Sponsored

cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. Drop the color tied trims. Who wants a rapid red Bronco with orange interior accents? No one.

2. Set three interior options. Base (cloth/carpet), Mid (MGV/washout floor), High (leather/choice of carpet or washout floor). Make all three available in black, light gray and saddle tan. Make all three available on all trims above Base.
This would have made sense to me, even just either a light or dark interior option in each of cloth, MGV, or leather-trimmed, maybe along with the super-premium saddle tan version.
The two promo interiors (light vinyl and two tone saddle leather) are absolutely gorgeous but they've been ruled out as a possibility for a while. I think these are "too good" lol now with everyones expectations lowered to the bottom of the mariana trench.
If they just offered the two interiors of the reveal Broncos that would satisfy the majority of customers.
I would take this as well, and it would be a tough decision between the two! I really like the light grey MGV idea, almost as if a rogue designer came up with that option after all of the production options were decided.
Its genius if you think about it, they just simplified the production line. 99% Badlands production now ;)
I've been thinking since the reveal that Ford would prefer to push every owner into a 4-door, 2.7 auto, Sasquatch given all the options available there.
And who is the genius that though a gray MIC top was a better option than a black MIC top? We have black fenders, black mirrors, black pillars, black door handles, black bumpers, and then you throw in a GRAY MIC top just for fun?
Similarly, I think Ford was planning to up-charge everyone into the painted shadow black top, and that plan went out the window; that was certainly what I was planning on.
I made my reservation the day after release based on limited Info that I had at the time. I originally reserved OBX, but I will switch to Badlands. I’m guessing there are a lot of people doing the same for various reasons such as price, option packages, and now obviously interior packages.
I hope everyone realizes that they can change trims when ordering, I'm still seeing a few posters that might not know that, and hopefully won't needlessly cancel their reservations.
Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read almost all pages in this thread - like others, I’m bummed. I’m trying to find reasons to stay interested, but seems like the list to walk is getting longer and longer. ?

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If anybody was actually listening, mic gray wouldn't even exist. They'd have mic black, mic white, and painted body color
Agreed. A shiny white top looks out of place, like you swapped with an OJ Bronco. MIC white would look more cohesive with textured cowl, flares, door handles, etc

jodyleigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford hit a home run with the Bronco, but struck out on the color schemes big time. The colors are not coordinated and clash horribly.

The interior two-tone seat colors are absolutely hideous. Yeah, I like navy blue, but not as a car interior. Single tone grays, tans, and blacks...keep it simple!

And who is the genius that though a gray MIC top was a better option than a black MIC top? We have black fenders, black mirrors, black pillars, black door handles, black bumpers, and then you throw in a GRAY MIC top just for fun?

What these color clashes do is take the focus away from a great vehicle and instead put the focus on how a gray MIC top clashes with every other piece of plastic on the vehicle, or how the seats looks like they belong in a kindergarten class instead of a rugged off-road vehicle.
Totally agree! Very disappointed

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normally i would agree but he doesnt have to respond to us on twitter so i genuinely think he will relay the information if he says so. He will at the very least probably fwd the thread and ask whats going on.
I doubt he is personally making those twitter responses. Unlike certain executives I think the CEO of Ford doesn't spend his day on twitter and has assistants that are making those responses for him. I'd imagine they take the input they receive, summarize it, and forward it up to him.

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're honestly all beta testers right now. There must have been a lot of ripples in the company which caused the botch of this launch. I agree with many on here who feel a bit duped in all the "concept", "preproduction" rigs we've seen. Ford went full reverse and pulled a overpromise and way under deliver.

Many of these changes y'all are requesting/tweeting may come prior to launch but will most likely hit the drawing boards for the following model years and we might not see it on actual production models. The reveal like many was a gambit to get us enthusiasts on board and attract new folks - which is great, until the dust settled and it's been months since we got any credible info. For us taking delivery, we'll be the ones doing the marketing for Ford and attracting the new buyers- we might even be the educators to others in showcasing what this vehicle can do/has to offer vs. Other platforms... my hope is when my rig finally gets here I'll have the same excitement I did when I saw the reveal and be able to share it other Bronco Family.

Until we see any changes or get some transparency from Jim and others I don't expect much will happen now till delivery. (I'm hoping they prove me wrong so we can finally have a win like the Mansquatch)?

Ford your move??‍♂

Cmeyers186

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok, so I have been back and forth with my dealer on the roof rack/rails being N/A with Sasquatch. Apparently it is because of GVWR limitations. Which means, Ford is building the Bronco right up to the edge of the legal maximum GVWR and there isn't ANY room to add another pound. Sure, you can add all the after market stuff you want, which will illegally push your vehicle over the GVWR. Did you know you can be ticketed and fined for that? Did you know that if you have an accident with injuries with a vehicle that exceeds its GVWR that you can be criminally charged? This is absolute BS.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is screwed either way at this point since the interior choices got approved this far into the process.

If they are LOCKED in with contracts, material already produced, etc. they will lose money because most people are going to avoid the ugly/weird combos.

If they make a change that will cause delays they will lose money too, but at least they will gain the loyalty and trust of the fan base which they are losing by the day as every disappointing announcement and feature we thought we would have vanishes.

I hope Jim lights a fire under the interior color scheme team and they get creative and come up with a fix that satisfies most of us

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not pleased about only having black as option on BL. Having owned a few convertibles already, my take is that lighter = better for interior color if you plan to actually use it in the sun with the top off/down. Since BL only offers vinyl or leather, that makes it worse. Whoever specced out an all-black environment and black seating surfaces clearly didn't think it through.

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok, so I have been back and forth with my dealer on the roof rack/rails being N/A with Sasquatch. Apparently it is because of GVWR limitations. Which means, Ford is building the Bronco right up to the edge of the legal maximum GVWR and there isn't ANY room to add another pound. Sure, you can add all the after market stuff you want, which will illegally push your vehicle over the GVWR. Did you know you can be ticketed and fined for that? Did you know that if you have an accident with injuries with a vehicle that exceeds its GVWR that you can be criminally charged? This is absolute BS.
I would imagine they are trying to keep the maximum payload capacity possible for towing specs. Sasquatch must eat up a lot of payload.

Sponsored

Cmeyers186

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would imagine they are trying to keep the maximum payload capacity possible for towing specs. Sasquatch must eat up a lot of payload.
I guess....but I just realized that I also cannot add a tow hitch to a 'squatch'd 4dr...

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to the local Ford dealer today to get a first hand look at Rapid. It is beautiful and they have it on a bunch of different models. Definitely looks good. I am strongly considering how I might pull off a Rapid OBX with Navy Pier. Maybe some white pin stripes and I can call it patriotic?

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not pleased about only having black as option on BL. Having owned a few convertibles already, my take is that lighter = better for interior color if you plan to actually use it in the sun with the top off/down. Since BL only offers vinyl or leather, that makes it worse. Whoever specced out an all-black environment and black seating surfaces clearly didn't think it through.
[/QUOTE
I dont know if people have forgot but anything with the bronco torx screws can be swape so the grab handles can be swapped out so people could just swap if they preffed a different axcent colour thats offered on other trims.
Also I did read somewhere there was going to be option to get them in a neutral axcent colour just make its black or grey ford or people wil moan lol.
I have a focus RS in ultimate green which has blue stitching the rest of the interior is the black and grey I love the fact the blue breaks up the colour of the interior.
I do agree that there should be a option for a light covered cloth seats across the range for hot places but people should remember it might show up dirt a lot easie.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is screwed either way at this point since the interior choices got approved this far into the process.

If they are LOCKED in with contracts, material already produced, etc. they will lose money because most people are going to avoid the ugly/weird combos.

If they make a change that will cause delays they will lose money too, but at least they will gain the loyalty and trust of the fan base which they are losing by the day as every disappointing announcement and feature we thought we would have vanishes.

I hope Jim lights a fire under the interior color scheme team and they get creative and come up with a fix that satisfies most of us

Agreed! Honestly, I don't think changes will happen per your point above... I think for us 1st year owners we'll be locked into the options shown. I hope there's some type of change that occurs to make our delivery even better but we'll have to see what Jim decides to do...

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if the leather seats are power seats and heated seats? I cant seem to find that information.
Sponsored