Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big Bend, my intentions are light (maybe maybe medium) off-roading, mainly to get to remote camping in MT, WY, CO, UT, AZ. I live in MN so getting through the snow will actually be fun.

Yes is my daily driver.
Fellow Minnesotan here. My Black Diamond is going to shred through the snow here. For me it will be a daily driver, with monthly trips to off road parks in the region and camping/overlanding trips out west with the kids!
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fellow Minnesotan here. My Black Diamond is going to shred through the snow here. For me it will be a daily driver, with monthly trips to off road parks in the region and camping/overlanding trips out west with the kids!
With winter right around the corner wish we had our new rides now. Gonna be a long winter.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2013 F150, 1979 Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting a 4-door manual Badlands.

It will start as my wife’s daily driver, family transport, and weekend warrior (camping, moderate trails, nothing too crazy). That’s why we need the 4-door.

In 5-10 years, well after it’s gotten the first scratch and dent, I’ll throw some monster truck tires on it and we will really have some fun (Moab, Rubicon, etc.). That’s why we need the Badlands.

In 15 years, after it is really banged up, our kids will learn to drive and parallel park in this behemoth. That’s why we need the manual.

honus01

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Daily/winter car. Hoping for an entry into some mild off roading. Gotta have something capable to get started. Light adventure vehicle

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Planning on 2 door OBX.

Daily driver plans for me. 4x4 should be nice to have when the snow gets heavy in winter. In all honesty I'm not planning on doing any heavy off roading, light to medium trails to go camping and explore, hence the OBX since it's still capable enough off road but is more creature comfort based. Might use it for a road trip to the southwest next summer with any luck, and hitting some off road spots while we're down there would be a good time!

Sponsored

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
98% pavement, 2% offroading. At least that is how it is with my subie. What I will be getting the Bronco for:
  1. Driving down forest roads with no more information than the MVUM saying vehicles are allowed (dispersed camping)
  2. Flying through the easy parts of offroad parks
  3. Getting sideways in soft sand
  4. Snowmobile
  5. (Eventually) completing mountain passes out here in CO
None of those will likely exceed even a third of the Bronco's capability (and can be done in the forester)

So why the bronco?

I started getting into offroading roughly 2 years ago. Inevitably I am going to do something stupid. Something that would break a lesser built vehicle or get me inextricably stuck. In that situation I expect the bronco to survive it and be able to get me out without having to call in a tow truck. So people can throw all the shade they want at me for never really pushing her, but it won't bother me. I'll leave the pushing it to all the airmchair offroaders who never make mistakes and guys who actually know what they are doing. At least until I have the requisite knowledge to where I know what lines to take, know how to properly get unstuck, and if I break something am comfortable trail fixing it.

Area51

Big Bend
First Name
Darnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just plan on doing whatever I want with the 43k vehicle that I purchased with my money.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all this discussion of trims, options, and prices, There's a lot of hamsters running around in peoples heads thinking about what they're going to go with. I see people asking questions about should I get (insert) trim with these options or this trim with these options. Now this is good, we're thinking about what we want to spend our hard earned money on, but lets take a minute and think about our needs and intended use of the Bronco.

Now I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but lets be honest with ourselves. How many of us are going to spend $50k-$60k on a totally optioned out off-road trim and go out to the trails to beat on it like it's a 30 year old Toyota? For a lot of people this will be their first off-road vehicle, and off-road has many different definitions depending on who you are. We all might have intentions of going to Rubicon or Moab to tackle the toughest trails, but in reality fire roads and mild dirt trails that sedans can get by on will probably be the extent for the average person. Now before you hardcore off-roaders flip tables, yes I'm aware there are some people out there that will push the limits, but they will most likely be a small majority.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying what they want, just trying to start a discussion about what YOUR intended use and needs are and how they align with the trim/options you have in mind.
I live close to Port Aransas, Texas and we can drive on our beaches. Not really any rocks or hills to climb in south Texas but I could do donuts in the cotton fields!

dangerdave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Expedition EL, Bronco (not soon enough)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will be replacing my F150 as a daily driver (work made us all virtual, will be virtual 90% of the time after covid (I hope there is an after covid)). Will also see beach duty, and some light trails and fire roads. Still buying the badlands lmao....

