Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Roger that! I have six acres on the water here in Annapolis with a place for a bonfire by the water, so we can start there after this over!

@rcbickle are Bronco Sport owners welcome? LOl. I'm down in Holland Point.
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A majority of us are in the DMV, a good idea would be to start here and work our way to Granger, going dealership by dealership to see who will deal.

It's early and my synapses aren't firing, just yet!

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
firm buyer of OBX 4 door. 100% in for match of Granger deal. Reservation with Sheehy Richmond.

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sound solid, that’s a hunk of land in Annapolis. I’m across the bay from ya, on KI
I'll be driving by both you and @rcbickle this week on my way to inspect our hopefully new house on Tilghman island and getting out of baltimore city. We were looking at both Annapolis outskirts and Kent Island but couldn't find anything that spoke to us ... and everything decent is getting snatched up super fast, our Tilghman one was only 3 days on market.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm interested. I have a base 2dr reservation at Lawrenceville ford in Lawrenceville, NJ.

Sponsored

Rev

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ford Raptor, 17 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

6 acres in Annapolis? Nice. I'm in Crofton, not to far from Annapolis. I have to drive to either PA or GA to have fun in the Raptor because of land to run.

The Bronco will be the wifes. Replacing her Explorer Sport and she is super excited.

We are a ford family. :cool:

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm also interested in a group buy. I'm not 100% but pretty close. I'm in Hershey, PA w/ a reservation @ Maguire's. They're taking X plan if offered w/ NO ADMs.
4 door Black Diamond.

Is there anyway to move the spreadsheet to the 1st page and update there? Thanks for putting this together.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also interested in a group buy. I'm not 100% but pretty close. I'm in Hershey, PA w/ a reservation @ Maguire's. They're taking X plan if offered w/ NO ADMs.
4 door Black Diamond.

Is there anyway to move the spreadsheet to the 1st page and update there? Thanks for putting this together.
That's not a bad idea... @rcbickle, it's your thread, just let me know if you need copies

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A majority of us are in the DMV, a good idea would be to start here and work our way to Granger, going dealership by dealership to see who will deal.

It's early and my synapses aren't firing, just yet!
Yes. The idea is to see if we can find a dealer that is within our area. Graninger seems to be a great deal but for us we have to tack on airfare, mileage, and time. For my house, it is a 14-hour drive. So it also means a hotel or campsite and two days of my time. It is still a savings, but not as much if we can go local.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll add you in the morning my dude.

We're getting pretty close, only a few more from having a group of 25 firm buyers who would move their reservations. Given some of the trims I'm seeing there, that looks like an easy $1.25 million in sales growth alone. Of the remaining 30-40 or so reservations, perhaps as many as half will convert, representing another $1 million or so. If we can stick together, we can negotiate a better deal than $1000 below invoice. That's on the table right now, there for the taking for no effort...

Just sayin'.
Thank you for taking the lead. Using Jeep as a comparison point, I expect the add-ons and upgrades should be big profit centers for whichever dealership steps up. After all, the dealership has a monopoly since there isn't any competition from aftermarket suppliers yet.
Ford Bronco Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD? 1597150841982

Sponsored
OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you for taking the lead. Using Jeep as a comparison point, I expect the add-ons and upgrades should be big profit centers for whichever dealership steps up. After all, the dealership has a monopoly since there isn't any competition from aftermarket suppliers yet.
1597150841982.png
Might be another negotiation tactic. I am not sure how many of us are planning on some upgrade, and probably won't know until Ford releases the options and costs, but I could see us negotiating a match of Graninger (-$1300 X-plan holders/-$1000 others) and then some scale based on volume as @perfectburrito has suggested, plus maybe some credit towards options if we as a group hit volume levels (i.e. - 35 vehicles add $1000 credit towards options, etc.). This is actually cheaper for a Dealer since, assuming a 40% Gross Margin, they are only really kicking in $600 but we get $1000 worth of value.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1597150841982.png
Yessir! This was my thinking as well. Getting a dealership to knock more off the invoice may be more difficult than working towards dealership incentive cash for accessories, services, etc.

$1000 below invoice is nothing but a price match, which is great but there's nothing to stop any one of us getting a similar match from our own dealerships on our own. It's out there for the taking now without too much heavy-lifting, so what's the point of teaming up like this if that's all we want?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but our list represents sales leads - good ones - for vehicles that none of these dealerships have on their lots right now. So it's not just sales, it's sales GROWTH. Over $1 million in FIRM buyers, and another $1 million in likely buyers... That kind of growth is enough to take a small dealership to the next level or to make a large dealership the brand HQ for this model - probably Ford's biggest model introduction of the decade.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yessir! This was my thinking as well. Getting a dealership to knock more off the invoice may be more difficult than working towards dealership incentive cash for accessories, services, etc.

$1000 below invoice is nothing but a price match, which is great but there's nothing to stop anyone of us getting a similar match from our own dealerships on our own. It's out there for the taking now without too much heavy-lifting, so what's the point of teaming up like this if that's all we want?
EXACTLY. That is why I loved your proposal for being much more aggressive based on model (since higher models should have a higher gross margin. Your roll-up of the revenue that this group could push together should get us BEYOND a price match that we could get on our own. There could be dealer pushback (there will be dealer pushback) but getting credit towards the add-ons is a way for us to bring additional value as a team. I guess we really won't know until we get to 25 and talk strategy then go ASK! :)

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There could be dealer pushback (there will be dealer pushback) but getting credit towards the add-ons is a way for us to bring additional value as a team.
For that reason, I think we need to be careful how we approach this. If we're perceived to be a threat, that's a horrible jumping off point for negotiations. If someone has an ax to grind against a dealership or salesperson, this isn't the place and that won't be helpful.

We're just Bronco enthusiasts looking to get the best deal we can as early adopters of a new model. If there's a dealership that wants to attract our business, we're listening. If not, we're still going to go buy our Broncos...
Sponsored