First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My buddy just had the same issue and was told the transmissions are on backorder, big surprise. My replacement is no good that I got way back when and I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer on a solution. No surprise they are not in a big hurry to respond.....hopefully @Ford Motor Company will have this figured out by the time my warrantee is up!
I’m not so confident it will be sorted out by the time 3/36 is up. Better check with Grainger for the ESP. Can get out to 10 years now.

I’m half way through my 3/36K warranty but only have 3100 miles on the truck. I do have an 8/100 ESP.
Sponsored

29AGAIN

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Ford Roadster, 2019 Tesla MS, 2022 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone sent me the TSB, here it is: 22-2371
I've been told service is:

1671110471217.png
I’m at 3,700 mi over 5 months with no objectionable noises. It’s relatively warm here in the Big Peach, although it does get below 50*. Truck spends vast majority of time in city traffic, so rarely sees 5th or 6th gears. My Pavement Princess has not, and likely will not, see dirt, much less ROCKS!

I did have “notchy”resistance getting into 1st gear, having to shift to 2nd first then into 1st gear, however recently, it’s been slipping into 1st just fine. Was this normal break in?
Fingers crossed.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m at 3,700 mi over 5 months with no objectionable noises. It’s relatively warm here in the Big Peach, although it does get below 50*. Truck spends vast majority of time in city traffic, so rarely sees 5th or 6th gears. My Pavement Princess has not, and likely will not, see dirt, much less ROCKS!

I did have “notchy”resistance getting into 1st gear, having to shift to 2nd first then into 1st gear, however recently, it’s been slipping into 1st just fine. Was this normal break in?
Fingers crossed.

I'm at 13k miles. Getting into first was notchy for the first 8k miles. It's smoothed out significantly since, and I can get back into first under 5mph with ease. Occasional notchy "double click" into first, but much smoother overall.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not so confident it will be sorted out by the time 3/36 is up. Better check with Grainger for the ESP. Can get out to 10 years now.

I’m half way through my 3/36K warranty but only have 3100 miles on the truck. I do have an 8/100 ESP.
Powertrain is 5/60k, so you’ll have a little more time.

flashdaddy99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad to join this thread, but misery loves company as they say.

Got my 21' Badlands MT in March (8900mi) and about a month later (April) heard the scraping noise. Took it in for diagnosis shortly thereafter and have been awaiting a transmission replacement ever since.

I really loved it the 30 days I had it, but I'm second guessing my life choices now. The latest update I had from my service manager was that the new transmission was due to arrive on 6/12...well no dice. Apparently 384 were heading to the warehouse, but perhaps a U-Boat got them on the way over from China?

I joke to hide the pain. It's been 3 months now. It seems that
@Ford Motor Company prioritizes new build over the happiness of current customers or this wouldn't be such a well populated thread.

Anyone else still in the same boat right now? Fish or cut bait?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sad to join this thread, but misery loves company as they say.

Got my 21' Badlands MT in March (8900mi) and about a month later (April) heard the scraping noise. Took it in for diagnosis shortly thereafter and have been awaiting a transmission replacement ever since.

I really loved it the 30 days I had it, but I'm second guessing my life choices now. The latest update I had from my service manager was that the new transmission was due to arrive on 6/12...well no dice. Apparently 384 were heading to the warehouse, but perhaps a U-Boat got them on the way over from China?

I joke to hide the pain. It's been 3 months now. It seems that
@Ford Motor Company prioritizes new build over the happiness of current customers or this wouldn't be such a well populated thread.

Anyone else still in the same boat right now? Fish or cut bait?
It’s not that bad. They all make noise. Just drive the crap out of it until they get the new transmission in. I’ve put almost 10K miles on mine in the last 5 weeks and not worried about it at all.

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we are all in the same boat. Mine sounds like absolute garbage now. I was hoping the warmer weather would help, but that was just another pipe dream. I've got almost 25K and figure the warranty will kick in one of these days or the dealer will call telling me they have a solution. Maybe when my Advanced Fiberglass Hardtop arrives I will not be able to hear it as much! In the meantime I'll just drive and wait.[/QUOTE]

flashdaddy99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the words of wisdom @kodiakisland @PatioDaddio78 . Your experiences are helpful, I was looking at it more like "impending doom", but that's a bit wrong based on your experiences.

Thanks much!
Sponsored