First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I were at a Ford dealership earlier this year...she made the mistake of pointing at a 4D 6g and saying, "What's that? It looks pretty cool".
Enjoy your Bronco! Did you save money in your budget for all the add-ons and customizations that you're going to want to do? :LOL:
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Bronco have an issue throwing rocks and chipping the door paint? Or is the primary reason for mudflaps just for the mud spray?
The Goodyears (on Sasquatch and Wildtrack) are known to throw rocks. My KO2s don't. I just got front flaps for off-roading. Some have said the Goodyears stop flicking rocks by 10K miles.

OP
OP
De1taE1even

De1taE1even

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Goodyears (on Sasquatch and Wildtrack) are known to throw rocks. My KO2s don't. I just got front flaps for off-roading. Some have said the Goodyears stop flicking rocks by 10K miles.
Good to know, thanks. I'm perfectly fine with mud spray, but the last thing I want is a bunch of rock chips in the door.

Once the goodyears have worn down, I might replace them with KO2's. BFG AT's have long been a favorite of mine, since way back in my truck accessory employment days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
De1taE1even

De1taE1even

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Enjoy your Bronco! Did you save money in your budget for all the add-ons and customizations that you're going to want to do? :LOL:
Haha, yeah I've started a loose tally. Hard top and Katzkins are all I have so far, other than the husky liners that arrived today. It'll be a while before I can justify any kind of suspension/performance modifications to my wife.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, yeah I've started a loose tally. Hard top and Katzkins are all I have so far, other than the husky liners that arrived today. It'll be a while before I can justify any kind of suspension/performance modifications to my wife.
Oh, you can create a long list without even getting to suspension or performance mods! Maybe you want some nice rubber mats, a cargo area mat, seat back covers, center console and/or glove compartment organizers? Grab handles for above the doors (forget the paracord ones, go for the nice aluminum ones :)). How about a shorty antenna or hydraulic hood supports? A little cover for the rear window defroster wiring? Roof rack? A foot support that attaches to the door jamb latch to help you get stuff on/off the roof? All that off-road recovery equipment (kinetic rope, tow strap, soft shackles, maybe a shovel). Air compressor, tire deflators. Mini antenna? That tailgate table would be cool. And a whole lot more... :LOL:

Sponsored
OP
OP
De1taE1even

De1taE1even

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh, you can create a long list without even getting to suspension or performance mods! Maybe you want some nice rubber mats, a cargo area mat, seat back covers, center console and/or glove compartment organizers? Grab handles for above the doors (forget the paracord ones, go for the nice aluminum ones :)). How about a shorty antenna or hydraulic hood supports? A little cover for the rear window defroster wiring? Roof rack? A foot support that attaches to the door jamb latch to help you get stuff on/off the roof? All that off-road recovery equipment (kinetic rope, tow strap, soft shackles, maybe a shovel). Air compressor, tire deflators. Mini antenna? That tailgate table would be cool. And a whole lot more... :LOL:
It never ends!!
Luckily some of your list is already taken care of. Rubber mats ordered, grab handles are already there (just the paracord ones), shorty antenna, and I have a LOT of road recovery equipment since I already have a SxS. Some of it I could transfer, other stuff I'd want a duplicate.

Onestepmore

Badlands
First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Bronco have an issue throwing rocks and chipping the door paint? Or is the primary reason for mudflaps just for the mud spray?
I suspect you have the same tires I have with the sasquatch package...those tires throw rocks like crazy and sounds like bullets bouncing off the inner fender wells...those same rocks will eat your lower door paint to pieces if you drive at any speed over 20mph....

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They do throw rocks, particularly if they have the Sasquatch package. Those Goodyears pick up more rocks than a front end loader in a rock quarry!

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welcome to the velocity blue club. Looks just like mine👌

My wife and I were at a Ford dealership earlier this year, looking to trade in my F150 for a Superduty for better towing. We've also been looking around at the eventual replacement of her vehicle. As we were looking at the trucks on the lot, she made the mistake of pointing at a 4D 6g and saying "What's that? It looks pretty cool". In the famous words of Mike Goldberg, "It's aaaaaaaaaaaall over!!!" Joke aside, I was surprised, but excited, because a Bronco fits our needs perfectly, I just didn't think it'd be something she'd be interested in.

I grew up riding in my Dad's 3g 351. I LOVED that thing. I'm still mad at him for selling it! It's pretty hard to compare a 3g to these new 6g's, but the nostalgic factor is still there for me. Once I got wife approval (since technically this is her vehicle), we started window shopping Broncos, and recently found a "used" 2023 Wildtrak with only 2100 miles on it. Well, an afternoon and a bit of haggling later, she's all ours. We're looking forward to the fun!

It was also fun convincing the salesman not to detail the exterior. The last 1/2 mile of our road is basically an offroad trail full of huge potholes and ruts filled with mud and water, so it is a waste of the dealership's time (it was already pretty clean). For context, there was no dirt on it when we left the dealership. :)

Sponsored

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife and I were at a Ford dealership earlier this year, looking to trade in my F150 for a Superduty for better towing. We've also been looking around at the eventual replacement of her vehicle. As we were looking at the trucks on the lot, she made the mistake of pointing at a 4D 6g and saying "What's that? It looks pretty cool". In the famous words of Mike Goldberg, "It's aaaaaaaaaaaall over!!!" Joke aside, I was surprised, but excited, because a Bronco fits our needs perfectly, I just didn't think it'd be something she'd be interested in.

I grew up riding in my Dad's 3g 351. I LOVED that thing. I'm still mad at him for selling it! It's pretty hard to compare a 3g to these new 6g's, but the nostalgic factor is still there for me. Once I got wife approval (since technically this is her vehicle), we started window shopping Broncos, and recently found a "used" 2023 Wildtrak with only 2100 miles on it. Well, an afternoon and a bit of haggling later, she's all ours. We're looking forward to the fun!

It was also fun convincing the salesman not to detail the exterior. The last 1/2 mile of our road is basically an offroad trail full of huge potholes and ruts filled with mud and water, so it is a waste of the dealership's time (it was already pretty clean). For context, there was no dirt on it when we left the dealership. :)

b1.jpeg
Well done. They owe you Ford Pass Points for passing on the detail.

TailChaser

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eh, blue, they get stuck easier. Sorry man. This comes from extensive experience. Blue ones flop around stuck all over while the green ones pull them out.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my wife learned her lesson...she no longer points out things she thinks are "cool"

Flying Skunks

Badlands
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

b1.jpeg
Congratulations on the ride . My wife and I Both have Broncos, and we live 4.2 miles down what can be a Very nasty road when it's wet . Living in the Sunshine State , we invested in Rokblokz XL Longs mud flaps . And they work Very well , and would keep 80%+ off the sides .
Sponsored