Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else with a 2.3L here this? Sound was not present up until recently and almost sounds like a fan or something else rotating, but nothing visible with the hood open and seems to come from upper part of engine.

Guages normal and no warning messages.

Update:
Found the issue and for me it was extremely easy fix.

A wiring harness gasket in the engine firewall had fallen out. Sound is normal, but with the open hole to the engine compartment made things sound badly.

The spot is on the drivers side in the firewall near close to the fender. Check that spot and if that gasket is in place and you still hear a noise, you should still bring it in.

20211111_093933.jpg

20211111_090329.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BDBrian1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do! I was wondering if I should take my bronco to get looked at, or is it normal?

OP
OP
BTomorama

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do! I was wondering if I should take my bronco to get looked at, or is it normal?
Definitely did not hear it the first two months of ownership, so I would schedule an appointment.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else with a 2.3L here this? Sound was not present up until recently and almost sounds like a fan or something else rotating, but nothing visible with the hood open and seems to come from upper part of engine.

Radiator fan kicking in? Will follow this thread

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hello! Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and mileage so I can look into your noise concern on my end?

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
BTomorama

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No offence but is it your Turbo? Some turbo cars make a lot of whooshing noises after things break in.
Definitely not the turbo. It has a rhythm too it, where the turbo is the whoosh you mentioned. Plus it happens at idle even at Park.

OP
OP
BTomorama

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A wiring harness gasket in the engine firewall had fallen out. Sound is normal, but with the open hole to the engine compartment made things sound badly.

The spot is on the drivers side in the firewall near close to the fender. Check that spot and if that gasket is in place and you still hear a noise, you should still bring it in.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might be helpful if you could post a picture of the area, and maybe circle the culperate.

Thanks for sharing this!

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm having the same noise on my 2.3 manual transmission. It wasn't there a few days ago. I only have 400 mileage on it. No warning lights or anything just that noise started out of nowhere. Still looking for the area that gasket is in to see if its missing from the picture you uploaded. Its -5 here right now so I'm probably rushing and missing where that gasket is. Where did you get a replacement gasket? Or was yours just loose?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm having the same noise on my 2.3 manual transmission. It wasn't there a few days ago. I only have 400 mileage on it. No warning lights or anything just that noise started out of nowhere. Still looking for the area that gasket is in to see if its missing from the picture you uploaded. Its -5 here right now so I'm probably rushing and missing where that gasket is. Where did you get a replacement gasket? Or was yours just loose?
I believe the gasket the OP is talking about is the hole plug for the clutch linkage. He has an auto (I think) so he has the plug, you with a manual would not have this plug, must be something else.

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe the gasket the OP is talking about is the hole plug for the clutch linkage. He has an auto (I think) so he has the plug, you with a manual would not have this plug, must be something else.
Thank you! I just looked and yeah I definitely don't have this gasket! Definitely something else. I made a post about it but gonna take it to the dealership even though I don't have any warning lights or errors. Thanks again.
Sponsored