an early reservation, no MT/Sasquatch, right? I’d have to delay my order.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just read all 6 pages , best reasoning , in my opinion for you OP, is ...go manual now, while it is available ....if you change your mind in 2 or 3 years, you can bet the auto will still be around.
If on the other hand you love the manual rig you bought ....keep it!

I'm still really wrestling with the decision, I'd go BaseManSquatch if it were NOT late availability ....so I'm nursing my butt hurt with an loaded out (bumpers, switches, etc) 2drBase2.7Squatch right now ...and still right at $40k!!!!!!!

I really want my (15yo) daughter to cruise a manual though .... that is my internal struggle.
Her friends and idiot teen boys mostly won't be able to drive it .... HUGE BONUS!!!!!

Worst recollection of manuals ..... NO cup holders back in the day, trying to launch from multiple stop lights while holding the mug of morning coffee AND a cigarette , shift and drive all at the same time ...probably in the snow and ice too LOL!!!! ....and then the NEXTEL would chirp from the boss calling me.
I loved interrupting the conversations with "Hold on, I have to shift...."

God how I hated manual work trucks....

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this is kinda weird, but I’m not sure how much I would enjoy the small stick shift that is in the center console. I almost feel like I would rather have that long old-school stick shift from the floor LOL

I might be showing my age :)

The way it’s set up a kind of seems like it’ll just be a stick shift that should be in a car.

I would really like to drive one first
I am with you, a truck/suv needs a long to the floor stick. The small stick feels like a performance car thing

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've very rarely had a disappointing stick.

I've had several disappointing autos.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't worry about lack of power from the 4 cylinder. One of the most famous off road engines...the Jeep/AMC 4.0 straight 6 never had more than 190 horsepower 235 lb-ft of torque from the factory.

The Bronco 4 cylinder engine produces 42% more horsepower and 32% more torque than that engine

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 100% set: Badlands -High-Carbonized Gray-33” Optional Rims with MT and ..........leaning towards 2.7 auto (Not sure yet)

I know most of the benefits / negatives. Most of my friends and family think I should get the Auto because I will get tired of the stick.
My first two cars were stick and I loved them both even though I had them for just a few years. I plan to have my Bronco for 10+ years and do not want to regret my decision down the line. This is my 50th B-Day present to myself and do not care about top speed or performance. I feel like to Manual is a lot more fun. I just wish that it came in 2.7 V6. That would make it an easy call for me. What to do..

What do you guys think? Still changing your mind? Or are you 100% one way or another?
I think you answered your own question but need reassurance. You are not concerned about speed or the added power and you really like MTs! So go with the 2.3 eco and that 6+1 MT & you will be very satisified unless you drive in stop & go rush hour traffic (you left that part out), seriously, since you are going with the BL you have the great gearing and will be happy! I was debating also but i am going to be driving the freeway a good bit and very hilly terrain & also wanted the remote start and turn assist so Im going with the 2.7 & Auto but i still will miss the MT!!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just read all 6 pages , best reasoning , in my opinion for you OP, is ...go manual now, while it is available ....if you change your mind in 2 or 3 years, you can bet the auto will still be around.
If on the other hand you love the manual rig you bought ....keep it!

I'm still really wrestling with the decision, I'd go BaseManSquatch if it were NOT late availability ....so I'm nursing my butt hurt with an loaded out (bumpers, switches, etc) 2drBase2.7Squatch right now ...and still right at $40k!!!!!!!

I really want my (15yo) daughter to cruise a manual though .... that is my internal struggle.
Her friends and idiot teen boys mostly won't be able to drive it .... HUGE BONUS!!!!!

Worst recollection of manuals ..... NO cup holders back in the day, trying to launch from multiple stop lights while holding the mug of morning coffee AND a cigarette , shift and drive all at the same time ...probably in the snow and ice too LOL!!!! ....and then the NEXTEL would chirp from the boss calling me.
I loved interrupting the conversations with "Hold on, I have to shift...."

God how I hated manual work trucks....

I thought I was the only one up in here who did that stuff. Also, did you copy my build? Going to get the grill guard with the modular bumper (required) so there is no question as to who wins my next battle vs a deer...

I taught my 16 year old daughter on my F250 long throw 6 speed. she can now drive anything...
Sponsored