Sponsored

Labelle (Florida) Ford is demanding a $32,000 markup to my 2 door base - With Sasquatch - UPDATE - Will Not Negotiate.

echance01

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1 star review posted. Hoping they make it right for you.
Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You place an order for something you want, and you don't know what the price will be until your dealer tells you. This puts all the leverage with the dealer to do whatever they want as seen in this thread.

This is not new. People have been ordering cars forever. I remember my dad ordering an Explorer in 1995. Clearly a different situation but also the same in many respects. He placed and order with an agreed upon price. 2 months later, he got his car.

Once someone had a Bronco reservation, how is it the dealer has all the leverage? One could have changed dealers if the dealer with whom he had the reservations was squirrelly.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not new. People have been ordering cars forever. I remember my dad ordering an Explorer in 1995. Clearly a different situation but also the same in many respects. He placed and order with an agreed upon price. 2 months later, he got his car.

Once someone had a Bronco reservation, how is it the dealer has all the leverage? One could have changed dealers if the dealer with whom he had the reservations was squirrelly.
The OP can't change dealers or this wouldnt be an issue. The dealer didnt let the OP know about the 30k markup until it had almost arrived at the dealership. Re-read the first post and you will see how the dealer handled the order.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the main problem is that for most people this was their first time ordering a vehicle. So when dealers said they would charge MSRP, and let you specifically pick out every little detail about your build. Then put down your deposit and be given your order number. A lot of people didn't know, or feel the need to have anything else. It was their Bronco.

No one expected the shitshow that was going to happen. Then months later dealers didn't want to put anything in writing so you wouldn't cancel.

I do agree that many were naive. I'm not so sure the dealers in question actually said they were going to charge MSRP. In most of these cases, there seems to be an assumption on the part of the buyer that they would pay MSRP. I find that a confounding prospect. While the car market is crazy right now, it was a bit more normal when we were all doing reservations and initial orders. There were countless discussions on this forum about ensuring dealers were not charging above MSRP and many of us pursued deals at well under MSRP. Many, however, seemed to place orders without ever discussing what the price would be. I don't understand that line of thinking especially when making a $30-$60,000 purchase.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The OP can't change dealers or this wouldnt be an issue. The dealer didnt let the OP know about the 30k markup until it had almost arrived at the dealership. Re-read the first post and you will see how the dealer handled the order.
It's not just how the dealer handled the order. There are two parties involved in this deal, the seller and the buyer. It's how they both handled the order.

The reservation holder could have changed dealers before placing the order if they could not have come to terms at that time. I don't see any evidence any such agreement was made before the order was placed.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That really Sucks Craig but if you take my advice you'd probably being doing 20 to Life, hope it works out for you 🙏

jtim47Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my 28th new Ford replacing my 2015 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't mean to rub salt in the wounds of many of you out there getting screwed by crooked money hungry dealers. I just got an email from Ford with this picture of my 2022 Ford Bronco as it rolled of the assembly line January 6th.
Reservation date 7/14/2020, order date 10/8/2021 build date 1/6/2022. Delivery date expected 1/29/2022. 4 days after my 75th birthday.

MY NEW 2022 FORD BRONCO.jpg

Last edited:

Samsquantch

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
After waiting 18 months after my $100 deposit in July of 2020, I am expecting my 2 door base with auto and Sasquatch to arrive at my dealer any day now. And as I always feared, the management at Labelle Ford, who kept putting me off to sign an actual deal sheet, wants to charge a premium. However, I never thought they would ask for an 80% premium! ($30k and a $37.5K MSRP). These cowards didn't even contact me, I had to find it on their website! By the way, they used a stock photo of a non-Sasquatch 2 door! Talk about incompetent!

Has anyone on this Blog ordered from them? Besides contacting Ford cooperate (who told me they were "escalating my case"). Does anyone have any other advice? Buy the way, if I really was so desperate to buy a 2 door base Bronco there are plenty online for substantially lower. prices.

FYI- I CALLED THE DEALER AND THE GENERAL MANAGER CONFIRMED THE $30k PREMIUM. I HAVE AN EMAIL FROM THE GENERAL MANAGER STATING THAT I CAN BUY IT FOR $30k ABOVE MSRP.

Ford Bronco Labelle (Florida) Ford is demanding a $32,000 markup to my 2 door base - With Sasquatch - UPDATE - Will Not Negotiate. MY NEW 2022 FORD BRONCO
Hey JoJo, I've got this review loaded up in my chamber, you tell me when I can flick off the safety.

"Screwing people out of their ordered units who've waited well over a year for them, by putting some made-up B.S. price on their car once it arrives. Shame on you.
ADM's are ridiculous even on in-stock units, but these people's Bronco's wouldnt even be showing up had they not ordered them with you. Go ahead. Screw over a brand-loyal, VERY patient customer, and sell his beloved Bronco to the next rich impatient scumbag who walks in there, willing to whip out daddy's wallet and pay whatever you crayon'd on the window. Go ahead, make a 30-pound deal on that guy instead. Your reasonable customer will be somewhere else driving a new Wrangler instead. What you'll find will be a very low customer retention rate, and your dealership, sales & service will become a revolving door of shitty customers who are pissed off at you for everything because you suck and do bad business.

There are plenty of dealers around the country who honor MSRP on personally ordered units.

By the way, I've included some of what your agreement with your manufacturer says

*...Because it is the dealer who deals directly with, and develops the sale of
COMPANY PRODUCTS to the consuming public, the Company substantially relies on
its dealers to provide successful sales and merchandising programs, competent
service operations and effective owner relations programs. To do this, dealers
must carry out their responsibilities of establishing and maintaining adequate
wholesale and retail finance plans, new and used vehicle sales programs, parts
and service sales programs, personnel training and supportive capitalization and
working capital.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do agree that many were naive. I'm not so sure the dealers in question actually said they were going to charge MSRP. In most of these cases, there seems to be an assumption on the part of the buyer that they would pay MSRP. I find that a confounding prospect. While the car market is crazy right now, it was a bit more normal when we were all doing reservations and initial orders. There were countless discussions on this forum about ensuring dealers were not charging above MSRP and many of us pursued deals at well under MSRP. Many, however, seemed to place orders without ever discussing what the price would be. I don't understand that line of thinking especially when making a $30-$60,000 purchase.
Some people are just not cut out for buying a car. The key thing they should have been focused on (negotiating and unambiguously documenting what they will pay on delivery), somehow they skipped that crucial step. It bites some dealers have taken advantage of that situation.

Sponsored

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1 star Google and Yelp reviews left. Wish I could do more for you.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1 * left