First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands/sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I owned a 1972 Blazer with a full fiberglass top, windshield back and in my 13 years of ownership I never had any issues, great quality, very heavy duty. I understand they had 2 quality options back then mine being the better option. Had it on and off several times. That was 51 years ago, no excuse Ford! Mine is ok for now, keeping my fingers crossed. Jim.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if Ford would just settle and cut you a check for the MIC top value. Then you could buy a Anderson or ADV top
OP has a 2DR. So, they are dependent on Ford to not deliver a dud.... again. 🤞

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too bad you can't see the dealer message boards, there's a thread in the parts section called, "damaged shipping gallery". If you're familiar with the lack of QC at the plant, fear not, it also extends through to the handling and delivery of parts. Between lack of manpower at the warehouses and refusal of management to address the tens of millions in shipping losses, it's painfully clear the whole company is a mess. That mess starts at the top.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is not a pie in the sky concept. Dodge has done this on a few issues with their Chargers. As far as the Bronco, there is no other part of the Bronco that has had such a calamity of reported issues. Maybe these issues are elevated by forums like this or maybe it is just a matter of time until all of the MICS have failure issues. For such a large part of the Bronco (the entire top of it) to fall apart and look like crap, at ANY time over it's ownership is just not acceptable. Jeep has it right and so do many of the truck canopy topper companies. It is just possible that the design of the MIC is just not a good one. (And I did see your sarcasm notation :giggle: )
I get what you mean, but even looking at the thread/poll you posted back in February, almost 85% of people haven’t had any issues whatsoever. (Granted that was only for cracks, but that seems to be the majority of issues lately)

I know not everyone is lucky and I agree 100% that some are very poor quality, but I think the issues may be elevated on here like you mentioned. Maybe I’m wrong, but I haven’t had a single issue with my top in ~16 months/20k miles. Mine also has never been in a garage, in northern Illinois weather to boot.

Either way, I don’t see Ford ever offering any type of lifetime warranty, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company won’t come in here to “help.” They don’t touch the threads where actual help is requested. 🤖 DOES NOT COMPUTE!!! 🤖

Ask on B6G if you should name your new ferret - Furry Noodle, @Toccoa , or Mr. Hotdog - and you better believe @Ford Motor Company will be here requesting your VIN to help.

Hope you get this issue resolved, OP.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My original top cracked in several places around both side windows. I went in on appt at dealer service dept on Jan 13, 2023, the rep took pics and within an hour had approval for full replacement. I was told it would take about 2 weeks to receive new top and they would call me asap to schedule an appointment. The top showed up on Jan 27, 2023, just took 9 business days. I took my Bronco in on Feb 6th for install. Now that its been just over 90 days since new top was installed I have a single crack on P/S rear bottom corner of side window.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/updated-05-08-23-another-mic-2-0-hard-top-cracking.62878/

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes me wonder how many tops have problems that have not been discovered yet.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if Ford would just settle and cut you a check for the MIC top value. Then you could buy a Anderson or ADV top
Hahaha, sure they will.. Farley will probably sign it himself.

Sponsored

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are the panels on those tops glued together or is that one mold?

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on my new top. I had my top replaced because it had the cracking around the side windows. It took a while because tops were hard to get. The new top was installed and I drove off without inspecting it. As soon as I got home I saw 2 corners that looked damaged and the rear glass was way out of alignment. Called my dealer (they are great) and was told they might have to order another top. That took over 2 weeks to get ford to approve but now it’s ordered. The top also did not have a headliner and it is so much quieter than the original. Go figure.

snocrazee

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
(edit) Deleted pics until I hear back from Ford.
Couple hundred miles on a 2023. Denied from Ford on first attempt. Ford claims I used harsh chemicals. BS. Second claim in progress.

Last edited:

Rick U

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was it ford that denied the first claim or the dealer?
Sponsored