First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So apparently a branch fell onto my roof at some point, I park under a tree etc. About the size of a quarter. Did not go all the way through. 2021 Badlands with 2nd gen roof. Just saw it and am wondering about patching it. What would you use to repair? I'm thinking something that would soak into it and fill the void and would be self leveling. Some sort of epoxy maybe? Thinking home depot, auto parts store, boat repair sort of places. Thanks!
Ford Bronco Dent in my MIC hardtop!! Branch fell onto my roof PXL_20230606_004513523
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

File insurance claim. It should fall under comprehensive so it wont go against you. Take the insurance money and get an aftermarket top. Or repair it and pocket the money. As for fixing it Id use some sort of epoxy or fiberglass resin.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be afforded coverage uner the Comprehensicve coverage on the auto policy (subject to a deductible). But it should not be a chargable claim since it is comprehensive.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you do claim it through insurance, i would strongly consider the new abv hard top (i think its abv, whatever the hardtop is that just came out with the slightly slanted back). Regarding filling it yourself. It’s possible but i can’t imagine it being a water tight seal. And as you can tell the factory hard tops are basically cardboard on the inside. Once water gets in, thats it. Mold mold city.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where has the spirit of ingenuity gone? I always say” pretend we are living in Mad Max times, and create a doable solution”. BTW, that’s why they make Mighty Putty , Mighty tape and Mighty patch spray. You can do this!

OP
OP
erics667

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do claim it through insurance, i would strongly consider the new abv hard top (i think its abv, whatever the hardtop is that just came out with the slightly slanted back). Regarding filling it yourself. It’s possible but i can’t imagine it being a water tight seal. And as you can tell the factory hard tops are basically cardboard on the inside. Once water gets in, thats it. Mold mold city.
I like the concept of this but the aftermarket unit is $6K! Granted, minus insurance, but still... https://www.advfiberglass.com/products/2021-2023-ford-bronco-hardtop?variant=39545751535718

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dent in my MIC hardtop!! Branch fell onto my roof 1686070102912

only in partial jest. My husband and his dad patched the underneath of a camper that when all over the US with flex tape and it worked beautifully.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dent in my MIC hardtop!! Branch fell onto my roof 1686070240188

only in partial jest. My husband and his dad patched the underneath of a camper that when all over the US with flex tape and it worked beautifully.
god I was seconds to late

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the concept of this but the aftermarket unit is $6K! Granted, minus insurance, but still... https://www.advfiberglass.com/products/2021-2023-ford-bronco-hardtop?variant=39545751535718
Yup thats it!!! I know, it is definitely pricey. If you wanted to replace with the same factory hard top it will cost about the same from Ford. But I personally wouldn’t replace with the factory. Yes the factory looks great and all but the long term quality dosnt seem to be there based on the many posts on the forum so far. I am sure you have seen them. Many are bubbling without any physical damage. Basically manufacturing defects. It really depends on how you want to move forward. If you do insurance. Then that should offset the cost somewhat. If you want to try to plug it, its worth a shot but comes with high risk and you wont be able to claim insurance down the road if it does start molding or whatever because of improper self repair. You might be able to just buy that panel? Is it one of the three front panels? If so maybe just replace with that one panel, not an entire top.