Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interior shopping on B&P with my wife:

I show her the Badlands:
My wife: Why Orange Accents?
Me: I don't have a choice, I want the Lux package and a black/gray interior. That means I get the Badlands and it only has orange accents. Would you want Vinyl seats or Leather?
My wife: Let me see.
(they look the same)
My wife: "What's the difference?"
Me: $2200 and the leather has a leather texture.
Wife: Vinyl.. I still don't understand the orange.

I show her the Outer banks.
Wife: "OMG, not Blue or Tan. It's not even solid tan, why is the center of the dash black?"

I show her the Wildtrack.
"You don't like tan interiors (It's true, we both avoid tan interiors if we can)."
She looks a bit more as I increase the size of the photo and the camo detail is more visible.
"It's cool but it is still a hodgepodge of tans/browns/blacks. I don't like it."

I show her the Black Diamond because I like that interior.
Wife: "Oh that's nice, get that one."
ME "I want to, but I get stuck with the little screen in the dash, and several other features I want" In the end, i would save six grand, or about $100/month.

Wife: I don't understand.

Me: No one understands.

I had almost this exact same conservation with my wife. She actually liked the Badlands mustard yellow trim and stitching though. I don't know, she married me so she's naturally a little off.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was actually NOT trying to be selfish at all. I was trying to be a voice of reason. This is not an ala carte or custom build. I have ordered many vehicles and purchased off the lot too. I have never seen so many people so demanding of a manufacturer. I will be very happy with what I am ordering and customizing on my own at home too.
I actually think most of what youā€™re seeing is very common on the internet with a lot of cars tbh. All I meant about the selfish thing was youā€™re happy so you have something to gain without delays so youā€™re hoping they move to production soon and you get your Bronco. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that and it isnā€™t an insult.

I do agree though, you canā€™t make everyone happy.

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
stand alone options ( mainly from lux pkg.)
1) garage door opener
2) phone charger
3) USB connection up on dash...or all three (a,b,c) become the "power kit" pkg.
4) smart cruise control

a) define what is in the towing pkg....(trans cooler? HD battery, HD alt.)...or reduce the price!
b) neutral "silver/gray" accents in the interior "handles" and such
c) DIO color kit ( or customer install) color kit to replace the neutral accent kit above(b)
d) neutral stitching on the seats( silver/tan)...offer optional color stitching ( maybe 3 colors ( red, area51, Cyber Orange))
e) add a grab "strap" for us height challenged types...appx mid widow opening up on the "roll bar"
f) create a "heritage package" ( white Modular or MIC top, white Grill, white Flares)

for items c, d( options)&f...add lead time and $
Love the idea of a Heritage Package. That's what I would've expected the First Edition to be. I'm after a Badlands and would love it on that too.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I did not say that. But....there is sure a lot of bitching going on and if Ford addressed all of these issues....10 more will pop up within an hour. Some of you will never be satisfied and I have never seen so much complaining about a new model being offered. Me, I am excited about the Bronco and I realize I will not get everything I want.
Jim Farley may just disagree with you, please read his responses,
"Never stop pushing us and insisting for the right thing!"

Ford Bronco Let's help Ford help us. 9cd8d096-dc43-40bd-9fdd-a1dd3334655f-jpe

Ford Bronco Let's help Ford help us. 8b529705-aa3a-42d8-8ff7-c61ca252a689-jpe

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a chat option on the B&P tool. I got a mixed bag of answers, but two interesting bits:

1. Chat said B&P would not be final until mid-December.
2. Broncos would be on lots this spring (for sale - though I donā€™t believe that will be the case).

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Poll sucks

Left out grey MIC top.We want black and white
Please read the first post.

1. White roof will be a late availability, 2022 model year. The black painted hardtop is also delayed, but it sounds like it will still be towards the end of the 2021 Model Year.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then why do I get bumper, light, rock rails, winch, rear differential, etc. for options?
No clue. Iā€™d be happy that that stuff is available on the base and run with it.

Sharky

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No clue. Iā€™d be happy that that stuff is available on the base and run with it.
They asked for opinions so I offered up a couple thatā€™s all, I realize itā€™s a base and chose trim that because I donā€™t want all of the stuff in other trim models.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a chat option on the B&P tool. I got a mixed bag of answers, but two interesting bits:

1. Chat said B&P would not be final until mid-December.
2. Broncos would be on lots this spring (for sale - though I donā€™t believe that will be the case).
Remember that June is still spring. There will be order cancelations, so one way or another, some will be on dealer lots.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember that June is still spring. There will be order cancelations, so one way or another, some will be on dealer lots.
Fair point and Iā€™m sure that will happen. I think the talking point is ā€˜ready in Springā€™ and she just assumed that would include stock units like every other model.

Mostly, it was nice to see the effort by Ford. Maybe this indicates better communication is coming our way. The agent was very helpful, but is more for the thousands of people who havenā€™t been keeping up in forums like this.
Sponsored