Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Howdy guys!

So recently, as I'm sure y'all may have noticed, this forum has turned a bit... sour. Lots of threads have turned into places for people to air grievances that things with the Bronco aren't EXACTLY how they wanted/pictured/dreamed. I get that, no vehicle is perfect, and it's ok to want something better. But there is now so much noise, and so many complaints that it's starting to get hard to focus on the items that are the most important. There could still be some minor changes put into effect in the coming months before the order books open and Job 1 begins. So we want to use that time to provide Ford with our top things to focus on for the 2021/2022 Bronco to give us as much of a chance of changing those things as possible. So that's what I'm creating this thread for; so we can be constructive and help Ford deliver what we want. Now, I don't want to overpromise and say that all of the things we vote on can be accomplished. But our best chance of changing things and having our input valued is to narrow it down, and offer solutions. So please, realizing that Ford is watching, let's hear some ideas on what can be done to improve the vehicle/launch process/ any other questions you may have. And let's make sure to thank the Bronco team, and things that they've done well and can expand on are needed as well! I think most of us are happy with at least 97% of the Bronco, it's obvious they've put a lot of work into it and the design is an absolute home run.

I will update the thread with a poll later on when I get some of our most repeated requests so we can vote on what's most important to us.

Updated; Here is the poll so far thanks to @North7
Ford Bronco Let's help Ford help us. 8157B358-29D3-4724-8C4B-69DC2678CC76

Edit: Just to address some of the already popular things:

1. White roof will be a late availability, 2022 model year. The black painted hardtop is also delayed, but it sounds like it will still be towards the end of the 2021 Model Year.

2. Rear console A/C vents are not going to be something that can be changed. Maybe with a mid-cycle refresh in a few years, but that is an extensive engineering challenge.

3. Interiors, the prototype show cars did not have a production interior. I do think that ford intends to have fancier interiors down the line (hence the prototypes and the Filson Bronco) but right now I think simplicity is key.

4. More "A la carte" options. This is definitely something we can provide feedback on, but packages are there for a reason and it vastly simplifies supply chains and how the trucks are produced. Ford is already doing a pretty good job of offering things like sasquatch A la carte, I wouldn't expect it or anything offered in the interior packages to be broken down much further.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wow nick with a face like your avatar i felt sure you would never post something this positive but i guess looks can be deceiving. alright, continue on.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that a neutral gray/black interior option on all trims would solve a lot of grievances. And it would appear that the majority of pieces necessary to make that happen already exist. Would just require sourcing bits from various trim levels to accomplish.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want the internet-promised items to be available, e.g. Man-Squatch.

Otherwise, I'm pretty stoked aside from orange stitching in a #FF0000 colored vehicle. ;)

Ford Bronco Let's help Ford help us. giphy - 2020-10-27T190028.574

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here are three:
  • White Top - White Painted Modular available regardless of body paint and independent of trim. White Top is fundamental to the Bronco heritage. They missed for initial builds. But they should be able to realize the demand and provide for late MY21 and MY22 builds.
  • Rear Console AC Vents - I don't think anyone wants the current mold trap blowing cold air on smelly feet. This is really low hanging fruit. Should be an easy fix.
  • Keyless Access - Get rid of the sticky Tootsie Roll on the side of the door. Looks terrible and is unreliable with the known battery issues. Ford already has the technology of hiding the keypad in the B Pillar. Do that.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that a neutral gray/black interior option on all trims would solve a lot of grievances. And it would appear that the majority of pieces necessary to make that happen already exist. Would just require sourcing bits from various trim levels to accomplish.
Agreed- maybe a straight forward dark and light interior option across all trims. For trying to start simple, it seems like they really tried to create many many different combinations of interiors across trims. Would be easier for them and would satisfy many to just pump out simple interiors.

I would add:
  1. A lighter interior for all trims (Badlands is all black and I live in a hot place)
  2. A green exterior option
  3. Additional accessories available with the 2.7L engine.

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • More official communication from Ford in general(not Bronco Nation or Mike or leaks or any of that)
  • Official list of "late availability" options/accessories
  • What exactly does "late availability" mean? If I choose a late item, when might I get my Bronco?
  • Which parts can be ordered post delivery and installed by the dealer?
  • More official (high quality/produced/from Ford) videos and images of actual production Broncos showing off ALL of the available colors and materials
  • Ability to save Build & Price builds to a logged in account
  • Build & Price bugs to be addressed quickly (or at least officially acknowledge them with an estimated fix release date)
  • More official explanation on why certain option combinations aren't allowed (are they B&P bugs or is there a legit reason and if it's legit, what is it?)
  • Updated 'Compare Trims' brochure or tool
  • It would be kinda cool to see who everyone is on the Bronco Team and what they do/did (an about page on Ford's website)
  • I'd love to see people from Ford talking on these forums
As far as personal options I'd like to see when I order:
  • Slide out tailgate
  • Fold down tailgate table
  • Picatinny rail
  • Roof rack on 4dr Wildtrak
  • Option to swap painted door handles and mirror caps on Wildtrak with non painted ones
  • Powered leather seats on Wildtrak
  • Black MIC top
  • Option to select any grille from any trim
  • Ability to order "late availability" options/accessories at time of order but separately from the Bronco. Like a "ship when available" option. That way we get our Broncos asap and still get late availability options & accessories asap. Maybe this way they could also still be included in MSRP financing.
  • Bronco car cover
  • Bronco windshield sun visor

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mid and manual on anything other than BL.

Also... Is that just a problem with B&P? There are a ton of oddities and unknowns and I think this thread may just get flooded with those as well.
I am not sure about mid package and manual transmission, definitely a good one to get clarification on. With the roof rack, it is not a glitch it is indeed the GVWR issue. Basically, Ford has to assume that you are maxing out your roof rack as heavy as possible by equipping the vehicle with one. This in turn becomes a problem with the sasquatch and ordering the roof rack from the factory for liability reasons.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1) MIC top that is black
2) MIC carbonized gray top with matching fender flares, etc
3) more interior options that were displayed on pre-production models like the white on CG and the saddle brown with the CO launch vehicle

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Posted in another thread. Also, posted on the other forum. Also, tweeted at Jim Farley and he “liked” it...

—— i would LOVEEEEEEE for Ford to do some sort of exclusivity badging / emblem like the f150 limited. I even created a logo (modeled after the attached Shelby logo)

28E55848-79FE-4371-B116-6775A9EEF1AD.jpeg

78A7E5F4-E2E1-4D71-BD81-87FD2FD1A616.jpg

D5CB0545-5C1E-46D1-ADBA-1A04FC9A1070.jpeg

8E134BDE-62CB-4561-AE8F-2CF7171DC68A.jpeg

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the Wash Out Floors AND power seats. Carpet floors are awful for a vehicle like this. But I also don’t really plan to take a hose to the entire interior. At the very least give me the option for power seats that wasn’t a $2,200 option because I have to go with leather to get it.

There should be an ”Interior Convenience Package” or something which comes with heated seats, heated steering wheel, and Power Seats.
Sponsored