Sponsored

Lux Charging Pad OVERHEATS PHONE FAILURE!!!...SHUTS DOWN CARPLAY... PHONE NOT OPERATIONAL...FORD IF YOUR LISTENING!!!!

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Where was I making excuses for Ford? I just said the wireless charging pad they used is weak and won't charge your phone when connected to AA/CP. That's not an excuse for Ford, just stating a fact so OP doesn't assume that pad is going to charge anything when connected. Also, you can disable the auto connect to AA/CP if you want, and set it to manual connection.
I thought you were suggesting that no wireless charging pad would charge while using CP/AA, excusing Ford's cheapo pad, because charging while using apps is an unreasonable expectation. I see now you're just pointing out that it's an unreasonable expectation for the Bronco charging pad.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I discovered that the reason the wireless charging in my Sierra doesn't overheat the phone is because it is cooled by the AC system.

Ford Bronco Lux Charging Pad OVERHEATS PHONE FAILURE!!!...SHUTS DOWN CARPLAY... PHONE NOT OPERATIONAL...FORD IF YOUR LISTENING!!!! Screenshot_20221015_204519
Now that makes sense. I know my phone went nuclear, after about an hour, the first time I used wireless android auto without a wireless charger which is why I mentioned earlier in the thread that it's not only the charger that's making phones hot.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco wireless charging is worthless because of the overheating issue. We have a wireless charger in an Audi and I have an aftermarket one(vent mount) that both work great. Hopefully Ford will find a solution but right now they have bigger fish to fry.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heck my phone gets warm just using Android auto. Gets extra warm when wireless charging. I suppose I could get one of those small fans with bendable legs and wrap it around the gear shifter so that air is blowing on the phone.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I remembered that my Samsung Z Flip 4 has a setting for wireless charging. I went and looked and by default it is set to Fast wireless charging. I turned that off and tried it. It did not get any hotter that I can tell than it does running just AA and not charging. And clearly not as hot as before.

It does run AA and charge at the same time but slowly. After about 25 minutes it had picked up 5%.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is total bullshit! This is a feature that needs to work. Sounds like it's more common than not. I'm gonna eat someone's ass alive if this happens day 1 when my bronco arrives. #KeyboardCowboyPosturing
Get ready to eat ass….if thats your thing then 👍🏼👍🏼

if not….get ready to eat ass.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get ready to eat ass….if thats your thing then 👍🏼👍🏼

if not….get ready to eat ass.
Nom nom nom - someone is getting their ass chewed by me!

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The only thing I do with the witless charge pad is use it as a cubby. Total garbage. Isn’t able to charge the phone while in use because of the slow charge rate. The semi vertical unit in my ST was better but only marginally. I just use a high amp 12 volt charge with a high capacity cord. That does the trick for my 13pro.
You're not supposed to use it as a cubby as mentioned in the manual. Stuff like keys, coins, anything metal. Does anyone know a way to deactivate the wireless charging so I can put stuff like keys , coins , etc in that space. I have a lux package 4 door wildtrak and there is no option to disable the wireless charging

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I remembered that my Samsung Z Flip 4 has a setting for wireless charging. I went and looked and by default it is set to Fast wireless charging. I turned that off and tried it. It did not get any hotter that I can tell than it does running just AA and not charging. And clearly not as hot as before.

It does run AA and charge at the same time but slowly. After about 25 minutes it had picked up 5%.

Update: I took a longer drive off about 90 minutes and my phone got cooked. Had a msg on the phone about overheating.

In that 90 minutes the charge was up 6%, I don't know when it stopped charging.

Even so, it was still running Android Auto.

Sponsored

lilfergy

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford C-Max energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My iPhone 14 pro max gets warm on the wireless charger I have at home and the one I have at work so it would only make scenes that it gets warm on the charger in my Bronco. I have used the wireless charger in my Wildtrak multiple times and it is a faster charger and yes my phone gets warm NOT HOT!

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got my Raptor with LUX Monday. Yesterday did an hour drive to Knoxville. iPhone 13 Pro Max got very hot, and picked up only 7% charge. Should not get this hot.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tested removing the rubber insert and helped slightly but still a fail.
Sponsored