MIC headliner fell

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First issue @ 11 months. Always garaged. Opened door to this surprise yesterday.
I am aware that there is a service bulletin. Dealer says approved method of remedy is 1 try to repair in situ, ,if that doesn’t hold, top is replaced. This dealer is 50% at successful repairs.

IMG_9148.jpeg
Sponsored

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Haven’t happened to me yet but I’d say just get a strong glue and stick it back. Like you said dealer may or may not succeed and they might even tell you to leave the car for a week +

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First issue @ 11 months. Always garaged. Opened door to this surprise yesterday.
I am aware that there is a service bulletin. Dealer says approved method of remedy is 1 try to repair in situ, ,if that doesn’t hold, top is replaced. This dealer is 50% at successful repairs.

Ford Bronco MIC headliner fell IMG_9148
Holy crap. What is the service bulletin you reference?

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Chewing gum and baling wire is better than whatever modern adhesives Ford has been using this generation 🙄

Sponsored

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to see this.

Any theories? Heat, moisture?

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SSM 51825 2023 Bronco - Hard Top - Headliner Falling Down/Detached/Separation Some 2023 Bronco hard top vehicles may exhibit the headliner falling down, becoming detached or separating from the hard top rear cap. Do not attempt to reattach the production headliner to the hard top surface of the rear roof panel. Replace the hard top headliner.

Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The top isn't replaced. The headliner is replaced. And they're not supposed to reattach it. They're supposed to replace it. That's why the dealer has a 50% failure rate.

My top is cracking, so I guess I'll get a new top regardless.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clean off the environmentally friendly glue and apply some good toxic fume glue that does have to keep being replaced. Sometimes this environmentally friendly stuff isn’t so friendly when it has to be replaced so often.

OP
OP

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The top isn't replaced. The headliner is replaced. And they're not supposed to reattach it. They're supposed to replace it. That's why the dealer has a 50% failure rate.

My top is cracking, so I guess I'll get a new top regardless.
Yes perhaps my wording was misleading. The dealer is also aware of the service bulletin. One attempt is made to attach a *new* headliner in situ.…

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this headliner concern? Thank you!

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clean off the environmentally friendly glue and apply some good toxic fume glue that does have to keep being replaced. Sometimes this environmentally friendly stuff isn’t so friendly when it has to be replaced so often.
yes. Reach for that good huffin’ glue and this time use it for its advertised purpose
Sponsored