Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

(F1 doesn't have launch control)

Well ok. I guess I don't know what they call setting on the starting line with the skinny pedal to the mat and their finger on the clutch and when the light turn green, they release the clutch with their finger and the car scoots away without spinning a tire. Now I have watched some teams after the release, the car just kinda' pulls away, not "squat" and boggie away. So please enlighten me what is it called if that is not launch control ??? Please be gentle as I am a redneck and to me it sure seems like launch control because it sure ain't the driver doing it.

Never mind I googled it..... launch control was banned a while ago. sorry I told you I was a redneck. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well ok. I guess I don't know what they call setting on the starting line with the skinny pedal to the mat and their finger on the clutch and when the light turn green, they release the clutch with their finger and the car scoots away without spinning a tire. Now I have watched some teams after the release, the car just kinda' pulls away, not "squat" and boggie away. So please enlighten me what is it called if that is not launch control ??? Please be gentle as I am a redneck and to me it sure seems like launch control because it sure ain't the driver doing it.

Never mind I googled it..... launch control was banned a while ago. sorry I told you I was a redneck. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
You should know by now it's my job to keep you in line on F1 facts :p

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You should know by now it's my job to keep you in line on F1 facts :p

Yes you do and I forgot about the ban. but I know what I see them do and I try to listen to what the announcers say. So I found this article ……

Nowadays, both the ‘Bite Point Find’ and the double clutch paddle start process are banned. Drivers have to get a feel for the clutch bite point and react to it accordingly, rather than just adjust the paddle settings. Equally, the two stage start with the clutch paddles has to be done with one clutch paddle being released part way, then fully released through the start process.

They always say the first to go is your mind. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All these complaints about auto complexity...

Just drive a manual - once you get used to it, you never have to think about it. And your brain adjusts the “settings“ to how you want it.
I didn't think I was complaining about autocomplexity - just that I probably wouldn't use it. I 100% agree with the second sentence, I can be lugging along in "slacker mode" and switch to "sport mode" at will. No need to change settings - if I want fast shifts and to hold high rpms I can. Pretty important if you want to pass anyone in my slow ass subaru (base imprezza).

I don't like my subaru's version of hill assist - it holds on too long, you lose the feel. I think it screws me up more than it helps. I drove a golf desiel with hill assist and it wasn't as annoying. My old car didn't have hill assist and I gave it away at 190k with the original clutch so I don't think I need hill assist to save the clutch.

I do want to to give the auto a fair evaluation though, especially if the manual doesn't save me money or adds cost. I'm curious on how the ratios between the auto and manual will differ.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully this Auto Hill Assist can be user adjusted or totally turned off for those who know how to drive a manual.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully this Auto Hill Assist can be user adjusted or totally turned off for those who know how to drive a manual.
in the mustang I believe you can turn it on and off in the settings.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hill start assist on my Focus ST worked great. There wasn't a button though. I had to dig through the menus to toggle it on and off.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hill start assist on my Focus ST worked great. There wasn't a button though. I had to dig through the menus to toggle it on and off.
I totally forgot my wifes fiesta st had hill assist since it does work so well. I hadn't considered that I could turn it off on my subaru - looks like you can - you have to turn the wheel left 3 times, shut off the engine, look up twice, honk the horn, shout "why why why" out the window and repeat the whole process again to get to the menu to turn it off.

I printed the directions hopefully it will work.

manualT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been fighting off buying a manual Tacoma or Jeep. Hoping the Bronco manual is good, 'old school feel' paired with a handbrake. Can't wait to finally see more info on the manual and when it will be available. Getting close!

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've thought about the Tacoma in manual before also, but after test driving one I was majorly turned off. The interior is cramped, dated, and the 3.5 is anemic.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've thought about the Tacoma in manual before also, but after test driving one I was majorly turned off. The interior is cramped, dated, and the 3.5 is anemic.
yeah, that motor just has no power. biggest complaint with the 4runner. at least it is so underpowered you never have to worry about breaking anything.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do believe that as of right now, today, the 4runner and Taco are the best looking mid sized trucks/SUVs on the market. and are very capable off road, and towing as compared to their counterparts. I have pushed our 2wd 4runner past its limits in the hills towing and it never had an issue.

But damn are they boring to drive. a total snooze fest.

Give them a motor, such as TT'ing the existing, and give the 4runner a center console 6 spd short throw stick and hell yeah.
Sponsored