Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi folks,

I’m on my second Bronco. My first was a 2021 Wildtrak that was totaled, and the second is a 2022 in identical spec (different color).

I picked up the second one used, with 300 miles (seller delivered to me, about 200 miles away) and it’s had a musty smell inside since I got it.

I tried an air freshener but can’t stand the look of traditional ones. I also have gone over everything and don’t believe there are any leaks in the hardtop. Carpets and all weather mats are dry everywhere, as is all glass and plastic.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone found a remedy? I’ve had the car detailed and it was better but seems to come back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
X JBM X

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was the seller an ex NFL star? With some movie experience?
Not sure what the reference is here, but no. I’ve had the car a year.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the seller left it with the top off in the rain or something? Look under the seats for any surprises? Did you ask the seller - Some people will be upfront if they're aware of something that could be the issue. Fact is, he's sold the Bronco - So even if he said he kept his pet turtle in the Bronco for a year, there's not much you can do about it.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Vehicle is the wrong color anyways. Your good. Stink is from something else. Where (area) did the car come from?

OP
OP
X JBM X

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guy bought it and parked it for 3 weeks. In Vermont.
I picked it up last august, and I’ve ripped most of the interior apart installing things… still no idea.
Oh, and the first was race red, which I prefer. But I wasn’t going to wait another 18 months ordering another and just went with a local one that had the rest of what I wanted… cyber orange has grown on me tho

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Serious post (others know what my first post was about) I would get a bucket of damprid and put that in there for a day or two. Seriously, that stuff worked wonders when I had a boat in FL and the high and dry left it outside during renovations and didn't tell me. ;)

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, that's OK. Just me trying to make a joke ;)

Sometimes I do that. I can be a bit crazy. Maybe not as crazy as the person I referenced, though. Personally, I just like dropping hints. Simply put, I love riddles. On that note, I hope you are following along, as there is a clue to my joke in this very post. Now I have to move on. Salude!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Storage area in the back holding water or top leaking?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Guy bought it and parked it for 3 weeks. In Vermont.
I picked it up last august, and I’ve ripped most of the interior apart installing things… still no idea.
Oh, and the first was race red, which I prefer. But I wasn’t going to wait another 18 months ordering another and just went with a local one that had the rest of what I wanted… cyber orange has grown on me tho
CO is a great color. I was referring to the color of vehicle the NFL / movie star prefers. Anyways that is what my Badlands was going to be before Ford ran out of it 🤷‍♂️ . I switched to a RR Heritage.

Back to the problem at hand (or nose). I agree with the damprid suggestion, works wonders in boats stored outdoors during the winter.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have you checked the cabin air filter to see if it got wet or to see if something is growing on it?
This is what I came to say. Some funk in your cabin air filter will cause a musty smell no matter how clean the rest of the car is.

OP
OP
X JBM X

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok. Ordered damprid.

I have not changed the cabin filter but I did just purchase some on prime day for this very reason.

and enjoy the rr heritage.
I’ve never felt old before trying to use this forum on a phone. Oy.

Dieseldaddy66

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1960 Ranchero, 1988 Mustang, 1991 F150, 2004 Explo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seen customers's vehicles get a musty smell when the owners run the a/c all the time and don't run fresh air through the vents ever. The evaporator collects mold on the fins because it doesn't get dried out. Pull the cabin air filter out and you can then spray Lysol on the evaporator. That usually works.
Sponsored