Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First mod... safety wire roof latches...

Note to self.
Sponsored

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Things happen...Tesla Model S

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow

Someone on another thread insisted the mic tops are just cardboard covered in plastic. I thought he was being facetious. From your photos it really truly appears to just be cardboard. Are my eyes deceiving me?
it is just corrugated paper fill with fiberglass skin look at that video of the guys cutting the back half off a 2 door to make that fire truck mobile

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Top blew off (forgot to latch)! Pics of damage and material / construction 1635452285190

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Corvette world calls this the FRC, or Flying Roof Club. Congrats on being the founding Bronco FRC member!
That's exactly what I was going to say Todd.

@lakesinai John, you can check on the aftermarket Corvette sights. They have a tag that you hang on the top that reminds you to latch it up before you move. You may be the first with a Bronco to have that happen, but Corvette owners have a lock on the top spot for flying roofs. :)

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pressboard

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pressboard is a class of cellulose-based material constructed of several layers (plies) of paper which, when compressed using a combination of heat and pressure, form a stiff, dense material in a range of weights.[1] Pressboard has been widely used in traditional school and office products such as spiral-bound notebooks and three-ring binders, but its unique physical characteristics lend itself readily to a variety of end-uses, including (but not limited to) document storage, filing supplies (classification and file folders), report covers, Ford Bronco tops, folding cartons, tags, labels, and industrial applications.[2][3][4] It is commonly used to make the back panels of radios and some televisions. Pressboard may be converted using a number of different techniques (scoring, folding, die-cutting), and accepts a range of value-add decorating techniques (coating, foil-stamping, screen-printing, and embossing). Pressboard may contain recycled fiber content (including post-consumer waste), and is typically itself recyclable and biodegradable, making it an environmentally-sound choice for those seeking an alternative to petroleum-derived substrates. Pressboard has also been made from cornstalks.[5]
I see what you did there... I had to go read the actual missive...
Nice work:ROFLMAO:

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are two types of people in this world: people who want a new bronco because they think the edges on the top aren’t rolled enough, and people who throw a little epoxy on a roof that hit the deck at 45 mph and say ‘it’s still good’
I think I'm the type who would be the latter.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have done repairs like this plenty of times @brodicustomworks is spot on ,the cardboard is kinda like a filler and insulator from heat and cold and to prevent condensation.
I used do the same repair on the wings of aircraft ,big aircraft the real enemy is water inside make sure its dry before sealing it up.
Stuff happens so dont feel too bad ,its early some is going to do worse and you wont be at the head of the line.
I would put some florecent tape on the back of those latches ,but i dont think you will forget to check those again.

Sponsored

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow

Someone on another thread insisted the mic tops are just cardboard covered in plastic. I thought he was being facetious. From your photos it really truly appears to just be cardboard. Are my eyes deceiving me?
You crazy man get back where you belong!

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's exactly what I was going to say Todd.

@lakesinai John, you can check on the aftermarket Corvette sights. They have a tag that you hang on the top that reminds you to latch it up before you move. You may be the first with a Bronco to have that happen, but Corvette owners have a lock on the top spot for flying roofs. :)
Thanks, its a senior moment for sure, and if reading this gets others to join me to pause and ask myself, Did i latch the roof, its all good.
Sponsored