First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I did, mostly, but it worked for me. I certainly see how reusing it wouldn't though and really saying to just reuse it isn't enough explanation on their part. Mabett needs to send new ones along IMO.
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered a set, I really hope I don’t have any issues 🤞🏼

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's pretty easy. When removing the 3 expansion screws just pry them out gently. May need to bend back metal tabs they sit on since prying on them may flex them. And then get two new expansion screws from an auto parts store. Super simple install otherwise. Oh and I found that turning the wheels gave me a much better view and access to the wheel well. FYI I did not do the rears. Good luck!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck! It's pretty simple to mount...I think I overthought things! I did watch a video from Stickerfab on mounting these mud flaps and he explained perfectly on how to remove the plastic fasteners, to gently turn the screw with no downward pressure and then the sleeve can be pulled out without an damage/issue!

Akagranola

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine fit with the factory rock rails on my badlands, but I do agree I am slightly worried about the plastic screw surviving winter/off road.

542775A7-9832-477E-9929-AE3DF91CB3A3.jpeg
Will the mabett fit non squatch badlands?

Sponsored
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably answered before but my non-squatch badlands has rock rails, will these still fit?

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question for those who have installed.
In the instructions it says to turn the three 'buckles' to remove the fender flare.
I have 5 'buckles'. Did anyone have trouble turning the one closest to the mud flap while reinstalling the fender flare?
Going to install tomorrow or tuesday and just wanted to see if anyone had trouble with that.
Thanks

edit: also just saw a video where the person did NOT remove the flares. Did anyone try that approach? Think I may just do that just to make it easier.

Last edited:

Gibbens

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR BL Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be VERY gentle and slow unscrewing the plastic screws on the retainer clips.. and hold the clip portion of the outside.

I also had to elongate the screw hole on the inside corner on my front passenger flap to not overly stress the plastic retainer. Not a big deal with a drill bit.

Finally keep everything moderately loose so you can maneuver all the screws into the proper positions before tightening it all down.

Would on super quick if it wasn’t for those damn plastic clip retainers. Took more time than anything else.

Sponsored

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine fit on my 4door Badlands Sasquatch. My only issue is their bolts rust easily.

Step

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Mabett these screws don’t seem to want to stay in place on the mud flaps. I believe they are the hardware that came from the factory, but I think they serve best to just tack the wheel well liner to the wheel well. I think once the bronco starts moving down the highway and the mud flap starts moving in the wind, the screws just work their way out. Have you seen this problem? Is there a replacement part or something that you’ve found that works without coming out?
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps 868493F7-626A-4167-9FDC-D242EB035A21
Ford Bronco Mabett Mud Flaps FCE11769-FC6E-412C-BEF6-11E11C5E0DE4

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mabett these screws don’t seem to want to stay in place on the mud flaps. I believe they are the hardware that came from the factory, but I think they serve best to just tack the wheel well liner to the wheel well. I think once the bronco starts moving down the highway and the mud flap starts moving in the wind, the screws just work their way out. Have you seen this problem? Is there a replacement part or something that you’ve found that works without coming out?
I got some longer ones from autozone but couldn’t even get them to engage. Honestly I’m not a huge fan of these mudflaps. Bad hardware that rusts, fitment is wonky at best and reusing those plastic rivets doesn’t seem like a good long term solution. I was able to get those factory rivets to hold for now but I don’t have faith they’ll last through winter. I’m hoping a more affordable better option comes out (looking at you @weathertech)

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here a good video of these mud flaps.

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I dont have rock rails or side steps. Ford oem are $65 vs $96 for Mabett on Amazon exclusive. What is wrong with oem or why are mabett better?
Sponsored