Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cross post from this reddit thread:

Looks like a 2022 big bend where someone attempted to do a burnout right off the dealer lot. Absolutely annihilated their clutch with only 10 miles on the drivetrain. 😱😱😱😱
Must have been a factory defect (or dirt mountain damage). Was it replaced under warranty? ;)
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe it was Joey Logano's :sneaky: 😆
(Yes, I know his is an FE)

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice heat bluing on the throw out bearing. Wonder if the input splines got wrecked from the heat.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, guess I'll heed that warning. I typically do a burnout on most of my vehicles shortly after getting them, but I've always been a sports car / sports bike kind of guy.

Sponsored

MattAttack85

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX and 23 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was some guy that was chomping at the bit to get his Bronco and said "As soon as I get my Bronco, I'm doing a badass burnout!!"

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ignorance is Bliss until reality bites, and it can be expensive when it does. :sneaky:

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did no one tell him there is a break in for clutches?

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cross post from this reddit. Looks like a 2022 big bend where someone attempted to do a burnout right off the dealer lot. Absolutely annihilated their clutch with only 10 miles on the drivetrain. 😱😱😱😱

The comments indicate that the flywheel was blackened, so that means things got really hot! My guess is that it was a clutch dump at high rpm, but it isn't a heavy enough clutch to hang on. He probably saw smoke and thought he was doing a burn-out, but was dumb enough not to be able to tell the difference between burning clutch smell and burning rubber smell. 😂

These Broncos aren't race cars. I would be surprised if it is possible to do a burn-out at all in one.

Ford Bronco Madman burnt his Bronco's clutch with 10 miles on odometer - right off dealer lot 🤯 1655163632260
Ford Bronco Madman burnt his Bronco's clutch with 10 miles on odometer - right off dealer lot 🤯 1655163632260
Madman....? Moron.....

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cross post from this reddit. Looks like a 2022 big bend where someone attempted to do a burnout right off the dealer lot. Absolutely annihilated their clutch with only 10 miles on the drivetrain. 😱😱😱😱

The comments indicate that the flywheel was blackened, so that means things got really hot! My guess is that it was a clutch dump at high rpm, but it isn't a heavy enough clutch to hang on. He probably saw smoke and thought he was doing a burn-out, but was dumb enough not to be able to tell the difference between burning clutch smell and burning rubber smell. 😂

These Broncos aren't race cars. I would be surprised if it is possible to do a burn-out at all in one.

Stupid is as stupid does!!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang, I was given a crappy old pinto by my dad and told I needed to drive 2 hours back to college in a 3 speed with the world’s longest clutch. I had never driven a manual. I got a 40 minute lesson and I was off. I feel like judging this particular individual based on my clearly superior manual driving skills. :cool:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s a nice color purple he got on that there lol! Oh btw they will do burnouts just fine. ESP a 4 cyl auto. Lol. I was not really trying but the 4 cyl auto does a brake torque easier than the 6cyl I think it’s the difference in the braking system.

OP
OP

SpiritAnimal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice heat bluing on the throw out bearing. Wonder if the input splines got wrecked from the heat.
Oh man, I didn't even think of the damage the heat could have done to the input shaft. I figured the throwout bearing, slave cylinder and flywheel are all toast. That would be crazy if the transmission had to be rebuilt from the resulting heat damage as well.
Sponsored