First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Alright so whats better in any scenario when offroading: Black Diamond with Sas & Manual, if it happens, or Badlands.
95:1 crawl ratio is overkill. Ground clearance and grip matters way more often.

Here's a video demonstrating the benefits of larger tires off road:

Sponsored

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah maybe. Just feels awfully misleading of them to advertise a 95:1 crawl ratio without the disclaimer that only a single model has that capability
Kinda like the hype and how badass the disconnecting swaybar is? It's only available on one Trim though.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda like the hype and how badass the disconnecting swaybar is? It's only available on one Trim though.
It's only STANDARD on one trim.
We do not know what will be optional or not until the order form are out .....plus the whole catalog of certified crap they'll install for you....includes tunes and lift kits etc etc....so the rumors go.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys, so there has been ZERO change on this subject, correct? There is no Sasquatch + Manual option still, correct?

Some dude on a Ford IG Bronco Pic I commented on is saying otherwise, but I don't think he's looked at the options and what the Sasquatch package says as far as auto only.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So for those of you that know about specifics with gear ratios, would a 4.7 gear in the manual be faster acceleration when on pavement? But lose top end? Compared to 4.46 or whatever is stock manual

OP
OP
gmoney

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 4-DR Bronco - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So for those of you that know about specifics with gear ratios, would a 4.7 gear in the manual be faster acceleration when on pavement? But lose top end? Compared to 4.46 or whatever is stock manual
Yeah you're correct based on what I understand about gearing ratio. Your acceleration and torque will be faster across the board, but your top speed will take a hit. Hitting 80 mph with 4.7 gear ratios will result in higher RPMs than it would with the 4.46 or the auto.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's called marketing. The Bronco has an available 94.75:1 crawl ratio...by buying the Badlands with the manual transmission.
To add on, the only Jeep with an 84.2:1 crawl ratio is a Rubicon with a 6MT - the rock crawler model gets the crawl ratio.

OP
OP
gmoney

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys, so there has been ZERO change on this subject, correct? There is no Sasquatch + Manual option still, correct?

Some dude on a Ford IG Bronco Pic I commented on is saying otherwise, but I don't think he's looked at the options and what the Sasquatch package says as far as auto only.
Yup – still no news of the Sasquatch being paired with the MT. The reason they stated is that the Sasquatch package comes with automatic-only features (e.g. Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist)

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Depends on a lot of things - available grip, tire diameter, transmission gear ratios, your metrics for success.

If you have the traction, a higher numerical rear end ratio will transfer more torque to the ground and provide more acceleration. It will feel peppier.

But if you're measuring 0-60 times, then a ratio that requires you to shift more times before you hit 60 would appear slower.

The manual Bronco with 33s and the 4.7 ratio and stick (Bandlands) is geared to do 193mph at 6000rpm in 6th gear. So the rear end ratio isn't limiting your top end speed. You'll just see slightly higher RPMs on the highway. The same setup would run 2180rpm at 70mph vs. 2067 with the 4.46 rear end.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I find it hard to believe that they are advertising this crawl ratio when it only applies to a single Bronco combination.

Am I speculating too much? What are your guys' thoughts?
Auto companies, and others, do that all the time. It would not surprise me in the least. Just look at towing claims for an example that Ford does this with for the F150 every day ...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It gets better. They were advertising best in class articulation/RTI score. Turns out this only applies to the Badlands WITHOUT Sasquatch. Sasquatch limits up travel to prevent the 35” tires from rubbing.
"...and rubbin' is racin'!"

DennisMurray

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone built a slick spreadsheet that let's you see the differences between the gear ratios and the speeds for each gear.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/gear-ratio-speed-calculator-2-3l-7mt-and-auto.3561/

Short answer is, higher (numerically speaking) final drive means your top speed in each gear is slightly lower - so more shifts to get to a given speed, but the difference between 4.46 and 4.70 isn't that much really.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone built a slick spreadsheet that let's you see the differences between the gear ratios and the speeds for each gear.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/gear-ratio-speed-calculator-2-3l-7mt-and-auto.3561/

Short answer is, higher (numerically speaking) final drive means your top speed in each gear is slightly lower - so more shifts to get to a given speed, but the difference between 4.46 and 4.70 isn't that much really.
Thank you for that. I also know that throwing larger tires will affect the true ratios too. So 4.7 with 37’s will lower it some.

OP
OP
gmoney

gmoney

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Auto companies, and others, do that all the time. It would not surprise me in the least. Just look at towing claims for an example that Ford does this with for the F150 every day ...
Yeah the more I'm thinking about it, I think it was a naive speculation. I guess they should've said that it has the capability to have a "best in class crawl ratio".
Sponsored