Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just being a smartass here, but Ford didn't think an OBX would get dirty 😂
I'm sure there's some dirt in mall parking lots, and a couple pot-holes for an "off road" experience.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure there's some dirt in mall parking lots, and a couple pot-holes for an "off road" experience.
Serious question. If the OBX has SAS and Advanced 4x4 w/ 4.7 Rear Locking Diff how would it be less capable that any other Bronco (w/o the sway bar disconnect)?

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 xlt bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I couldn't find a good picture but that fishing expedition obx in rapid red has some kind of mud flaps on it. They didn't look like the gator ones.

"Ford built the concepts primarily to show off the accessories that will be available when the Bronco and Bronco Sport begin deliveries. Hence, the Bronco four-door Outer Banks Fishing Guide concept sports a Yakima LockNLoad Platform roof rack, a fishing pole holder and seat perch built around the SUV's fender-mounted trail sights, a Ford Performance modular front bumper and safari bar, a slide-out tailgate, all-weather floor mats, and splash guards."

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 1632887800713

Last edited:

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I measured a 1/2" gap. I ordered these from amazon to see if they will work. If not, they can be returned. I will update when I find out how they work.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 1632887800713

Apparently, a member of B6G owns the company that makes these!
Is there any update on whether or not you got any mud flaps to work?

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
pharden

pharden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm picking up my Outer Banks tomorrow and I was hoping we would have a solution for the mudflaps by now. Living in New England I really need something.

Sponsored

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am debating trimming mine. The post in this thread from 5 December by @j_anderson shows how he trimmed the steps successfully.
Step/Running Board Trim/Splash guard install
I installed the Ford molded flaps on our OBX Squatch but didn’t want to deal with moving the steps so cut them to fit over the step and along the flares. I was following a post where someone did the same thing for rock rails.

If you’re careful and trim multiple times you can get it to fit quite tight. Ours isn’t great but isn’t horrible. Got it pretty tight to the step but could have done better with the line along the flare. The important part is that it allows us to drive without tearing up the paint until the aftermarket comes up with a proper solution that doesn’t cost $600. Also installed the rears which just required re-drilling 3 holes on each flap and drilling 2 new holes in the plastic bumper on each side.

I might just put a separate post up since people are still posting looking for a solution.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks image