John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like when you get frozen in an intense game of Freeze Tag amd someone unfreezes you.

How do you unfreeze in your part of the country? I remember we used to have to crawl under the frozen persons legs to unfreeze them. Not sure that would be allowed anymore. That must be gone now with the demise of Dodgeball, etc.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does “tag relief” mean?
Mass Relief
  • Typically shifts and work crews in a factory are relieved, or changed, all at once (e.g., all the workers leave the plant and a new shift starts work), which is called 'mass relief'.
Tag Relief
  • 'Tag relief' is a different system where staff are exchanged one by one as needed (e.g., coffee break). One or two people are not working at one station, but relieve persons by 'tagging' or tapping their shoulder. They take the position until the break is over and then 'tag' another worker.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They are both saying 40 per day. I think Jon is just misunderstanding. Or perhaps he's on night shift, and Lisa's day shift has been laid off for a while, hence the discrepancy? Just speculating of course.
I just found the post on that crappy Facebook group. John is disagreeing with the OP who claimed they built 14 Broncos on Saturday, not with Lisa.

Last edited:

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't done the math to add up the numbers, but it's exciting to see/read that things are happening. Makes me feel better knowing that my Q1-2022 estimate that I have in my head might actually be real.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update: Added key production dates / schedule memo:

View attachment 116227

2021 Ford Bronco Full Production Confirmed to Start on August 2nd

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-confirmed-to-start-on-august-2nd-160061.html

April 26, 2021

Thanks to MAP employee Lisa DeEtte, we have learned new details about the Bronco’s production schedule. Job 1 is on track for May 3rd, as previously reported, and full production will start on August 2nd.

Tag relief acceleration begins on August 30th, according to the tipster, who also mentions full tag relief production on September 20th. “I’m hearing that we’ll start at 350 units per shift - both Bronco and Ranger - then ramp up to approximately 600 units per shift by August/September,” added Lisa.

Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne is currently in the pre-production phase, which means that Ford is making a handful of demonstrators per day for U.S. dealerships. Jon Thomas, a fellow plant worker, mentions that “we average 40 units a day for weeks now. This number will increase every week, and we will start a second shift next week to increase our numbers.”

Posted on the Ford Bronco 2021 Facebook group a little over 10 hours ago, Jon’s comment refers to the current week of April 26th to April 30th. The Michigan Assembly Plant is definitely buzzing right now because Job 1 will start next Monday, hence the workers’ enthusiasm for the all-new Bronco.

It’s also worth noting that Ford has more than 100,000 firm orders for the mid-size utility vehicle with Ranger underpinnings, which is why the Ford Motor Company will likely focus on making as many Broncos as possible. Given that every dealer has the Ranger in stock and the mid-size pickup truck sold 24,166 units in the first quarter of the year in the United States, it’s extremely obvious that “likely focus” is an understatement on my part.

For the first model year of the Bronco, the Blue Oval offers no fewer than six trim levels. The First Edition doesn’t count because all of them sold out. $28,500 is the starting price of the Base trim level with the two-door body style, seven-speed manual, and 2.3-liter EcoBoost. The four-door Badlands and Wildtrak with the four-door option retail from $44,590 and $49,475.

Did "Lisa" get fired today?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just found the post on that crappy Facebook group. John is disagreeing with the OP who claimed they built 14 Broncos on Saturday, not with Lisa. Am I they only one who thinks its a dick move to include their names and face on here?

Probably the only one to think that. John and Lisa both posted on the very public Facebook - that is on the internet forever.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I find it hard to believe they’re going to build 600 a shift at full production.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just found the post on that crappy Facebook group. John is disagreeing with the OP who claimed they built 14 Broncos on Saturday, not with Lisa. Am I they only one who thinks its a dick move to include their names and face on here?
If it's already all over the interwebs then no. Hopefully those are pseudonyms anyways.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks