Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
awesome thanks for sharing, great to see in their natural habitat
very jealous

question though - did you feel the tranny was going to explode and die a fiery death?
If you didn't understand the context of this string.....and only read this comment....lmao

Just sayin.....

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted to put this topic up after attending the first dealer preview.

First, the setting was perfect for demonstrating all of the off road technology and driving techniques. To say my opinion of the bronco was met would be a lie because it blewall expectations out of the water.

Our instructors/guides (Ben & Greg)did an incredible job of explaining what technology to use depending on the obstacle or terrain. Power in all models and engines was crazy good. No issues on the trails with lack of muscle, period.

May of us had expectations of the Sport shattered as well. We were doing switchback “forest service trail roads” at 25mph and the damn thing glued itself to the course.

The bigs drove great, far better than expected. Comfortable for my 225 6’1” sack of flesh with room to spare. Oh, and did I mention power?

Hopefully others will add to this with pics and vids.

If you have the ability to attend one of these absolutely do it experienced off-roader or not. Even if you never plan to go off the pavement.

Ford Bronco My experience from Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin dealer preview, with pics & videos Screenshot_20210511-180207_Chrome

Ford Bronco My experience from Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin dealer preview, with pics & videos Screenshot_20210511-180207_Chrome

Added videos by @flip

The view over that square hood is awesome.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a 2021 Ranger Tremor yesterday to hold me over until the Bronco finally comes. The 2.3L is quite a quick little engine. If it responds that well in the Bronco, there will be a lot of happy people out there. I am excited for the 2.7 I have ordered!

The only thing I can say other than that is it is quite quick to buck. Just a tappy tap tap on the accelerator and she bucks. Not a smooth acceleration so far, but my other ride is an Audi so maybe my expectations are just in need of adjustment.

The Tremor is "light duty" compared to the Bronco, but still tore up the dirt roads and trails today like a champ. I think we are all in for quite the treat.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My heart melts watching my bronco run this course. 2 door wildtrak cyber orange. I got the lovely sin top MIC though. Either way, damn is that a sexy beast....thanks for the pics and videos OP

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was absolutely effortless. Plenty of power and control. Not sure many of us were prepared for how good these things were going to be.
My dealer said even the sport impressed him, but the big boi was champ. He used the word "effortless" as well.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So @flip I assume you're going to set up a small course close to the dealership to let your order holders (me) try out your demo when you get it? 🤞🙏😂

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First, the setting was perfect for demonstrating all of the off road technology and driving techniques. To say my opinion of the bronco was met would be a lie because it blewall expectations out of the water.

Our instructors/guides (Ben & Greg)did an incredible job of explaining what technology to use depending on the obstacle or terrain. Power in all models and engines was crazy good. No issues on the trails with lack of muscle, period.

May of us had expectations of the Sport shattered as well. We were doing switchback “forest service trail roads” at 25mph and the damn thing glued itself to the course.

The bigs drove great, far better than expected. Comfortable for my 225 6’1” sack of flesh with room to spare. Oh, and did I mention power?

If you have the ability to attend one of these absolutely do it experienced off-roader or not. Even if you never plan to go off the pavement.

Ford Bronco My experience from Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin dealer preview, with pics & videos images.jpe

Ford Bronco My experience from Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin dealer preview, with pics & videos images.jpe

Added videos by @flip

Did you get to drive?
How do you turn on one pedal?
Thanks

rpscntry1

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

B86A4AC7-957F-4A4A-978F-7570BDC69B4B.jpeg

572F917D-972E-4DEE-ACB2-4EF6B4F6B3D3.jpeg

7C6762E3-BD00-4C7C-B820-49AED6CFFD67.jpeg

1F6A8D1F-0C14-4430-BB5E-2C4FD39B6632.jpeg

BF55CB6C-380A-4DDE-B97F-E07F03FC51F8.jpeg

B90126C5-95A6-4ED9-A9FB-F27E56BB7F25.jpeg

Added videos by @flip

Added videos by @flip

Thanks for sharing. I'm just less than an hour south of that park! I'm so excited for it to finally open. Although I don't know when I'm getting my 4dr BL, 2.7L, Squatch, hardtop with a tow package........fml!! Lol

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty sure it's the logos you can find on the website.

https://broncooffroadeo.com/locations/moab

I figured they were but I didn’t know if they say something unique and like maybe it says “I attended the Bronco Off Roadeo (insert location)” and we get a sticker we can put on our own Bronco. That also gets me thinking and hoping maybe they’ll make a grill badge of Velcro patch to put on our headliner, like Bronco Nation is doing.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get to drive?
How do you turn on one pedal?
Thanks
I was not in the vehicle when they were discussing that and slightly out of earshot. We did use trail assist which allows you to set a certain descent speed and the vehicle does all but steer for you. Very cool. The instructors had the driver in the manual bronco turn on rock crawl and it worked for what he was going up. Again, after seeing, I mean smelling what happened, it would be hard for me to recommend a manual trans. That said, for normal driving manual would be an OK choice if you like ripping gears.
Sponsored

Last edited: