First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes please hurry on the high mount! Are you guys doing anything to combat the DTC code for the shutters or they just left unplugged ?
We road tested our intercooler on both of our Broncos and didn't have any CELs appear. You can also, as @Defyfate11 mentioned, pull the motor from your shutters and leave that plugged in

Mishimoto needs to offer a hi-performance radiator as the stock Bronco one is a joke.
That's definitely on our list to evaluate! Are you having overheating issues?

-Nick
Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We road tested our intercooler on both of our Broncos and didn't have any CELs appear. You can also, as @Defyfate11 mentioned, pull the motor from your shutters and leave that plugged in

-Nick
I am not having any heating issues right now, but it is something that I will upgrade in a couple of years when I have nothing else to upgrade. More so for peace of mind. The stock radiator is sufficient for regular duty and while in good working order but once you get some water crossings or some mud going through or sticking to the fins the OEM radiator's performance will greatly diminished. IMHO.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

-Nick
You can’t leave them hanging, the motor constantly moves until it feels resistants, that’s why it sweeps open and close on start up. It’s basically calibrating itself. Unplugging the shutters doesn’t throw a engine light code but it does throw a soft DTC code. I’ve been messing with it the last week. I finally made make shift angle bracket to mimic the rotation stops of the shutters. Ford is getting smarter with the shutters, they are wanting to control intake temps for emissions now on top of mpg.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know for the Whipple Supercharge IC they have you remove the IC shutter assembly and provide you with a new ACC housing. To avoid any DTC the shutter motor is removed and zip tied to the new housing and plugged back in. The motor no longer has shutters installed so it does its thing silently. Probably be what Mishimoto does. Wanted this upgrade so bad, but couldn't wait any longer and got the WSC stage 1 kit. Very happy with the build quality. One day I may upgrade to the High mount really depends on what advantages it has over the stock location mount, how well it performs compared to the WSC IC, and how it may impact engine cooling performance.

Mishimoto needs to offer a hi-performance radiator as the stock Bronco one is a joke.
Defy,
What problems are you having with cooling on the Bronco? I haven't had any climbing around the mountains.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Defy,
What problems are you having with cooling on the Bronco? I haven't had any climbing around the mountains.
No problems with cooling now, just want to make sure that vital system is robust as I can get. Mishimoto makes great aftermarket parts so I would be looking at purchasing a more robust radiator in the future with them. In my opinion the OEM radiator was just enough to handle the thermal heat exchange just like the steering rack and tie rods were just enough to handle the SAS 35"s for street driving and mild off-roading.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a quick bump with some more info on our kit! We're in the midst of some blog renovations, so enjoy the full post right here in the thread:

High Road – 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Performance Intercooler R&D, Part 4 – Bracketry Production Sample

NTR_0016.jpg

While it might not seem like it, any excursion in the Bronco is a team effort. From the driver's seat, you're just manipulating the throttle and steering while generally making smart decisions, but the brigade of electronics, sensors, and hardware supporting the EcoBoost powertrain strapped to this modern off-roading chassis all work in perfect harmony to go over any terrain. Teamwork is, in fact, making the dream work. The same could be said regarding the Bronco's intercooler re-homing process. Our fresh high-mount intercooler design might be the show's star, but it turns into a fancy paperweight without its literal supporting cast.

NTR_0013.jpg

When we last left off, our sleek intercooler was finding its new home behind the Bronco's upper grill, but with the help of our rusty prototypes. After some tweaks and finishing touches, our final bracket set is in the R&D facility and ready for the road.

NT6_3676.jpg

Our driver's side support also includes mounting provisions for our adjustable adaptive cruise control sensor bracket so we can clear the way for a hidden winch without sacrificing creature comforts.

There's no denying it, the improvements to our intercooler make our final design on the heavier side. While the benefits of this intercooler greatly outweigh the added mass, it still needs a robust support system to remain in its new homestead. The basis of this support system starts with steel. Expertly shaped for this application, the base of our bracketry system starts with the intercooler supports. This initial footprint ties directly into the Bronco's radiator support for a sturdy intercooler suspension and provides provisions to reattach the rest of the front end.

NTR_0022.jpg

NT6_3718.jpg

Part of our intercooler relocation process meant clearing the space for the new design, which included ditching the OEM grill shutter assembly. The trouble is that shutter assembly provided mounting points for the front grille and the ever-important headlights. So, to let the Bronco save face, Dan started by incorporating adjustable mounting points for the headlights into the base brackets to ensure they can be re-installed, but done so without sacrificing adjustability. Next, we topped things off with a pair of cross members with OEM matching mounting points for a straightforward and even sturdier front grille installation. Finally, we coated these steel bits in a black micro-wrinkle powder coat to keep our brackets sleek and strong.

