RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reasons for wanting a Base have more to do with the value rather than the outright cost. The other build I am considering is around $20k more. I can still get all the good hardware on a two door Base (Sasquatch, 2.7) and be under $40k. All the other extras are cool, but not $20k cool IMO. It is also not going to be my only car. I am still undecided and even started a thread about it.
Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could it be some people just don't feel it's necessary to spend more than they need to?

Just because I can afford to spend $60k doesn't mean I should or have to. If a $30k vehicle is all I want or need than why not just get that?

Something about the tone of this bothers me. It's as if not showing your wealth means you some how have less class.

Oh he's got a base. Must mean he's poor or a high school kid and his parents bought it.

Or it means he just wants a top of fun vehicle that will allow him to go anywhere he needs too and doesn't care about impressing his neighbors.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could it be some people just don't feel it's necessary to spend more than they need to?

Just because I can afford to spend $60k doesn't mean I should or have to. If a $30k vehicle is all I want or need than why not just get that?

Something about the tone of this bothers me. It's as if not showing your wealth means you some how have less class.

Oh he's got a base. Must mean he's poor or a high school kid and his parents bought it.

Or it means he just wants a top of fun vehicle that will allow him to go anywhere he needs too and doesn't care about impressing his neighbors.
Get out of my head. ?
j/k

Seriously, though, this is pretty much what went thru my head when I saw the thread title last night after work.

I'm going to get the Peasant XLT with it's poverty lights (2.7, auto & sasquatch) and throw a bunch of Aftermarket parts on it. Unless Ford releases something in the B&P update that makes me change my mind (doubtful), this is the route I'm taking.

I just need to settle in a color by the time it's my turn to convert the reservation. I've been waffling between Antimatter Blue, Rapid Red and Velocity Blue since Thanksgiving. ?

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get out of my head. ?
j/k

Seriously, though, this is pretty much what went thru my head when I saw the thread title last night after work.

I'm going to get the Peasant XLT with it's poverty lights (2.7, auto & sasquatch) and throw a bunch of Aftermarket parts on it. Unless Ford releases something in the B&P update that makes me change my mind (doubtful), this is the route I'm taking.

I just need to settle in a color by the time it's my turn to convert the reservation. I've been waffling between Antimatter Blue, Rapid Red and Velocity Blue since Thanksgiving. ?
Poverty lights! Lol, spit out my coffee.

BronkoNagurski

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll be doing 4 door base sasquatch with the 2.7. That's a capable vehicle at a reasonable price. Came to the conclusion that some of the nice-to-haves like MGV seats just weren't quite worth the money (to me anyway) and I'd rather have the sasquatch and V6. Stays well within my budget as well which is nice.

I'm married, in my 30s, and plan on having kids in the near future. At the end of the day, you just gotta do what works for you.

Sponsored

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Me and those of us who just want a 4wd that we can take the top and doors off and gone wherever no real off-roading for me, but it is what I want, not wanting to spend money on stupid stuff that I don’t want or need, and I am not poor I make good money do $$$ is not a factor but it’s what we want to spend

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who doesn't plan to lift or put big beefy tires on my base. Include me, a 33yr old working two jobs planning to use this as a highway DD!

I haven't really built anything higher then a BB on the B&P. Yesterday I fudged around & built a BD & BL. I didn't realize it until then but I actually really like my 2dr, VB, steelie, base base & am really looking forward to long highway trips to Utah & the smokey mountains one day ?

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want a manual. I want removable doors and roof. I need 4wd and ground clearance. I don't want anything else.

I know mechanically the base has all the capabilities I need.

I don't want any of the extra creature comforts. Heated seats just make my ass sweat. I want the old school feel. Give me crank windows and God help me but the phrase "infotainment system" makes me throw up a little.

So umm yeah, old curmudgeons...

Sponsored

VelocityGator

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally wanted a BB 2 door because I wanted the mod top. Since that has become a debacle, I have stepped down to a base but am getting the 2.7 and a bikini top. I like the steelies. None of the options really matter to me. I live in Florida so I am mainly a beach crawler anyway and don’t need the squatch.

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want a manual. I want removable doors and roof. I need 4wd and ground clearance. I don't want anything else.

I know mechanically the base has all the capabilities I need.

I don't want any of the extra creature comforts. Heated seats just make my ass sweat. I want the old school feel. Give me crank windows and God help me but the phrase "infotainment system" makes me throw up a little.

So umm yeah, old curmudgeons...
Heck, you basically typed it all out for me. Much obliged. I like rowing gears and taking the top/door off. My favorite mod on my Jeep is an aftermarket stereo system I can crank to overcome road noise! (Edit: not touchscreen “infotainment”; a ridiculous looking 1992ish head unit and decent speakers.)

I think I’d be perfectly happy with a stick base and maybe a small lift + 33s for looks. (But if the Warthog ends up being available with a stick and big tires under factory warranty, my minimalist tendencies may get reconsidered, haha.)

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This. I love the OG Bronco, and the base gets me as close to the original as possible. A true SUV that can get you to work just as well as shoot down a fire road. I wish the top was a different color, but otherwise I love the base model for exactly what it is...a very well suited basic beast.

This is why I keep looking at base. I love this, for me, I think its cooler than big wheels and tires, but that's purely my own preference, not a better or worse things.

1607283170299.png

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife hates the idea of cloth seats. That makes Black Diamond my lowest tier. Then there’s heated seats. Then the huge screen. Next thing you know we’re $10K or some such higher than a capable base.

Sigh.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

See even Peasants have good rationalization for their buying decision. I do include myself in the Peasant group.....
Sponsored