First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order was initially placed in December 2021.
I would think you should be protected from the mid year increase. Which is the big one.

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not a reservation holder. The ford rep referenced an order change on 1/26/2022 (obviously before the MSRP change) as the reason I wasnā€™t protected. According to ford as long as the order wasnt altered after 3/7/2022 I should have been protected.
You probably had MY21 price protection which was for orders reserved and placed back on the 3/16/21 cut off.

ā€˜Retailā€™ price protection is stating that everyone who has a reservation prior to 3/7/22 and doesnā€™t change it after 3/7/22 will retain MY22 pricing (which is the current pricing) as long as your Bronco is delivered this calendar year.

It sounds like you had MY21 price protection and then changed your order which canceled that. When did you originally place the reservation and first order?

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would think you should be protected from the mid year increase. Which is the big one.
Me too. I lay no claim to the 2021->2022 increase but the statement is crystal clear on the 2022->mid2022 increase.

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You probably had MY21 price protection which was for orders reserved and placed back on the 3/16/21 cut off.

ā€˜Retailā€™ price protection is stating that everyone who has a reservation prior to 3/7/22 and doesnā€™t change it after 3/7/22 will retain MY22 pricing (which is the current pricing) as long as your Bronco is delivered this calendar year.

It sounds like you had MY21 price protection and then changed your order which canceled that. When did you originally place the reservation and first order?
I stated the order was placed 12/2022 on model year 2022 pricing. This scenario is clearly laid out in the FAQ.

Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Order was initially placed in December 2021.
Okay I think I understand whatā€™s going on then. Dealers have no way of seeing your price protection if itā€™s not in smart Vincent (I think) and the mid year price protection doesnā€™t show up as a certificate. They just need to know and I assume the rep isnā€™t aware of the MY22 to MY22.5 change thatā€™s affecting any window sticker starting since 3/14ish. Iā€™d show them the ford faq and talk to them in person.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too. I lay no claim to the 2021->2022 increase but the statement is crystal clear on the 2022->mid2022 increase.
My dubious nature would have me going directly to Ford and skipping the dealerā€™s ā€œtranslationā€.

OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay I think I understand whatā€™s going on then. Dealers have no way of seeing your price protection if itā€™s not in smart Vincent (I think) and the mid year price protection doesnā€™t show up as a certificate. They just need to know and I assume the rep isnā€™t aware of the MY22 to MY22.5 change thatā€™s affecting any window sticker starting since 3/14ish. Iā€™d show them the ford faq and talk to them in person.
Lol. Itā€™s their job to know this. Not mine.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this is where things get murky because Ford is leaving it to the dealer how the
Lol. Itā€™s there job to know this. Not mine.
You would think! Unfortunately this is all new to them right now. I asked my dealer about and he had no idea what I was talking about.

This is the part that is a bit murky. Iā€™m pretty sure dealers are gonna try and scam us out on it saying there isnā€™t one. But once the order is picked up by the original order holder, Ford will eventually cut the dealer a check for the protection when it processes through their system

Iā€™ve been working on it with my dealer and the way they want to do it is I will pay the 1500 right now and when ford reimburses them they will cut a check to me. Itā€™s not how I want to do it.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
BUDXR7

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

You would think! Unfortunately this is all new to them right now. I asked my dealer about and he had no idea what I was talking about.

This is the part that is a bit murky. Iā€™m pretty sure dealers are gonna try and scam us out on it saying there isnā€™t one. But once the order is picked up by the original order holder, Ford will eventually cut the dealer a check for the protection when it processes through their system

Iā€™ve been working on it with my dealer and the way they want to do it is I will pay the 1500 right now and when ford reimburses them they will cut a check to me. Itā€™s not how I want to do it.
This is wrong. There are tax implications to this.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah, no. They should have a certificate at the table.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly! I told him about that part and he said not to worry theyā€™ll take care of it.

now this is just my deale. I know other dealers have been taking it off for them right away.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, you will pay sales tax on the total increased amount because they do it like a rebateā€¦post sales tax.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, no. They should have a certificate at the table.
As of right now there are no certificate for mid year price changes. In the 3/14 group itā€™s been highly encouraged to chat with your dealer before you are ready to purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited: