Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I don't think I even saw the clip until recently - only heard about something related to rear end collision. It just wasn't something I cared enough about to check on - I was buying a Bronco no matter what. I hate the internet sometimes.

Sorta wonder if it wasn't some kind of attempted hit job.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Holy cow the glass didn’t even break.
Glad she is ok

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah, I don't think I even saw the clip until recently - only heard about something related to rear end collision. It just wasn't something I cared enough about to check on - I was buying a Bronco no matter what. I hate the internet sometimes.

Sorta wonder if it wasn't some kind of attempted hit job.
It was just a general simulator. There are videos of all kinds of different vehicles. I think the bronco vid got traction because the videos came out shortly after the launch and it was shocking how much the "bronco" crumpled...

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh, nothing specific. Just word of mouth - headlines here and there. But...I guess that can happen with secondhand information.
You're seeing or hearing about the fake crash test on some video game that looks real...a guy I work with brought it up to me saying he would never buy one cause of that...I laughed it off....these things are tanks.

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're seeing or hearing about the fake crash test on some video game that looks real...a guy I work with brought it up to me saying he would never buy one cause of that...I laughed it off....these things are tanks.
Always funny when people say they'll never buy something they were never going to buy anyway. Had a friend tell me the same thing, but like... he's too in love with his Lexus.

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Always funny when people say they'll never buy something they were never going to buy anyway.
Very true...when he brought it up to me ..I pulled the video up on internet and it showed a bronco getting crushed by a cement truck! The bronco pancaked however the hardtop survived ironically!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So glad she is ok. Worry about mine everyday. Someone can turn that wrecked that into a true off-roader.

Obeh4ve

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBA Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am shocked! I expected it to be folded in half. Yeah, how terrifying do her. Glad she's OK. Now for trauma therapy.
So very true. My wife was rear ended years ago. She went from someone that loved to drive and was good at it to someone that doesn't like to drive and is constantly afraid when she does. The little sh** that hit her had a new BMW a week later. I think many bad thoughts about that kid.

Skunkape24

Everglades
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Tacoma TRD PreRunner, 2018 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

A coworker showed me the same video and asked me why am I buying a Bronco pancake? I told him it was because I have always liked Broncos and maple syrup, so it just makes sense,...... he just laughed.

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good thing she's okay. 🙏

Looks like it held up pretty well.

And the vulture in me is wondering if it could be parted out.... I'd love those Eruption Green paint-matched flares. My OBX has the Sasquatch package, so Ford kept them... Granted they gave me the SAS flares, but I wanted my painted OBX ones. 😢

Anyway, just putting that out there... 🤓

Bronco_Skillz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMG_9606.jpeg

My 17 year old daughter was broad sided by a Pathfinder going 50 mph. She walked away with a small scrape on her arm. It’s amazing how much damage the impact caused and for her to not be harmed. The Bronco is a total loss.
wow, I guess I should keep my doors on. I’m glad everyone was okay

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Airbags to the rescue, glad for your daughter OP.

There are some good BeamNG posts here on the forum. I thought they were hilarious and well worth a few mins watch. Try this thread. On a loosely related note - my company makes software to do this type of simulation with real world materials, geometry and physics and we can get results very close to the actual tests. I've posted on this here.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at the IIHS crash testing before purchase and it was “good” in everything except the headlights and drivers footwell. Which were both “marginal”. It scored significantly better than the wrangler (which rolled in 2 of the current IIHS tests I think it was). Which crash tests did you see were poor?
In his defense that first thing I also thought of was "dang, considering the reviews on crash testing, it held up well for a 50mph Pathfinder". I have also come across several articles in the past regarding the "horrible" crash test ratings. My brother has even sent me articles poking fun (he's a Toyota nut) about how "unsafe" the Bronco is. There out there for sure. Reading some of the other posts it seems like some of them have been "fabricated" or "simulated". I have no idea. I was keeping the Bronco even with a bad crash test rating. Big gulps.
Sponsored