Sponsored

My dealer says Bronco order banks will not be opening until 2024 MY.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know how it was communicated to dealers, but that sounds like it may be correct. One of my buddies used to be a Zone Manager, and I used to be able to connect the dots between the internal information and the dealer communications, but unfortunately he was one of those that was laid off in August when Ford completely reorganized that department. I know three other people still at Ford but none of them are on the dealer side of the business, so I don’t get the dealer viewpoint anymore. (Therefore, you are no longer allowed to take a vacation from this forum. ;))

But there was a presentation provided to dealers in early December with rough production capacities by trim. Showed that Wildtrak was over capacity, while BL, BD, and Base were at/approaching capacity.

To be clear, I don’t know anyone on the Bronco brand team or at MAP. But if that’s the data your projections are providing, then it doesn’t make sense to open order banks for 2023MY in my opinion.
Gotcha. I know there're some dealers that get inside info from their ZMs well before there's an official announcement. I'm not one of those dealers and my ZM barely responds to emails for basic info so there's a lot of reading between the lines on sales stuff. If my "allocation" for SD, Bronco and Maverick are any indication of their capacity, it doesn't look good. Also makes me wonder if they already know commodity restrictions for they year but aren't communicating it because it would be more egg on the face.

The PDF I was referencing basically said no Base orEG production from March to September and the optional BL wheels are balanced out. This tells me they know something.
Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if this is the “good news” that @Zach@Granger has been alluding to in his posts in the Granger thread? Ford committing to building all of the outstanding 2020 orders before opening order banks back up certainly would be good news.
I don't believe that is accurate from what I've heard. I anticipate 2023 retail orders opening in February or March from what I've been told. Nothing official yet.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ahh this is insane, with respect to all those out there who have been waiting on their builds. I just missed the order banks last March. Then it was start of August, then end of August, then mid-September, then end of September, then November, then “possibly before Christmas,” then “ford will announce by end of Q4” and now this. I really do want a Bronco but if this is what it’s like pre-ordering, then I’ve way underestimated what everyone else is going through who DO have an order, and I’ve been reading these forums constantly.

This would be my first Ford and I’m honestly super super disappointed at what I’ve seen so far. Even if MY23 orders opened and they don’t have a schedule “start build” date for another 6 months, at least that’s SOME information. With Q4 ending tomorrow and then failing to honor an announcement by then, corporate closed this week (I’d assume) perhaps they’ll announce something in early January… one can hope.
If true, you may find a BB or OB on the dealer lots faster than any order would be built. Dealers will try to add locking rears when they can too.

Even if Ford opens the order banks for MY24, it won't be the free for all with all mods available like the last time; causing all of this mess. No it'll be a short controlled time frame with a set amount of orders, like the recent Maverick order banks. And the [shady] dealers will be trying to get orders too.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume you're talking about the email sent out from the sales reps with the attachment "National Controls Ford GFB (February 2023)? I assuming the dealer comments in the OPs first post is based on the side notes on EG, Base and BL optional wheels? I have not heard or seen anything official about no new scheduling but assume others have through the grapevine and is the only logical thing to do since we're still fighting commodity problems.
Would not be first time Ford started a model year a year ahead - think the original Mustang, for example. Order banks for MY24 could open in Feb 23 for April 23 delivery of MY24 vehicles (But as we have seen delivery of a 24 will absolutely not happen until CY24 at best)

I wonder if this is the “good news” that @Zach@Granger has been alluding to in his posts in the Granger thread? Ford committing to building all of the outstanding 2020 orders before opening order banks back up certainly would be good news.
There were no orders able to be placed in 2020, only reservations. Order banks for first year (2021) did not open until 2021 https://fordauthority.com/2021/01/2021-ford-bronco-order-banks-officially-open-up-on-january-20/

I was there.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The reality is that this was the first mass custom order operation for Ford. Until now you could special order but it was the exception, not the norm. Obviously it failed. Part in due to the pandemic but that just masked (see what I did there?) the complete failure of Ford not being able to manage customization at this scale.

