larger touch screen
rubber floors
power seats
marine vinyl seats
hood insulation
SAS suspension
adaptive cruise
save my money from buying LUX
can you do adaptive cruise and larger screen but not upgraded sound system and high package?

i know power seats isn’t an option on
2 door badlands marine, but leather won’t change that

Last edited:

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@79Crewzer are you willing to find out for all of us if the drain plugs are still under the carpet?

Also I would expect an OBX to get through sand better than a BL due to weighing 3-400 Lbs less without all the Skid plates, rock rails, and heavier bumpers.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The sound bar is massively overpriced. 4, 4’ and 2, 2” speakers, un-amplified isn’t worth $700+
How is a powered speaker not amplified?

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@79Crewzer are you willing to find out for all of us if the drain plugs are still under the carpet?

Also I would expect an OBX to get through sand better than a BL due to weighing 3-400 Lbs less without all the Skid plates, rock rails, and heavier bumpers.
Drain plug is there but it's a rubber plug rather than the twist open plug.

20210926_145140.jpg

Sponsored

Mr. Hankey

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2d MT, GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a non sas badlands on order mostly bc it will be my daily driver and I thought the all terrain tires would be better for that. I really want the sas do you think it drives better on the highway?

Great thread! I’d like to add on to this question. I too have a non sas badlands on order for daily driving and long freeway trips to the wilderness. I was expecting much less road noise on the 33”, better gas mileage, better freeway handling, and easier for my wife to get in. I had a blast with sas at Off Rodeo though. Do others agree that road noise is a wash?!

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Incorrect Android auto does it wirelessly with both units but Apple only does it with the larger unit. And the larger one has a split screen that you can flip flop. Audio on left navigation on right or flip it.
I had no problem using Apple Car Play on the small screen I used at the Off Rodeo. The lack of split screen was a pain in the ass though.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want the extra insulation and 12" screen, save money by getting the High pkg. Better off spending the $ on a sound bar for the audio but get most of the features of Lux.
This is exactly what I’m going to, when I get my BL high package. Upgrade stereo. I really wanted that heated steering wheel due to harsh winters and no garage. But not worth the upgrade. Good gloves will be cheaper.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thousands of us are still waiting and Ford has built 2 for the same customer....
I don't care who they build for I'm not settling for that soft top. MANY of us could have had ours by now settling for what we didn't really wanted.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a non sas badlands on order mostly bc it will be my daily driver and I thought the all terrain tires would be better for that. I really want the sas do you think it drives better on the highway?
The SAS is better at tracking straight over the non SAS. Increase in sidewall over the non SAS makes for a less jolting feel over bumps. It's like the SAS is 35psi tires and the non SAS is 80psi, not actually but it feels that way.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's correct, the road, engine (dron) noise is less intrusive. The hard top is going to make a world of difference. 9 month wait on this.
Sound decibels and frequencies are two different measurements. Hence why it sounds different but the sound level hasn't changed.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care who they build for I'm not settling for that soft top. MANY of us could have had ours by now settling for what we didn't really wanted.
I was you until I drove a soft top it wasn't that loud and after seeing how the first hard top did I may go aftermarket anyway. I planned on having both anyway and to date I like fords soft top the best.
Sponsored