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I already talked myself out of the Sasquatch package. Zero need. Also have zero need for most of the upgraded offroad bits on the Badlands and Wildtrak. My first choice is the Black Diamond. But even that has more than I need for a light trail runner and beach buggy. But I really want the washout interior. So if they don't come around and offer washout on all models it will be either the Black Diamond and have a bit more than I need. Or the OBX or Big Bend and deal with not having the washout interior.

Sponsored

Mgarcia91

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This will be replacing my daily driver and my wife loves all the creature comforts of her daily driver (fully loaded 2020 crossover suv) so she wants somewhat of the same experience as a passenger in mine. Getting 4 door for sure, need the extra cargo space and doors for more passengers. Also plan on doing a lot of beach trips out here in California. Not interested in rock crawling. Must have options for me are 2.7 w/ auto, sasquatch, hard top. Also not wanting to spend more than $55k. Naturally, considering all this, Wildtrak with high package is the way to go

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all this discussion of trims, options, and prices, There's a lot of hamsters running around in peoples heads thinking about what they're going to go with. I see people asking questions about should I get (insert) trim with these options or this trim with these options. Now this is good, we're thinking about what we want to spend our hard earned money on, but lets take a minute and think about our needs and intended use of the Bronco.

Now I'm not trying to bash anyone here, but lets be honest with ourselves. How many of us are going to spend $50k-$60k on a totally optioned out off-road trim and go out to the trails to beat on it like it's a 30 year old Toyota? For a lot of people this will be their first off-road vehicle, and off-road has many different definitions depending on who you are. We all might have intentions of going to Rubicon or Moab to tackle the toughest trails, but in reality fire roads and mild dirt trails that sedans can get by on will probably be the extent for the average person. Now before you hardcore off-roaders flip tables, yes I'm aware there are some people out there that will push the limits, but they will most likely be a small majority.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying what they want, just trying to start a discussion about what YOUR intended use and needs are and how they align with the trim/options you have in mind.

Well I have, from the beginning, intended my Bronco to be the OFF road vehicle it is intended to be, Built Wild, used in the Wild. Forestry roads, old logging trails, Off-Road parks, rocks, mud, dirt. "Anything with DEATH in its name" :ROFLMAO: That said I will use for DD use when I don't feel like driving my F-150 or the wife's Exploder, but it's main purpose is to have FUN !! If that means it gets scratched, or dinged, or scraped then so be it. I'm having FUN !! ... in the Wild !!!!

I was ready to long arm my TJ when I caught wind of the Bronco thing back in Sept/ Oct '19, since then it has been about one thing for me and the Bronco. CAPABILITY !!! That's all I need, no frills, nothing fancy, Just the get me out of anything I can get myself into. To that end Ford has delivered by allowing the Squatch on the Base, albeit Auto only ...... no deal breaker here. After seeing the current crop of testing videos I feel quite good about what I've seen. Did I think I would have to drop almost 40K on it. NO, ....... but seeing how I was ready to drop 10-15K on a rig I bought for 20K, 23 years ago. it's not that far off. I just think Ford is being a little HIGH on the price of some things, but I must count on the people surveyed to give honest answers and not to get caught up in the hype and just say yes, TAKE MY MONEY. :ROFLMAO:

All in all you wanted honest so I tried to be as honest as possible about my intentions for my Bronco.

RIDE ON HORSEMEN !!!!

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will probably end up off roading mine a pretty decent amount. Nothing too crazy but I’ll definitely put the lockers to use.

Honestly 90% of wanting the Bronco is it looks amazing. I have always had faith in Ford’s design team (especially with Dave Pericak being behind all of this) and I knew Bronco would be no different. Ford absolutely blew away my expectations. I love “cool” cars whether that’s a Jeep, Bronco, or GT350. Bronco is one of the coolest cars I’ve ever seen, absolute head turner.

First Name
BBQGlazeSeabass
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll admit it, I will probably do NO rock crawling. Dirt roads and sand down on the coast will be the worst I deal with. I WILL get the Sasquatch Package primarily for the aesthetic and the off chance I MIGHT do serious off-roading at some point.
Sponsored