I could enumerate the multiple other factors (like too many options) but in the end they need to get someone smarter to think this through. Let your operations folks set what can be done and not your marketing (and merchandising) folks. As someone who has done mass customization at scale you better be smart about it or you will lose customer confidence.
Fords hands were tied when supply chains were disrupted. All of those options were already planned at launch and then bam, constraints from suppliers. This is not a complete failure by Ford.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would not be first time Ford started a model year a year ahead - think the original Mustang, for example. Order banks for MY24 could open in Feb 23 for April 23 delivery of MY24 vehicles (But as we have seen delivery of a 24 will absolutely not happen until CY24 at best)

There were no orders able to be placed in 2020, only reservations. Order banks for first year (2021) did not open until 2021 https://fordauthority.com/2021/01/2021-ford-bronco-order-banks-officially-open-up-on-january-20/

I was there.
I hope they don't do that because it would absolutely be chaos and unneeded. Dealers are going to take orders and lead people to believe they're going to get built, "any time now", just to try and get a sale. There's no PR or business case to be made at this point to open the banks until the backlog is down to less than 20% or scheduling no further out than 6 weeks. Again, all of this depends on commodities and if they're going to start restricting some of the options to certain models. There's plenty of demand that when the bank opens they'll have all the orders they need or want so better to try and manage the flow in a position to go from order to production in 8 weeks rather than 8 months. Notice I didn't say order to delivery since the second part is outside of Ford's direct involvement.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fords hands were tied when supply chains were disrupted. All of those options were already planned at launch and then bam, constraints from suppliers. This is not a complete failure by Ford.
Yes and No. Ford and many others made the decision to send all this stuff overseas. Took a lot of good paying jobs from the U.S. They made a lot of money and didn't prepare for any of these issues. How can you have all of your chips made overseas, etc.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that supply chain issues were a major factor. But I suspect that even without the pandemic that Ford was not prepared for the demand and would have still had constraints if those issues weren’t there. For example the hard top constraints weren’t caused by the pandemic but magnified by it.

Ford still had too many options for a full custom program. They thought they could take orders in early 2020 and start production immediately. The only way to do that is to have an oversupply of components to meet any combination.

Hindsight still remains undefeated.:p

Brettlil17

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s gonna be fun times when people order new builds in feb of 23 and start receiving their orders in summer of 23 while the rest of us is still stuck in purgatory for months/years…..

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s gonna be fun times when people order new builds in feb of 23 and start receiving their orders in summer of 23 while the rest of us is still stuck in purgatory for months/years…..
Precisely this. Most people understand and have no issue waiting. But to say there is a parts shortage, for example to build a Badlands Bronco, then turn around and build a brand new order over the Badlands reserved 2 1/2 years ago is where the issue is. Best to just halt new Badlands orders until mostly caught up.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The initial reservation $100 went to Ford. I don’t think I even knew which dealer at that point. Then again that was two years ago…
You may want to take a closer look at your credit card statement. That hundo went to the dealer you or Ford selected based on zip code.

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gotcha. I know there're some dealers that get inside info from their ZMs well before there's an official announcement. I'm not one of those dealers and my ZM barely responds to emails for basic info so there's a lot of reading between the lines on sales stuff. If my "allocation" for SD, Bronco and Maverick are any indication of their capacity, it doesn't look good. Also makes me wonder if they already know commodity restrictions for they year but aren't communicating it because it would be more egg on the face.

The PDF I was referencing basically said no Base orEG production from March to September and the optional BL wheels are balanced out. This tells me they know something.
My Base 2 door has finally been 02’d, but it look like it won’t go for at least 6 more months.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Long thread here so this may have already mentioned...but the rumored order banks opening again in Feb/Mar could mean MY24 by the time Ford is ready to build these orders anyway (particularly the higher-optioned builds). I wouldn't call it a non-story but in many ways it aligns to the timing required to assemble, etc.

There are SO MANY Base/BigBend/BlackDiamond available now across the US that it's pretty easy to get one of those. It's the OB/BL/WT with High/Lux or Sas/HOSS that are the issue now. I've been waiting over a year because of the V6/Sas/Hardtop in my order and switching to a 23 WT (HOSS) didn't exactly help accelerate the process for me.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The initial reservation $100 went to Ford. I don’t think I even knew which dealer at that point. Then again that was two years ago…
You had to pick a dealer when you reserved. I cancelled 2 reservations and got my money back both times from the dealer.