NT6_3722-Edit-2.jpg

Teamwork is the show's real star when it comes to the Bronco's intercooling system. The larger core and sleek new end tanks might steal the spotlight, but this intercooler's big move would be a wash without the literal supporting cast of bracketry. So make sure you stick around for more info on the additional aspects of our high-mount intercooler kit, with dyno results coming soon!

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously can't wait for this system to come on sale, my intercooler is anguishing behind my 12k winch.
We're STOKED to get these out to you guys as well! We're manufacturing these intercoolers as we speak and I'll be sure to keep you guys updated as we get closer to our presale.

-Nick

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a quick bump with some more info on our kit! We're in the midst of some blog renovations, so enjoy the full post right here in the thread:

High Road – 2021+ Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Performance Intercooler R&D, Part 4 – Bracketry Production Sample

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread NT6_3722-Edit-2

While it might not seem like it, any excursion in the Bronco is a team effort. From the driver's seat, you're just manipulating the throttle and steering while generally making smart decisions, but the brigade of electronics, sensors, and hardware supporting the EcoBoost powertrain strapped to this modern off-roading chassis all work in perfect harmony to go over any terrain. Teamwork is, in fact, making the dream work. The same could be said regarding the Bronco's intercooler re-homing process. Our fresh high-mount intercooler design might be the show's star, but it turns into a fancy paperweight without its literal supporting cast.

When we last left off, our sleek intercooler was finding its new home behind the Bronco's upper grill, but with the help of our rusty prototypes. After some tweaks and finishing touches, our final bracket set is in the R&D facility and ready for the road.

Our driver's side support also includes mounting provisions for our adjustable adaptive cruise control sensor bracket so we can clear the way for a hidden winch without sacrificing creature comforts.

There's no denying it, the improvements to our intercooler make our final design on the heavier side. While the benefits of this intercooler greatly outweigh the added mass, it still needs a robust support system to remain in its new homestead. The basis of this support system starts with steel. Expertly shaped for this application, the base of our bracketry system starts with the intercooler supports. This initial footprint ties directly into the Bronco's radiator support for a sturdy intercooler suspension and provides provisions to reattach the rest of the front end.

Part of our intercooler relocation process meant clearing the space for the new design, which included ditching the OEM grill shutter assembly. The trouble is that shutter assembly provided mounting points for the front grille and the ever-important headlights. So, to let the Bronco save face, Dan started by incorporating adjustable mounting points for the headlights into the base brackets to ensure they can be re-installed, but done so without sacrificing adjustability. Next, we topped things off with a pair of cross members with OEM matching mounting points for a straightforward and even sturdier front grille installation. Finally, we coated these steel bits in a black micro-wrinkle powder coat to keep our brackets sleek and strong.

Teamwork is the show's real star when it comes to the Bronco's intercooling system. The larger core and sleek new end tanks might steal the spotlight, but this intercooler's big move would be a wash without the literal supporting cast of bracketry. So make sure you stick around for more info on the additional aspects of our high-mount intercooler kit, with dyno results coming soon!

-Nick
Have you been able to tune the radiator fan to move more air or to move air more consistently? I have a high mount winch already. I’m waiting for this as I’ve already damaged my stock intercooler. Just seems we may need a recalibration if the fans to make sure everything stays cool.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you been able to tune the radiator fan to move more air or to move air more consistently? I have a high mount winch already. I’m waiting for this as I’ve already damaged my stock intercooler. Just seems we may need a recalibration if the fans to make sure everything stays cool.
So, there's not much to tune when it comes to fans other than the activation temperature. Depending on how these fans operate you could install a manual fan controller which would give you the ability to adjust the fan activation temperature. Another option would be to upgrade your fan as well with something that pushes more CFM. WE have plenty of options out there currently! Mishimoto Universal Fans

-Nick

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if I missed it in the reading but will it be available in black?

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Guys!

-Nick
Hmmm.... I have your original(?) Intercooler in transit. Is the one above A Gen 2 with high mount brackets or same Intercooler with high mount brackets?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm.... I have your original(?) Intercooler in transit. Is the one above A Gen 2 with high mount brackets or same Intercooler with high mount brackets?
We're making two intercoolers! Our stock location intercoolers are currently shipping, but this high-mount design is still in the development process. This intercooler is specifically designed mount higher up on the front of the Bronco to clear space for other recovery gear

-Nick

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We're STOKED to get these out to you guys as well! We're manufacturing these intercoolers as we speak and I'll be sure to keep you guys updated as we get closer to our presale.

-Nick
Ups guy just dropped mine off at 930pm, weekend bronco project✅
Sponsored