stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to sign up just now after lurking this place for the past however many years so I could share...

My dealer took my $100 earlier this week. Said I was "in" for a priority order. Not sure if I was scammed but there you have it.

Thanks to all who have contributed here. We're almost there, guys!
Sponsored

ChrisMig

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4 Tremor, 2007 Roush 427R Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
New here - wondering if i should be communicating with a dealer at all before hand. I don't really have a go-to Ford dealer, just sort of waiting to put my reservation in on Monday at ford.com.

What are you all doing?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had to sign up just now after lurking this place for the past however many years so I could share...

My dealer took my $100 earlier this week. Said I was "in" for a priority order. Not sure if I was scammed but there you have it.

Thanks to all who have contributed here. We're almost there, guys!
Ford website reservations get built before dealer orders.

I would be shocked if a car salesperson was being less than truthful. /s

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
First time caller - long time listener........
I just had the thought that I have been on a forum reading 1,000's of posts for months ..... but all the different profiles were just one person.
That sounds like the short story The Egg by Anthony Weir! (He wrote The Martian)

New here - wondering if i should be communicating with a dealer at all before hand. I don't really have a go-to Ford dealer, just sort of waiting to put my reservation in on Monday at ford.com.

What are you all doing?
My understanding is pre order to secure your place in line, and then you can worry about a dealership later. The pre order is valid at any ford dealer.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What are you all doing?
I personally don't care for the couple of Ford dealers near me. I've had both good and back experiences with all 4 of them. So I'll probably do the reserve on Ford.com and worry about a true dealer selection just before I place my order in December. Maybe even check out our resident Bronco Dealer on this forum.. Not sure how it works if 1 dealer is looking to order up like 5k Bronco's right off the bat though.. maybe someone can explain?

Sponsored

ChrisMig

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 FX4 Tremor, 2007 Roush 427R Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I personally don't care for the couple of Ford dealers near me. I've had both good and back experiences with all 4 of them. So I'll probably do the reserve on Ford.com and worry about a true dealer selection just before I place my order in December. Maybe even check out our resident Bronco Dealer on this forum.. Not sure how it works if 1 dealer is looking to order up like 5k Bronco's right off the bat though.. maybe someone can explain?
Ah, we're both in Jersey so maybe we can pick a good dealer together. I'm in Monmouth County

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ah, we're both in Jersey so maybe we can pick a good dealer together. I'm in Monmouth County
Let me know if you have any good ones down there. I'm in Hunterdon County.
I've literally got in an argument with Fullerton (so they are out), Ditchsman can be ok, depends on who I get. Milham (Pa.) I've had decent luck with, and a long time ago Fred Beans gave me an awesome deal.. but not so great next time around.

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will probably use Swope Ford in Elizabethtown, KY bought from them before and was happy. I don't live near them now but its hard to find a good dealership and I do like to take trips back to Kentucky.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the iPhone X was coming out I had to order it through my company (company phone). I was anxious because the phone went on sale at 3AM EST and like any new iPhone, they are backordered for months upon initial release. A difference of a few minutes when ordering could be a difference of several weeks before getting your phone. Since I was unable to order the phone myself I was worried I'd be waiting months since I knew whoever was ordering it wasn't staying up till 3 like I was going to. When I asked about this, our Verizon Wireless business rep assured me they'd be placing all the orders right away and to not worry. (What a bunch of bologna) Good news is they ordered it right when it went on sale. Bad news is they ordered it as soon as they could..... meaning the next morning when they got into work. This was around 10:00 AM. My order receipt was emailed and I was looking at a 2 month lead time on my iPhone. (yippy! /s)

The reason I'm telling you this is I worry that these dealers might be doing the same thing. They could simply be taking your information and just entering it into the system themselves. While you may get one of THEIR first Broncos you might find yourself sitting longer than others who reserve at 8 PM on Monday night. There is no guarantee these dealers are going to enter your information right at 8 to secure a spot in the queue. If Chrispy chimes in and says dealerships have priority or something along those lines then sure, go for it! I just know, with a purchase of this magnitude I would never put it in the hands of others.

Best of luck!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the iPhone X was coming out I had to order it through my company (company phone). I was anxious because the phone went on sale at 3AM EST and like any new iPhone, they are backordered for months upon initial release. A difference of a few minutes when ordering could be a difference of several weeks before getting your phone. Since I was unable to order the phone myself I was worried I'd be waiting months since I knew whoever was ordering it wasn't staying up till 3 like I was going to. When I asked about this, our Verizon Wireless business rep assured me they'd be placing all the orders right away and to not worry. (What a bunch of bologna) Good news is they ordered it right when it went on sale. Bad news is they ordered it as soon as they could..... meaning the next morning when they got into work. This was around 10:00 AM. My order receipt was emailed and I was looking at a 2 month lead time on my iPhone. (yippy! /s)

The reason I'm telling you this is I worry that these dealers might be doing the same thing. They could simply be taking your information and just entering it into the system themselves. While you may get one of THEIR first Broncos you might find yourself sitting longer than others who reserve at 8 PM on Monday night. There is no guarantee these dealers are going to enter your information right at 8 to secure a spot in the queue. If Chrispy chimes in and says dealerships have priority or something along those lines then sure, go for it! I just know, with a purchase of this magnitude I would never put it in the hands of others.

Best of luck!
I think people are overestimating just how many people are going to follow through with their reservation for a day 1 order. Especially because Ford will likely have some prioritization on day 1 orders, namely for the higher trim models to get them out and viewable. Especially the first edition model. so if you are reserving and put in your order for a first edition, you'll likely get towards the front of the line, even if you put in your order a bit late. The people at the front of the line will be celebrities and youtube personalities, even if they don't 'reserve' until right before the order books open in the late fall/winter.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt any dealer would be getting 5k units. There are roughly 3k Ford dealers in the U S. If they each got 10, that would be close to 1/6 of the years production.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi guys, I’m new here and recently decided to go with Bronco over the new Defender. It’s a cool Bronco, body on frame, and no independent suspension because this thing will get dirty!

Because I’ve purchased a few high demand cars before, just a word of caution as others have shared on pre-ordering, etc. if a dealer Knows you “have to have” a certain vehicle and it’s not negotiable, they are less likely to negotiate. I won’t be buying until next summer anyway, but I also don’t want to see any of you guys get fleeced, since you all are now about to be my new online car buddies. :).

If you must have it first, I get that. You already know you’ll pay through the nose to be first. However, if you want one and can be patient by 3-5 months, the fleecing will slow. Ford plans to crank out 200,000 of these or so per year, they’ll be everywhere. If you’ll be getting a higher end off-road trim like I will, you really will need some patience. Those option parts tend to be more scarce than the actual vehicles. The mud tires, steel bumpers, etc will be in low supply I imagine.

Even if I can’t secure until next fall, that may work. I’m working from home these days for likely the next 8-12 months anyway.

Good luck guys! Excited about this truck.
Sponsored