Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, do you have any data on the differance from the Gen 1 vs the new Gen 2 version?

I dont think my Gen to has shipped and would prefer the Gen 2.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey, do you have any data on the differance from the Gen 1 vs the new Gen 2 version?

I dont think my Gen to has shipped and would prefer the Gen 2.
There is no Gen 1 or Gen 2. The only one currently available is a larger stock location intercooler. The other one, still in development, is a high mount (non-stock location) intercooler.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no Gen 1 or Gen 2. The only one currently available is a larger stock location intercooler. The other one, still in development, is a high mount (non-stock location) intercooler.
Really, yeah I gathered that when it said it was in development. To be clear... I have their only one available (Gen 1) heading my way. I asked, if they are expecting any better performance or delta with the Gen 2 being developed.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really, yeah I gathered that when it said it was in development. To be clear... I have their only one available (Gen 1) heading my way. I asked, if they are expecting any better performance or delta with the Gen 2 being developed.
Gtrekker, there is no Gen 1 or Gen 2. There is a stock location replacement (which is for sale), and then there is a "high mount" version (which is coming soon) which goes in front of the radiator.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gtrekker, there is no Gen 1 or Gen 2. There is a stock location replacement (which is for sale), and then there is a "high mount" version (which is coming soon) which goes in front of the radiator.
Yeah I get that... Don't use the words Gen 1 or 2, current or in development, etc... LOL

So, my questions was "Are they expecting performance gains, different from the STOCK location intercooler to the HIGH mount version?

I don't care anymore. I have reached out to them directly and waiting response. Thought others may care or be curious if there's a difference. It's too late for me, mine (original location) is arriving today.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I get that... Don't use the words Gen 1 or 2, current or in development, etc... LOL

So, my questions was "Are they expecting performance gains, different from the STOCK location intercooler to the HIGH mount version?

I don't care anymore. I have reached out to them directly and waiting response. Thought others may care or be curious if there's a difference. It's too late for me, mine (original location) is arriving today.

So the best way to differentiate is High-Mount or Low-Mount (at least that's how we refer to them here at the shop most times)

To answer your question about the differences between the two, there are some performance differences, but the main idea between the two intercoolers has more to do with your final build plans. The stock location, or low mount, is aimed at those looking to get some more grunt from their Broncos and need to keep charged air temps in check after a tune.

The High-Mount is aimed more toward those looking to fit a hidden winch or other recovery components that would typically mount where the OEM intercooler currently takes up residence.

That said - here's what we notes for performance gains on the 2.7 with our stock location intercooler:

2.7L Stock Location Dyno Results

We'll have more coming on the high mount from our time on the dyno soon!

Don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions!

-Nick

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the best way to differentiate is High-Mount or Low-Mount (at least that's how we refer to them here at the shop most times)

To answer your question about the differences between the two, there are some performance differences, but the main idea between the two intercoolers has more to do with your final build plans. The stock location, or low mount, is aimed at those looking to get some more grunt from their Broncos and need to keep charged air temps in check after a tune.

The High-Mount is aimed more toward those looking to fit a hidden winch or other recovery components that would typically mount where the OEM intercooler currently takes up residence.

That said - here's what we notes for performance gains on the 2.7 with our stock location intercooler:

-Nick
Nick, can you tell us if the high mount will at least have the same performance as the stock intercooler?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nick, can you tell us if the high mount will at least have the same performance as the stock intercooler?
It does! Because of the shape (larger fin surface area) it actually does some things a little better than the stock location intercooler - for example, heat dissipation, which resulted in a slightly higher bump in bolt-on power on the 2.7L compared to the stock location option. Our stock location does have a larger overall volume and less piping to travel through so its a more ideal option for those looking to push more boost through the system. Again, it all depends on your goal for the your rig

-Nick

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It does! Because of the shape (larger fin surface area) it actually does some things a little better than the stock location intercooler - for example, heat dissipation, which resulted in a slightly higher bump in bolt-on power on the 2.7L compared to the stock location option. Our stock location does have a larger overall volume and less piping to travel through so its a more ideal option for those looking to push more boost through the system. Again, it all depends on your goal for the your rig

-Nick
To clarify, will the stock location Mishimoto intercooler have better HP/TQ gains than the Hi-mount because of the more air pipe volume created with the Hi-Mount relocation? These gains are minimal enough though and for some utilizing the OEM intercooler space for a hidden winch/other purpose could outweigh the performance difference?

Last edited:

Sponsored

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

-Nick
NIck,
Thanks for the response... Damien reached out to me and were good. I don't think I will be doing a winch. But, wIll be curious on the specs and delta when testing is done. My Low mount arrived yesterday. Looking forward to the install.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To clarify, will the stock location Mishimoto intercooler have better HP/TQ gains than the Hi-mount because of the more air pipe volume created with the Hi-Mount relocation? These gains are minimal enough though and for some utilizing the OEM intercooler space for a hidden winch/other purpose could outweigh the performance difference?
Correct, these intercoolers end up at about the same level of performance and we geared them more toward the different needs of the Bronco community. Basically, the idea is that you won't be missing out on performance for choosing one over the other, but rather opting for the intercooler that best suits your rig

they took the page down i'm not sure why
I'll take a look into that!

NIck,
Thanks for the response... Damien reached out to me and were good. I don't think I will be doing a winch. But, wIll be curious on the specs and delta when testing is done. My Low mount arrived yesterday. Looking forward to the install.
Great! Glad to hear it! I'll be sure to give this thread a bump with the high-mount testing data once it's ready to go!

-Nick

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct, these intercoolers end up at about the same level of performance and we geared them more toward the different needs of the Bronco community. Basically, the idea is that you won't be missing out on performance for choosing one over the other, but rather opting for the intercooler that best suits your rig

I'll take a look into that!

Great! Glad to hear it! I'll be sure to give this thread a bump with the high-mount testing data once it's ready to go!

-Nick
Nick @Mishimoto, I am only able to go about 2 weeks before needing a blog hug about this intercooler. Any updates?
Sponsored

Last edited: